GZDoom Builder 2.3

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Dortold

Re: GZDoom Builder 1.14

Post by Dortold »

EDIT: Nevermind! Thanks to Gez I found out that all I had to do was copy "Doom.cfg" from the DB2 configurations folder into the same folder for GZDB, then select "Doom" for my map's game configuration. I've been vanilla mapping in GZDoom like a total dumb. Dur hur. :P

Maybe this has already been addressed, but how troublesome would it be to limit the ability to place flats on walls and textures on ceilings/floors while mapping in straight Doom mode? The reason isn't because of the potential to place a texture on a wall accidentally, but because it's a minor pain having to sort through textures when you're just looking for a flat.

So specifically, this is a feature request to hide flats when browsing for textures and vice versa.
Last edited by Dortold on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gez

Post by Gez »

I'm pretty sure this is already handled by the configurations. If you don't use a ZDoom or Eternity config, flats/wall texture mixing should be disabled.
hfc2x

Post by hfc2x »

Dortold wrote:limit the ability to place flats on walls and textures on ceilings/floors while mapping in straight Doom mode?
I have to agree that having FLATs and wall textures mixed together is sometimes troublesome. For that reason, it would also be useful to have something to toggle it before map load (like the "Patches between P_START and P_END" thing) in ANY mode, not just in Vanilla Doom.
Siberian Tiger
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro. 22H2
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Siberian Tiger »

Kappes Buur wrote:
MaxED wrote:
Kappes Buur wrote:1. When GZDoombuilder is opened, where can I find the revision number?
Sadly, it's not stored anywhere inside the program.
Could it be placed into the About box?
Or, perhaps, into the cfg file, or the log file?
If it helps, I added an ASCII file (SVNHistory.txt) that holds all of the SVN revision logs regarding GZDoom Builder. Does this help a little?

Source
Nash

Post by Nash »

Is it possible to change a UDMF value's default to a custom value upon creation? For example, I want my X/Y scale for floor, ceilings, and front/back sidedefs to be defaulted to 2 instead 1...
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Siberian_Tiger wrote: If it helps, I added an ASCII file (SVNHistory.txt) that holds all of the SVN revision logs regarding GZDoom Builder. Does this help a little?
A little is better than nothing. :)

My concern is, though, that to know which version I am running is reliant on a separate file, which easily could be out of synch.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Nash wrote:Is it possible to change a UDMF value's default to a custom value upon creation? For example, I want my X/Y scale for floor, ceilings, and front/back sidedefs to be defaulted to 2 instead 1...
No. Most of them are not added to thing/sector/linedef/sidedef by default.
EDIT: Isn't it better to use TEXTURES to do "default" scaling?
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Dortold wrote:EDIT: Nevermind! Thanks to Gez I found out that all I had to do was copy "Doom.cfg" from the DB2 configurations folder into the same folder for GZDB, then select "Doom" for my map's game configuration. I've been vanilla mapping in GZDoom like a total dumb. Dur hur. :P

Maybe this has already been addressed, but how troublesome would it be to limit the ability to place flats on walls and textures on ceilings/floors while mapping in straight Doom mode? The reason isn't because of the potential to place a texture on a wall accidentally, but because it's a minor pain having to sort through textures when you're just looking for a flat.

So specifically, this is a feature request to hide flats when browsing for textures and vice versa.
TOO LATE! Added in r1659!
gzdb_flats.jpg
Siberian Tiger
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro. 22H2
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Siberian Tiger »

Kappes Buur wrote:
Siberian_Tiger wrote: If it helps, I added an ASCII file (SVNHistory.txt) that holds all of the SVN revision logs regarding GZDoom Builder. Does this help a little?
A little is better than nothing. :)

My concern is, though, that to know which version I am running is reliant on a separate file, which easily could be out of synch.

Without a doubt that issue can occur, but I'll try my best to keep that file in sync. Usually when I write posts on the DRDTeam forums regarding SVN uploads - there is a few steps that I have todo manually, there's a lesser chance that the ascii file will be out-of-sync but the chances are always there. I'll try to find a better solution in Beta 8 or Beta 9 (if I can) of Bootless Star.
Xabis

Post by Xabis »

Max, what is your preferred way for contributing patches?
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

I'm using Tortoise SVN, so, I suppose a diff patch created by it will do (I have no idea, whether diff patches, created by different subversion clients, are compatible or not).
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

MaxED wrote:Image
Are those the only options? If so, I wonder, should patches (which can also be placed on a floor/line) be included as an option? What about distinguishing between textures that are found between TX markers in a wad (or the textures folder in a zip) versus traditional TEXTURE1 textures? What about textures defined in the modern TEXTURES lump versus traditional TEXTURE1 entries? I don't know how many, if any, of these should be included. I'm just throwing the idea out there.
MaxED

Post by MaxED »

Just how often you'll require such sort of filtering? Current options replicate "mixtexturesflats" flag from game configurations.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I quite often toggle the show patches and show TX options in DeePsea when I am looking for a particular graphic.
Spoiler:
Xabis

Post by Xabis »

Hello, I created a patch that contains some enhancements dealing with scripts.

Changes:
  • Map scripts that #include or #import another file, will locate and copy it into the compiler area so that it will get properly compiled. This allows for relative path libraries that are stored in a pk3 file or folder structure. Example: #import "acs_src/mylibrary.acs"
  • Now that compilation and script parsing are harmonized, library scripts now show up in the script drop-down menu
  • The script drop-down list will now display a green background for imported scripts
    colored background for included scripts
    colored background for included scripts
    includebg.png (6.86 KiB) Viewed 624 times
  • The user may now search for lines or things that contain specific action arguments, when using the action search type. This requires typing the search query in a specific format: action;arg0,arg1,arg2,arg3,arg4 -- If the argument is 0 or missing, that argument will be skipped.
    find/replace box, that found 4 lines with script 2
    find/replace box, that found 4 lines with script 2

Additionally:
  • I noticed after i got latest this morning that pressing the new tag button on a line or thing, when it already has a tag, will cause the new tag to be ignored on save. manually typing the number and saving is not affected.
  • A team member has noted that the "Autuomatic clear in classing modes" option that clears selections out on click is no longer working
Attachments
acs_enhancements.zip
Code Patch
(3.65 KiB) Downloaded 35 times

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”