Need help with ACS boss health

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Alterworldruler

Need help with ACS boss health

Post by Alterworldruler »

So i've been trying to create a working graphic boss health script, I got graphics in, I coded something to display his last 1/3 of health and it doesn't work. What could be the problem?

For referrence, the script is here:
http://pastebin.com/xkAtyMi7
Blue Shadow

Re: Need help with ACS boss health

Post by Blue Shadow »

Can you explain how this "boss health" setup is supposed to work? Since it would be easier for me to adjust your code then.
Alterworldruler

I simply want to draw 3 bars that represent boss's health. Each bar being 1/3 however each 1/3 is divided into ANOTHER 3 parts to show how close he is to depleting a bar (simply when 1/3 goes 0, it dissapears)
Imagine, 3600 health, 3 bars. 3200 health, 2 bars and 1 yellow bar. 2400 health, 2 green bars.
A0 is green, B0 is yellow, C0 is red.
Of course graphics are used that are not between the markers. The health of the boss (his health is 3600) should be checked every 20 tics as I want. Hopefully this gives you a better idea. Graphic bars are 64x32 in size.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Unfortunately, I don't have much experience with creating health bars that deplete, but you can check this thread. At the bottom of the post, you'll find a health bar script.

However, I made something, though it could benefit from more flexibility, perhaps you could use as a base to build your code on.
Attachments
boss_health.zip
The bars merely change color
(2.24 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
Alterworldruler

That works perfect! Thanks for the help, i'll credit you in the script!

Return to “Editing (Archive)”