GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
shadow520

Re: GZDoom Builder 2.3

Post by shadow520 »

MaxED wrote:DB2/GZDB use .net's built-in OpenFileDialog and FolderBrowserDialog. While it's technically possible to replace those with custom implementations, I won't do that just because you have troubles with the built-in ones.
shadow520 wrote:I am aware of that "alt + Up" is another method for performing the same action.
But are you aware that "Backspace" does the same thing? :)
I was not aware that backspace does the same thing. Thanks for letting me know.
Da Spadger

Post by Da Spadger »

MaxED wrote:I'll need your wad to investigate the issue...
Alright, it's been sent.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Fixed in R2389.
ZZYZX

Post by ZZYZX »

A very annoying bug in transparent midtex selection.

This is what it looks like from close distance: http://i.imgur.com/KZEXgmc.png http://i.imgur.com/PJDJnDL.png
i.e. looks like the selection mask is shifted 1 pixel to the top relatively to the actual midtex location.

From far distance it's even worse because I randomly can't select the line at all no matter where I look.
Is there any option to restore the old behavior where you couldnt select anything behind a middle texture no matter where you pointed?
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

ZZYZX wrote:A very annoying bug in transparent midtex selection.
Fixed in R2390.
ZZYZX wrote:Is there any option to restore the old behavior where you couldnt select anything behind a middle texture no matter where you pointed?
Spoiler:
Hindsight2020

Post by Hindsight2020 »

Haha. That actually made me lol... Literally.

I was actually meaning to report something about transparent textures.... When using them normally, the texture is highlighted when crossing a non-transparent part... But when using a scaled texture (because it shows up correctly in GZDB, which is awesome) scrolling over the non-transparent part doesn't work, but it highlights the texture a strange points, even transparent parts... Like its rendering in scale, but the Visual mode GUI doesn't realize it... Is the clear? I can upload an example if needed.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Scaled textures worked fine during my tests, so yes, I need and example...
ReedtheStrange

Post by ReedtheStrange »

How do I change the number of rows and columns in draw grid mode?
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

ReedtheStrange wrote:How do I change the number of rows and columns in draw grid mode?
In my setup I hold down either Shift or Ctrl while rolling the mousewheel.
Tango

Post by Tango »

loving the new versions :D is there any way to disable the behavior that adjusts grid-size when you zoom? I poked around in the options but didn't see anything D: also, not sure how much of a priority it is for you, but it would be awesome if the 3d floors in Doom format could be displayed in 3d mode just like the 3d floors are in other formats.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Tango wrote:loving the new versions :D
is there any way to disable the behavior that adjusts grid-size when you zoom? ....
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 15#p855888
edward850

Post by edward850 »

The updater can never find its ini if it has no starting location (or rather any location that isn't where it exists). It should probably scan the application directory instead.
Also your mastermind is the wrong size in all configs that have one.
Last edited by edward850 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tango

Post by Tango »

Kappes Buur wrote:
Tango wrote:loving the new versions :D
is there any way to disable the behavior that adjusts grid-size when you zoom? ....
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 15#p855888
ahhh, thank you. strangely the icon in the toolbar for it is in the Snap/Merge toolbar rather than the View Modes one, but it's there in any case!

one more thing. the special keys involving mouse scrolling up/down don't seem to be an option for some actions in the key bindings? in my case I'd like to use ctrl+scroll for altering grid size. am I just missing something?
Hindsight2020

Post by Hindsight2020 »

It's not there for me either. Noticed this while back. It is there for other options, tho, so I assume it was left out for a reason.
shadow520

Post by shadow520 »

I recently upgraded my OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and while GZDdoom Builder works fine when I open it directly, I keep getting an error message that the program cannot be associated with .wad file type. Does anyone know of a way to fix this problem?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”