GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Numnzel

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.14

Post by Numnzel »

MaxED wrote:
Numnzel wrote:...but there is any option to hide it? Don't think wrong, those arrows are a very good and useful idea, but some people may don't like it.
As Dortold already said,
Dortold wrote:Numnzel, just hit this button to disable Event Lines.
Sorry guys. Epic fail. xDD
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Numnzel wrote:
Spoiler:
I repeat, is not important, but this scroll bar does nothing, better remove it, no?
Fixed in r1729
Spoiler:
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

I'm just curious:

I'm wondering if any of my requests warrant your consideration.
If no, that's fine,
if yes, that would be really good.

map number preview
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 40#p671356

icon placement
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 55#p672983

It just would be nice to hear one way or the other, instead of leaving it open-ended.

And the other thing, where right from creating a new map before placing anything on the screen, the editor announces 4 warnings.
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 55#p672988
If nothing can be done about this, so be it.

About this obj file exporting and manipulating it in some other app.
modo 601 is not feasible at $1200.00.
I tried it with Blender and Wings3D, but, due to my inexperience I did not get very far.
What exactly is the purpose of it, if the result cannot be imported back into a map?
Numnzel

Post by Numnzel »

Kappes Buur wrote:I'm just curious:

I'm wondering if any of my requests warrant your consideration.
If no, that's fine,
if yes, that would be really good.

map number preview

icon placement
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 55#p672983

It just would be nice to hear one way or the other, instead of leaving it open-ended.

And the other thing, where right from creating a new map before placing anything on the screen, the editor announces 4 warnings.
If nothing can be done about this, so be it.

About this obj file exporting and manipulating it in some other app.
I tried it with Blender and Wings3D, but, due to my inexperience I did not get very far.
What exactly is the purpose of it, if the result cannot be imported back into a map?
Those ideas can be good. (Map preview and icon placement)

And when you say that when you close the errors and warnings window the errors go to 0, don't worry this is correctly, because the program "understand" that you know those errors, because you closed the window. The errors are the problem, these filters work correctly in theory.

The purpose of .obj exporter, although you cannot import back, is for use it maybe in other source engine, do interesting modifications with other programs or use doom builder as base for build 3d models, because is more easy work with this program than a 3d modeling programs such 3dmax or maya.

PD: MaxEd, i'm not sure if you know that issue, but the texture offset reset in some situations don't work correctly, however, i'm sure the problem is with the offsets, because in some moment, when you change the texture offset or some action that causes the problem (i don't know the trigger of that problem), the wall shows a texture offset of "0.0", but you can see the texture misaligned, and when you try to reset his offsets the texture don't moves, he says "texture offsets resets" but you can see the texture misaligned. I can send you a map with that problem in one wall if you want.

EDIT: About this error, now im confuse, the reset offsets action "in theory" sets the offsets of a wall (linedef) to 0.0, but they don't do it, you need to edit the linedef and in sidedefs section change manually the offsets to 0.0. (This was the problem.) I'm not sure if this is fine or not.

EDIT2: Mmm... I'm making now a wad and i have a idea, maybe if you can make some option for force visibility of floors/ceilings in the 2d mode, because when you have enabled the view floor/ceiling textures and you have a sector with low or 0 light, you cannot view his floor/ceiling texture. Maybe a option like the "toggle full visibility" option in the gzdoom view mode but for the 2d mode for see the floor/ceiling texture of a sector regardless of his light can be good.

EDIT3: There is some possibility of make a non-spherical dynamic light? Some type of directional light or something like that...
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Kappes Buur wrote:map number preview
Lets just say that it will require significant ammount of work to implement rather gimmicky feature (and becomes significant ammount of work * 3 because of 3 map formats).
Currently I have several... feature prototypes, so to speak, in different stages of completion. I may return to this idea after I've finished them.
Spoiler:
Kappes Buur wrote:And the other thing, where right from creating a new map before placing anything on the screen, the editor announces 4 warnings.
If you check those filters, you'll see that they don't have any properties, so they won't filter anything. GZDB now warns you about this. Is there anything wrong with this behaviour?
Kappes Buur wrote:About this obj file exporting and manipulating it in some other app.
1. If you are a student, you can buy if for $149
2. Wavefront obj format is supported by almost every modeling package, including free ones like Blender or Misfit Model 3D.
Kappes Buur wrote:I tried it with Blender and Wings3D, but, due to my inexperience I did not get very far.
As I've already shown, the result can be imported back as MD3 or MD2 model.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Okay now I don't know what exactly is going on in that surface aligner screenshot but I just have this feeling that I'm going to cream my pants when it's done... :O :O :O
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Numnzel wrote:PD: MaxEd, i'm not sure if you know that issue, but the texture offset reset in some situations don't work correctly, however, i'm sure the problem is with the offsets, because in some moment, when you change the texture offset or some action that causes the problem (i don't know the trigger of that problem), the wall shows a texture offset of "0.0", but you can see the texture misaligned, and when you try to reset his offsets the texture don't moves, he says "texture offsets resets" but you can see the texture misaligned.
There are two sets of properties controlling wall texture offsets in UDMF (why? I have no idea....): offsetx and offsety, which control offset of a whole wall (just like in Doom and Hexen map formats) and offsetx_top, offsety_top, offsetx_mid, offsety_mid, offsetx_bottom, offsety_bottom, which control texture offsets of upper / middle / lower parts of the wall. "Reset Texture Offsets" action resets only the second set of properties. I may be wrong, but I think you should avoid using offsetx and offsety properties in an UDMF map format.
Numnzel wrote:EDIT3: There is some possibility of make a non-spherical dynamic light? Some type of directional light or something like that...
Only after Graf adds such light types in GZDoom.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Nash wrote:Okay now I don't know what exactly is going on in that surface aligner screenshot but I just have this feeling that I'm going to cream my pants when it's done... :O :O :O
If you ever seen UV map editor in any modeling app, then you have the idea what surface aligner will allow you to do :)
Nash

Post by Nash »

Where is the jitter plugin? I can't see it anywhere in the "Modes" tab in my game configurations...
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

@ MaxEd Thank you for the feedback.

Nash wrote:Where is the jitter plugin? I can't see it anywhere in the "Modes" tab in my game configurations...
MaxED wrote:Newsflash! (r1721)

1. Builder Effects plugin. It will contain several geometry modification functions, but only one of them is currently avaliable: Jitter.
From that I would take it that jitter is finished now, but other functions are in the works. And as soon as those are done, the plugin will be available.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Ahh, I see. Since it's WIP, I'm going to throw in some ideas here for Builder Effects:

- How about a 1-click "fake radiosity" function that will add gradient shadow sectors to the selection/entire map? :P The result would look like Minecraft's "smooth lighting" or Doomsday Engine's "fake radiosity" effect.

- Similar idea to the above, a "bake lightmaps" function that will create fake "shadowmaps" by splitting the map geometry and applying the lighting appropriately, using the several light actors as light sources.

I know these sound crazy and mathematically expensive... just thought I'd throw them in here in case you feel like taking up the challenge... XD
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

I'd love to have a "create sector" function like WadAuthor had. You can create a square (deciding dimensions) or a polygon (choosing diameter and number of sides). The latter I especially loved for making circular sectors.
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

NeuralStunner wrote:I'd love to have a "create sector" function like WadAuthor had. You can create a square (deciding dimensions) or a polygon (choosing diameter and number of sides). The latter I especially loved for making circular sectors.
Something like this?
http://www.doombuilder.com/forums/viewt ... ?f=9&t=371
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Kappes Buur wrote:Something like this?
No.

A nice idea but I find it horrific to use.
Gez

Post by Gez »

MaxED wrote:
Numnzel wrote:EDIT3: There is some possibility of make a non-spherical dynamic light? Some type of directional light or something like that...
Only after Graf adds such light types in GZDoom.
Only after Graf accepts a code patch created by somebody else that adds such light type in GZDoom.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”