SLADE Discussion - Latest: v3.2.5 (19/Dec/2023)

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
sirjuddington

Re: SLADE v3.0.1 Released

Post by sirjuddington »

Ok, the first error there looks like either you don't have wxwidgets configured correctly (can't really help you with that), the second I will fix in a bit (the GL headers are named differently on mac apparently)
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

I have a suggestion for a feature in a future version:

Some sort of "ink dropper" tool, where you can hover your mouse over a pixel, and it will show the number of that color in the palette you're currently using, or the hex or RGB value. Something like this would be helpful when doing translations.
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

sirjuddington wrote:
Skippy wrote:Hoping that some of the Linux users here could help me out, as I'm having trouble compiling r834 on Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic).

I've confirmed that FluidSynth is installed correctly, but when I run make the compilation fails. The last part of the make output reads thus:

Code: Select all

g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/MIDIPlayer.o src/MIDIPlayer.cpp
src/MIDIPlayer.cpp: In constructor ‘MIDIPlayer::MIDIPlayer()’:
src/MIDIPlayer.cpp:56: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
src/MIDIPlayer.cpp:56: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
src/MIDIPlayer.cpp: In member function ‘bool MIDIPlayer::openFile(string)’:
src/MIDIPlayer.cpp:88: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’
src/MIDIPlayer.cpp:88: error:   initializing argument 2 of ‘int fluid_player_add(fluid_player_t*, char*)’
src/MIDIPlayer.cpp: In member function ‘bool MIDIPlayer::play()’:
src/MIDIPlayer.cpp:100: error: ‘FLUID_OK’ was not declared in this scope
src/MIDIPlayer.cpp: In member function ‘bool MIDIPlayer::isPlaying()’:
src/MIDIPlayer.cpp:124: error: ‘fluid_player_get_status’ was not declared in this scope
src/MIDIPlayer.cpp:124: error: ‘FLUID_PLAYER_PLAYING’ was not declared in this scope
make: *** [src/MIDIPlayer.o] Error 1
Any ideas? I'm still something of a novice when it comes to compiling from source, so apologies if this is an obvious problem I'm not seeing. :?
It looks like you have the wrong version of fluidsynth installed (either older or newer, not sure).
Thanks for the reply. I've got the latest SVN version of FluidSynth installed. Is there a particular version that SLADE expects? Aren't the error messages indicative of a problem with the Makefile?
sirjuddington

Post by sirjuddington »

I have what is on the ubuntu 10.10 repository: fluidsynth-1.1.2-2. The Makefile shouldn't matter, and it's not complaining that it can't find fluidsynth.h, so the error is likely a difference in versions (they probably changed something in the api since 1.1.2)
japboy

Post by japboy »

@sirjuddington

I think wxWidgets configuration has been solved.

Just configure with correct options below (neccessary to use Cocoa instead of Carbon);

$ ./configure --with-osx_cocoa --with-oepngl
... Or install version 2.9.1 from MacPorts and create the symlink;

$ sudo port install wxWidgets-devel
$ cd /usr/local/bin
$ sudo ln -s /opt/local/lib/wx/bin/wx-config
Now, I got another problem :3:

$ make
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/ACSPrefsPanel.o src/ACSPrefsPanel.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/ANSICanvas.o src/ANSICanvas.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/ANSIEntryPanel.o src/ANSIEntryPanel.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/AnimatedEntryPanel.o src/AnimatedEntryPanel.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/AnimatedList.o src/AnimatedList.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/Archive.o src/Archive.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/ArchiveEntry.o src/ArchiveEntry.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/ArchiveEntryList.o src/ArchiveEntryList.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/ArchiveManager.o src/ArchiveManager.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/ArchiveManagerPanel.o src/ArchiveManagerPanel.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/ArchiveOperations.o src/ArchiveOperations.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/ArchivePanel.o src/ArchivePanel.cpp
In file included from src/ArchivePanel.cpp:47:
src/AudioEntryPanel.h:10:21: error: audiere.h: No such file or directory
In file included from src/ArchivePanel.cpp:47:
src/AudioEntryPanel.h:11: error: ‘audiere’ is not a namespace-name
src/AudioEntryPanel.h:11: error: expected namespace-name before ‘;’ token
src/AudioEntryPanel.h:21: error: ‘OutputStreamPtr’ does not name a type
src/AudioEntryPanel.h:33: error: ‘AudioDevicePtr’ does not name a type
make: *** [src/ArchivePanel.o] Error 1
I need Audiere although it doesn't seem to be able to build on OS X... I've tried to build `audiere-1.9.4` UNIX source and also tried a patch below; http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/foru ... diere-deve
Maybe I should grab the latest Audiere source form the repository?

Any helps are appreciated!
Gez

Post by Gez »

First, you can try defining NO_AUDIERE (or using the Makefile-no_audiere instead of the the normal Makefile).

If it works then, you'll have a working SLADE (but without audio playback) and from then on you can try getting Audiere to work on OS X.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Is it possible to make SLADE autoplay sounds while browsing them? I really miss that behavior and it becomes a bit annoying to have to click on the sound, move mouse to the right side to click on play, then move it left to select the file browsing part of the window, to either select a new one, or press up/down to move, then move mouse again to click on play, and so on.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

DBThanatos wrote:Is it possible to make SLADE autoplay sounds while browsing them?
That would be neat, yeah. Two separate options for audio and MIDI would be best I think. (I wouldn't mind sounds on autoplay, but I'd rather only play MIDIs by choice.)

Also, what causes the small delay when a MIDI is selected? Wouldn't mind being rid of that if possible.
japboy

Post by japboy »

@Gez

Thanks for pointing me out the right Makefile! I didn't see carefully what the repository includes :P

Here's result:

$ make -f ./Makefile-no_audiere 
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/ACSPrefsPanel.o src/ACSPrefsPanel.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/ANSICanvas.o src/ANSICanvas.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/ANSIEntryPanel.o src/ANSIEntryPanel.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/AnimatedEntryPanel.o src/AnimatedEntryPanel.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/AnimatedList.o src/AnimatedList.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/Archive.o src/Archive.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/ArchiveEntry.o src/ArchiveEntry.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/ArchiveEntryList.o src/ArchiveEntryList.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/ArchiveManager.o src/ArchiveManager.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/ArchiveManagerPanel.o src/ArchiveManagerPanel.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/ArchiveOperations.o src/ArchiveOperations.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/ArchivePanel.o src/ArchivePanel.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/AudioEntryPanel.o src/AudioEntryPanel.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/BaseResourceArchivesPanel.o src/BaseResourceArchivesPanel.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/BaseResourceChooser.o src/BaseResourceChooser.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/BrowserCanvas.o src/BrowserCanvas.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/BrowserItem.o src/BrowserItem.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/BrowserWindow.o src/BrowserWindow.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/CTexture.o src/CTexture.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/CTextureCanvas.o src/CTextureCanvas.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/CVar.o src/CVar.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/Clipboard.o src/Clipboard.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/CodePages.o src/CodePages.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/ColourBox.o src/ColourBox.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/Console.o src/Console.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/ConsolePanel.o src/ConsolePanel.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/Conversions.o src/Conversions.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/DatArchive.o src/DatArchive.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/DefaultEntryPanel.o src/DefaultEntryPanel.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/EditingPrefsPanel.o src/EditingPrefsPanel.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/EntryDataFormat.o src/EntryDataFormat.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/EntryOperations.o src/EntryOperations.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/EntryPanel.o src/EntryPanel.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/EntryType.o src/EntryType.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/ExtMessageDialog.o src/ExtMessageDialog.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/GLTexture.o src/GLTexture.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/GeneralPrefsPanel.o src/GeneralPrefsPanel.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/GfxCanvas.o src/GfxCanvas.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/GfxConvDialog.o src/GfxConvDialog.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/GfxEntryPanel.o src/GfxEntryPanel.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/GobArchive.o src/GobArchive.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/GrpArchive.o src/GrpArchive.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/HexEditorPanel.o src/HexEditorPanel.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/HexEntryPanel.o src/HexEntryPanel.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/HogArchive.o src/HogArchive.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/Icons.o src/Icons.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/LfdArchive.o src/LfdArchive.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/LibArchive.o src/LibArchive.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/ListView.o src/ListView.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/ListenerAnnouncer.o src/ListenerAnnouncer.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/MIDIPlayer.o src/MIDIPlayer.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -DNDEBUG -DNO_AUDIERE `wx-config --version=2.9 --debug=no --cxxflags std,aui,gl,stc` -o src/MainApp.o src/MainApp.cpp
src/MainApp.cpp:80: error: expected class-name before ‘{’ token
src/MainApp.cpp:96: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘...’ before ‘&’ token
src/MainApp.cpp:96: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘wxStackFrame’ with no type
src/MainApp.cpp: In member function ‘void SLADEStackTrace::OnStackFrame(int)’:
src/MainApp.cpp:98: error: ‘frame’ was not declared in this scope
src/MainApp.cpp:116: error: ‘frame’ was not declared in this scope
src/MainApp.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void MainApp::OnFatalException()’:
src/MainApp.cpp:386: error: ‘class SLADEStackTrace’ has no member named ‘WalkFromException’
make: *** [src/MainApp.o] Error 1
I think everything is gradually going well :) Thanks for your help!

I've additionally installed FluidSynth 1.1.3 from the source archive because MacPorts provide 1.1.1, btw.
sirjuddington

Post by sirjuddington »

It seems wxStackWalker isn't implemented on mac yet :/ I'll #ifdef it out for mac then.

EDIT: Done, r837

It'd be nice if osx worked in a VM so I could test this stuff >_>
japboy

Post by japboy »

Finally SLADE on OS X! Well I still have some problems (unusable at this moment)... Anyway thanks for your help and quick fix!
I just wanted to show how it looks like...
sirjuddington

Post by sirjuddington »

Oh nice, good to see it actually compiles (with a few minor changes) on osx. What do you mean by unusable?
MG_Man

Post by MG_Man »

I have a suggestion, for renaming:

"Auto Sprite Frame Rename"

Perhaps a misnomer, you select a range of sprites for example, and then a dialog asks you what you want the first letter to be. It will then change the 5th letter of all sprite names accordingly, incrementing each letter from 1. For example, if you delete a frame from a long animation, instead of going and renaming every subsequent sprite, this would automate the task for you.

Would be useful for numbers as well.
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

I managed to get SLADE3 compiled on Ubuntu 9.10 using FluidSynth 1.1.2-2, thank you. It all seems to be working fine so far, great piece of software.

Until the map editor gets added I guess I'll have to rely on Slade 2. I attempted to build it from source last night (again, for Ubuntu 9.10) and ran into compiler errors involving wxWidgets.

Can I have a list of dependencies for compiling Slade 2 i.e. what libraries and versions thereof are required? (I checked out the source using the slade_20_beta tag from the repo.) Cheers. 8-)
sirjuddington

Post by sirjuddington »

SLADE 2.0 only requires wxWidgets 2.8 (you'll have to install it alongside 2.9 and be able to switch between them with wx-config).

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”