GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Marnetmar

Re: GZDoom Builder 2.3

Post by Marnetmar »

Hey Max, do you have any intention of fixing Doom Builder's tendency to occasionally merge sectors that are far away from each other? It's a minor thing, but it's a bit of a pain since it's not often spotted until you start playtesting a map and see that a platform is suddenly 128 units higher than it's supposed to be and has a dirt texture on it.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Unless someone provides a reliable way to reproduce this error (because this didn't happened on my side, nor anybody mentioned this error before), none.
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

I've seen GZDB (ever since original DB2) behaving in really counter intuitive ways when working with joined sectors. I'll make an example once I get it reproduced.
Numnzel

Post by Numnzel »

Hello.

Just want to coment that you made a change in a recent release of gzdb (which I don't know) that changes the way the texture explorer works, i'm talking about searching textures.

I.E. In earlier releases, when I was testing diferent textures for a wall (entering constantly to the texture explorer for searching the best texture) I used to press the letters to skip textures I tested or as a method to travel fastly to certain points in the texture explorer. In this mode I could also (as always) click in the filter to search for specific textures.

But now even if I click on a random texture for pressing (i.e.) "K" to start searching in that 'point' gzdb automatically writes that to the texture filter, forcing me to use the vertical bar, much less accurate/precise and requiring me to use the mouse cursor.

I would appreciate (at least personally) that the old method could be implemented again. As I think it works better.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Added as a toggleable option (Preferences -> Interface -> "Keep Filter input focused when image browser is open" ).
enderkevin13

Post by enderkevin13 »

enderkevin13 wrote:Can you make it where when you load a texture WAD through GZDB, it'll add any patch/flat you add into a map to a new TEXTURE lump? That way it'll make it easier to find the textures you wanna add through SLADE3 into the WAD.
Just in case if you didn't see this before...
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

1. GZDB is not a lump editor. Slade 3 is.
2. Slade 3 already has Archive maintenance options, which can remove unused textures/flats/patches, among the other things.
Numnzel

Post by Numnzel »

I have a reproducible crash.

Well, technically it isn't a crash because gzdb doesn't send any message, insteads it just freezes and stops working.

The problem seems caused by slope lines, (when I try to raise them and/or when I try to change their texture in 3d mode) because if I delete their slope action works properly, and maybe it's because there are so many slopes working together or something like that.

And some of them appear to work after a few seconds working, but some others just totally freeze gzdb.

Map for testing attached.

PD: Many thanks for your previous patch, I'm very grateful of your efficiency!
Attachments
crash.wad
(104.1 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
enderkevin13

Post by enderkevin13 »

Can you make it where you can see decals in visual mode? It's hell trying to align the decals and see if they're in the right spot.
simc

Post by simc »

There's a crash attempt when pressing the up or down key during the Browse textures or Browse flats screen.
It might happen right away but usually after pressing the key a 1-8 times in a row. With the right or left keys there are no such problems.

The exception for the up key: (it has always the numbers 449, 249 and 152)
Spoiler:
Left key: (otherways the same but always with numbers 464, 250 and 152)
Spoiler:
- - -

One feature I'd hope:

A possibility for a key combo (mouse+some keys) to select both the ceiling and the floor of the same sector in the Visual Mode at once.
I mean when you point only at the floor or the ceiling.

It'd be handy when adjusting the overall height of the 3D floor with already set floor and ceiling heights.
Currently it's needed to select both 3D sector's top and bottom separately. (Selecting the tops first and then moving beneath the 3D thing to select the underneaths and repeating that many times made me think of this...)
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Numnzel wrote:I have a reproducible crash. Well, technically it isn't a crash because gzdb doesn't send any message, instead it just freezes and stops working.
simc wrote:There's a crash attempt when pressing the up or down key during the Browse textures or Browse flats screen.
Fixed.
simc wrote:One feature I'd hope:
A possibility for a key combo (mouse+some keys) to select both the ceiling and the floor of the same sector in the Visual Mode at once.
I mean when you point only at the floor or the ceiling.
Could be added, but I'm not sure how it should be implemented action-wise:

The problem: Visual mode Select action already uses all available keyboard modifiers (Ctrl, Alt and Shift), so I can't throw yet another modifier into the mix.

Solution №1: add a new select action, which selects both ceiling and floor when used on ceiling or floor, and probably selects all sidedef parts when used on a sidedef (makes sense only in UDMF map format).
Problems with solution №1: I'll probably have to replicate Ctrl, Alt and Shift behaviors from the "regular" Select action, so if I would want to implement some other selecting-related feature in the future, it will require yet another select action. Also, this adds an additional action to remember.

Solution №2: add a new action, which selects both floor and ceiling if any of those were already selected and selects all sidedef parts if any of those were already selected.
Problems with solution №2: additional key press, additional action to remember.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

I've just updated to the latest version, and it seems to freeze when i raise or lower heights in visual mode and i have to close gzdb through task manager, doesn't happen on every map though, i don't know why.
I've uploaded the map so you can check it out
Attachments
zipp.zip
crashwithchangingceilingheight
(239.91 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Same happens to me when
- copying and pasting a texture to a walland then undoing it (CTRL + Z)
- copying and pasting a floor texture
in visual mode on any map in WolfenDoom
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Fixed (hopefully)...
enderkevin13

Post by enderkevin13 »

Please add decal viewing in visual mode.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”