SLADE Discussion - Latest: v3.2.5 (19/Dec/2023)

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
riderr3

Re: SLADE v3.1.0 Released - first post updated

Post by riderr3 »

I can not provide more info, but these crashes related with opened map editor. Used latest builds.
Spoiler:
NewGustavo6046

Post by NewGustavo6046 »

NeuralStunner wrote:
NewGustavo6046 wrote:Unfortunately, I forgot my Windows 8 account password so I had to use my son's account (password-free), and now I can't use Slade.
This really isn't Slade's fault, is it?
NewGustavo6046 wrote:Read Further
This is a forum, not your blog.
Thanks. :) :oops:
Eevee

Post by Eevee »

Dev questions:

Is it feasible to switch to C++11? It would, if nothing else, make vectors much more pleasant — I'm told `for (x: xs)` is a thing now.

Would you mind terribly if I rearranged the source into a few subdirectories, probably matching the virtual ones in CodeLite? I don't use a full IDE and it's sometimes a bit hard to find things.

And is there a standard thingamajig for writing C++ unit tests?
Gez

Post by Gez »

I don't want to have to install a new IDE just so there could be some syntactic sugar on vector loops. I'm still using VC++ 2005, which allows the devbuilds to work on Windows XP (the official builds don't) and there are a lot of people in the community who still use Windows XP.
Eevee

Post by Eevee »

It looks like VS2012 can target Windows XP?

Alas that would still require installing a new IDE :)
edward850

Post by edward850 »

That's a funny way of saying VS2013. ;)
And yes, it can target XP bytecode.
mallo

Post by mallo »

I've came across a weird bug I noticed about two days ago, after at least a month of not using SLADE. All lumps that aren't markers are shown as SPC Sounds (which seems to be SNES music format). It happens both with WADS and PK3s. It even happens with lumps I add myself! I don't know what to do. I updated to latest SVN version from DRD Team ("Slade-3.1.0.1-626-g0336db5.7z"). I use Windows XP SP3, if that helps (or does the opposite).

Gez

Post by Gez »

There was a similar report on the Slade forums. I'm going to tell you the same thing: delete the old res folder or slade.pk3, make sure to install the slade.pk3 from the latest version.
http://mancubus.net/forums/index.php/topic,1604.0.html
mallo

Post by mallo »

Weird, I was sure I responded already...

Anyways, removing res folder did the trick! Thanks!
Raziel236

SLAAAADE!!! Fix incoming?..

Post by Raziel236 »

Is the latest version of Slade 3 guna get fixed soon? It crashes like nothing, is super slow, if the window shows up properly at all or if the buttons work, previews don't work properly and I've just gone
Archive>
Import Files>
and the program disappears!! closed, no changes saved..
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: SLAAAADE!!! Fix incoming?..

Post by NeuralStunner »

Why don't you mention it in the official thread, and provide some system information so it can actually be addressed?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: SLAAAADE!!! Fix incoming?..

Post by wildweasel »

NeuralStunner wrote:Why don't you mention it in the official thread, and provide some system information so it can actually be addressed?
Merged.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Kappes Buur wrote:
  • Which version of Slade3 is causing you grief?
    Supply some screenshot(s) of the problem(s) as it (they) appear(s) on your monitor.
    Supply a crashlog or at least the log created by Slade3 (slade3.log) as you started up Slade3.
The EXE says version 3.0.1.0, here are screenshots of the two issues:

Look at the entry point for the cursor. It's over about the distance of hitting Tab once, instead of at the normal position:
Look at the edges of the Archive Manager and around the left side, it's all messed up. Closing it seems to work normally then. It must be messed up somehow:

Here's the log contents:
Spoiler:
Gez

Post by Gez »

Nevander wrote:Look at the entry point for the cursor. It's over about the distance of hitting Tab once, instead of at the normal position:
wxWidgets issue. I don't know how to work around that.
Nevander wrote:Look at the edges of the Archive Manager and around the left side, it's all messed up. Closing it seems to work normally then. It must be messed up somehow:
wxWidgets issue. You can clean it up by resizing the window to force a full redraw.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Gez wrote:wxWidgets issue
Is this something that happens to everyone or just certain people you think? Is there a way I can fix it for myself? Would reinstalling SLADE make any difference?

EDIT: After some quick Googling, it looks like it's development-specific, meaning there's nothing I can do for it as an end-user.

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”