GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Nash

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.14

Post by Nash »

Xabis wrote:Hello, I created a patch that contains some enhancements dealing with scripts.

Changes:
  • Map scripts that #include or #import another file, will locate and copy it into the compiler area so that it will get properly compiled. This allows for relative path libraries that are stored in a pk3 file or folder structure. Example: #import "acs_src/mylibrary.acs"
  • Now that compilation and script parsing are harmonized, library scripts now show up in the script drop-down menu
  • The script drop-down list will now display a green background for imported scripts
    includebg.png
:O !!!

Quick question... can you add an option that reads scripts with the same name as the current map file (for example, map01.acs if I'm editing map01.wad) for people like me who do all of their .acs editing externally?
Xabis

Post by Xabis »

just do an include to the file; the path the map is loaded from is passed to acc as an include path.
Nash

Post by Nash »

No, what I really meant was, if I do what I am describing in my post... will your code fill the combo box in GZDB with scripts from my external .acs files?
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Xabis wrote:[*] I noticed after i got latest this morning that pressing the new tag button on a line or thing, when it already has a tag, will cause the new tag to be ignored on save. manually typing the number and saving is not affected.
[*] A team member has noted that the "Autuomatic clear in classing modes" option that clears selections out on click is no longer working[/list]
Fixed in r1660
Xabis

Post by Xabis »

nash,

Organize your project in the pk3 structure, then add the root as a directory resource when opening map wad:

c:\myproject
\maps
+ MAP01.wad
+ MAP02.wad
\acs_src
+ MAP01.acs
+ MAP02.acs

Then #include "acs_src/MAP01.acs" in the map script.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

I have a feeling that Nash wants GZDB to load scripts, created for Doom map format
Nash

Post by Nash »

I am already using the directory workflow. In your example, each map WAD still requires a SCRIPTS lump inserted into them. My maps are SCRIPT-less. They only contain map data. Each map's ACS are stored externally because I am using external tools to compile and insert them into the WAD.
Xabis

Post by Xabis »

Then, no, sorry, this patch does not offer what you are after.

If you were to add your tooling as a custom compiler and let db do the actual lump insertion, then you could take advantage of this.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

With all the new items added to GZDoombuilder, I thought it was time to update the key assignment list for a handy print-out.

[edit] new link
Last edited by Kappes Buur on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Nash wrote:No, what I really meant was, if I do what I am describing in my post... will your code fill the combo box in GZDB with scripts from my external .acs files?
Can't you just give each map a SCRIPTS lump which merely consists of a single line #including the relevant file?
Nash

Post by Nash »

Well I could do that too but that kind of defeats the purpose of having the ACS sources outside of the WAD...

To be honest, this pipeline is a relic from the days when loading directories was first introduced into ZDoom and Doom Builder wasn't as advanced as it is now, thus making the option of editing a map's ACS source in your favourite text editor (externally) a more attractive development option.

It's not really important and I am considering scrapping that portion of my projects' pipeline, now that GZDoomBuilder's built-in scripting facilities have become so advanced...
Last edited by Nash on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

Was the feature to change the default textures for new sectors removed from Doom Builder 2? or just moved? Can't seem to find it. Hexen's default textures are just book-cases and the floor is a HOM.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Nash wrote:Well I could do that too but that kind of defeats the purpose of having the ACS sources outside of the WAD...
Why? The actual sources with actual code would still be outside the WAD. You're just using existing features to tell the "integrated mapping environment" where they are.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Mikk- wrote:Was the feature to change the default textures for new sectors removed from Doom Builder 2? or just moved? Can't seem to find it. Hexen's default textures are just book-cases and the floor is a HOM.
You can change the default textures/flats from Edit ---> Set Current Textures.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Mikk- wrote:Was the feature to change the default textures for new sectors removed from Doom Builder 2?
Does this feature ever existed in Doom Builder 2?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”