GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
boris

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.14

Post by boris »

Supposedly the "Custom Properties" are all UDMF fields, that don't belong to the specification (i.e. everything that shows up on the "Custom" tab when editing a sector, thing etc.). The fields that belong to the specs are handeled by the editing dialogs and should have their own properties in the code, but there seem to be some exceptions. After a quick glance they seem to be gravity, desaturation, and light. I guess this behavior is not intended.
StrikerMan780
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StrikerMan780 »

Requesting a tool/mode to convert Vertex Slope things to UDMF Vertex Heights and vice/versa. When Zandronum reaches ZDoom 2.6.1, I want to convert all my vertex height things to UDMF vertex height.

EDIT: Also, the Max Health/Armor bonuses are missing from the Zandronum config. I'd just add the Zandronum.pk3, but GZDoom builder has trouble parsing the DECORATE, and doesn't find the actor.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Tormentor667 wrote:Any chance of getting the requested ambient sound features?
(Tagging ambient sounds, preview listening them in GZDoomBuilder) :)
I understood why that won't happen - though, what about adding sound tags to the ambient sounds? for example:

Code: Select all

$AMBIENT 20 SEQ_PLANEATTACK POINT CONTINUOUS 1.0 //$Title "Plane Attack"
This code line shows the title of the sound effect next to the "Ambient Sound Number"?
Xeotroid

Post by Xeotroid »

So I tried to import an .obj - I exported LOD landscape from Oblivion, combined all the separated chunks into one model, exported with as much compatibility options as possible - and this error appeared:
Failed to parse face definition at line 208847: only triangle faces are supported!
Okay, even though I used triangles in Cinema 4D and Oblivion models don't use squares / n-gons anyway, I downloaded a plug-in that exports models better (C4D's export support is... meh to say the least), but the exact same error appeared.

Note that at the said line starts a different block of data starting with "f" (faces?), and every line there looks like this (except with different values):

Code: Select all

f 87342/120836 87416/120981 87392/120929
Does anyone know what to do with this?
hjalg

Post by hjalg »

Crash in version 1.14.0.2300.
Spoiler:
One more:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
It happens only in visual mode. Errors say "Cannot find the file '%path%/%name%.png' in archive '%path%/%name%.pk3'" and "Missing sprite lump '%name%.png'. Forgot to include required resources?". Every switch to visual mode makes 2-4 errors, then crash. For example you switch to visual mode - 4 errors happens, you switch back to classic mode then to visual again - 5 more errors, the next switch is crash. These sprites are actually not missing, moreover, they can be displayed in "Edit Thing" window. I think it's somehow connected with view distance and map size, because when i start editor with "View Distance: >=3000" and open a map with about >=20000 units wide - error/crash happens immediately when i switch to visual mode, but when i close the map and reopen it with initially small view distance (<=1000) - crash or errors won't happen, until i increase view distance.

Also, what happened to "Apply to all errors of this type":
MaxED wrote:Added a more versatile solution in r1651
Spoiler:
I can't find this checkbox anymore.
Last edited by hjalg on Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

hjalg wrote:Errors say "Cannot find the file '%path%/%name%.png' in archive ....

Did you enable long filenames ?

hjalg wrote:Also, what happened to "Apply to all errors of this type
I can't find this checkbox anymore.

Right click on the error and select the appropriate option.

Spoiler:
hjalg

Post by hjalg »

Kappes Buur wrote:Did you enable long filenames ?
No, my files have 6-8 characters in their name. But i tried, and got the same errors, except now i get "mscorlib: "Cannot access a closed file."" in "Errors and Warnings" window.
Kappes Buur wrote:Right click on the error and select the appropriate option.
Spoiler:
Oh thanks.
Overwatch-C-17

Post by Overwatch-C-17 »

Why when I make some script, those weird line is appear in the Script List?
Spoiler:
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Overwatch-C-17 wrote:Why when I make some script, those weird line is appear in the Script List?
Are you sure that you have named your scripts properly?
There is a section in the Reference Manual, accessible from Help, entititled "Enhanced scripting workflow", which explains how to do this.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

I seem to have problems with auto-merging overlapping linedefs lately after rotating my pasted copied sectors. Seems to be something wrong...
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Tormentor667 wrote:I seem to have problems with auto-merging overlapping linedefs lately after rotating my pasted copied sectors. Seems to be something wrong...
Any hint or screenies that could explain a bit your issues, Torm? Maybe a problem with some vertexes that becomes misaligned when copy-pasted (just trying to assume your issues here - edward850 be quiet :-D)?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

What I did (so people can reproduce this - happens in the latest SVN version)
  • Draw a rectangle
  • Draw a second one - don't connect it
  • Move the second one so lines overlap - works, you get a 2-sided line
  • Mark the second one, copy, paste, rotate 180 degrees and move it so lines overlap
  • Doesn't work, vertices don't stitch correctly, you get 2 1-sided impassable lines
Hope that explains the issue well enough :)
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Zanieon »

I'm getting the same issue as Torm, using r2300 here.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Yep, I tested your issue Torm and happens also to me... Maybe the issue regards the second sector becomes copy-pasted to first one? I mean that double-sided overlapped linedefs pointing to W? The pasted sector seems to not stitch properly vertices, resulting that the new sector don't exists.
I workaround'd with it doing in this way:

1) Big Rectangle;
2) Small Rectangle, not stiched - copied it;
3) Small rectangle moved to big one to overlap lines - DONE;
4) Copy pasted inside an empty space of the map the previous small rectangle one, then click'd on empty space;
5) Moved above copy-pasted rectangle on the low-right corner of the big one (I also rotated it by 180°): lines overlaps the way are meant to do.

Anyway I think there's somethin' missing in here, maybe it's something that MaxED needs to fix.

[EDIT]: Fun fact that's not so funny - If you try to copy paste sectors in the Torm's meant way WITHOUT rotating any sectors, linedefs becomes stitched the way they're meant to do. Also I tried 'ol drawing linedef method (no rectangle) WITHOUT rotating any sectors and, hell, it worked too.

[RE-EDIT]: Could be this some issue regarding vertexes orientation? Hope it's not bullshit.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

I guess the accuracy calculation is doing something wrong, I also noticed when zooming then that sometimes line isn't straight in some zoom levels that isn't stitching.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”