SLADE Discussion - Latest: v3.2.5 (19/Dec/2023)

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
sirjuddington

Re: SLADE v3.0.0 Released

Post by sirjuddington »

Well, I have no idea what is going on there sorry :/ It looks to me like a driver problem, or perhaps the wxwidgets opengl canvas being buggy.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Maybe it's a Windows 7 feature. :P
sirjuddington

Post by sirjuddington »

Perhaps, except it's actually developed in windows 7 :P
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I encountered this crash while trying to open Amulets and Armor's PICS.RES (unsure if it's actually supported though). My Slade.EXE is dated February 13th.

Code: Select all

Stack Trace:
0: (d:\jeux\doom\source\slade3\src\imageformats.h:651) BuildTileFormat::isThisFormat()
1: (d:\jeux\doom\source\slade3\src\entrytype.cpp:220) EntryType::isThisType()
2: (d:\jeux\doom\source\slade3\src\entrytype.cpp:544) EntryType::detectEntryType()
3: (d:\jeux\doom\source\slade3\src\resarchive.cpp:223) ResArchive::readDirectory()
4: (d:\jeux\doom\source\slade3\src\resarchive.cpp:213) ResArchive::readDirectory()
5: (d:\jeux\doom\source\slade3\src\resarchive.cpp:213) ResArchive::readDirectory()
6: (d:\jeux\doom\source\slade3\src\resarchive.cpp:276) ResArchive::open()
7: (d:\jeux\doom\source\slade3\src\wadjarchive.cpp:139) WadJArchive::open()
8: (d:\jeux\doom\source\slade3\src\archivemanager.cpp:205) ArchiveManager::openArchive()
9: (d:\jeux\doom\source\slade3\src\archivemanagerpanel.cpp:638) ArchiveManagerPanel::openFile()
10: (d:\jeux\doom\source\slade3\src\archivemanagerpanel.cpp:660) ArchiveManagerPanel::openFiles()
11: (d:\jeux\doom\source\slade3\src\archivemanagerpanel.cpp:1124) ArchiveManagerPanel::handleAction()
12: (d:\jeux\doom\source\slade3\src\mainwindow.cpp:551) MainWindow::onMenuItemClicked()
13: (d:\application\visual studio\wxwidgets\src\common\appbase.cpp:589) wxAppConsoleBase::HandleEvent()
14: (d:\application\visual studio\wxwidgets\src\common\appbase.cpp:600) wxAppConsoleBase::CallEventHandler()
15: (d:\application\visual studio\wxwidgets\src\common\event.cpp:1292) wxEvtHandler::ProcessEventIfMatchesId()
16: (d:\application\visual studio\wxwidgets\src\common\event.cpp:1643) wxEvtHandler::SearchDynamicEventTable()
17: (d:\application\visual studio\wxwidgets\src\common\event.cpp:1488) wxEvtHandler::TryHere()
18: (d:\application\visual studio\wxwidgets\src\common\event.cpp:1382) wxEvtHandler::ProcessEvent()
19: (d:\application\visual studio\wxwidgets\src\common\event.cpp:1457) wxEvtHandler::DoTryChain()
20: (d:\application\visual studio\wxwidgets\src\common\event.cpp:1386) wxEvtHandler::ProcessEvent()
21: (d:\application\visual studio\wxwidgets\src\common\wincmn.cpp:3010) wxWindowBase::TryAfter()
22: (d:\application\visual studio\wxwidgets\src\common\event.cpp:1399) wxEvtHandler::ProcessEvent()
23: (d:\application\visual studio\wxwidgets\src\aui\auibar.cpp:2464) wxAuiToolBar::OnLeftUp()
24: (d:\application\visual studio\wxwidgets\src\common\appbase.cpp:589) wxAppConsoleBase::HandleEvent()
25: (d:\application\visual studio\wxwidgets\src\common\appbase.cpp:600) wxAppConsoleBase::CallEventHandler()
26: (d:\application\visual studio\wxwidgets\src\common\event.cpp:1292) wxEvtHandler::ProcessEventIfMatchesId()
27: (d:\application\visual studio\wxwidgets\src\common\event.cpp:935) wxEventHashTable::HandleEvent()
28: (d:\application\visual studio\wxwidgets\src\common\event.cpp:1492) wxEvtHandler::TryHere()
29: (d:\application\visual studio\wxwidgets\src\common\event.cpp:1386) wxEvtHandler::ProcessEvent()
30: (d:\application\visual studio\wxwidgets\src\common\event.cpp:1539) wxEvtHandler::SafelyProcessEvent()
31: (d:\application\visual studio\wxwidgets\src\msw\window.cpp:5415) wxWindow::HandleMouseEvent()
32: (d:\application\visual studio\wxwidgets\src\msw\window.cpp:3022) wxWindow::MSWWindowProc()
33: (d:\application\visual studio\wxwidgets\src\msw\window.cpp:2739) wxWndProc()
34: IsThreadDesktopComposited()
35: IsThreadDesktopComposited()
36: IsThreadDesktopComposited()
37: DispatchMessageW()
38: (d:\application\visual studio\wxwidgets\src\msw\evtloop.cpp:273) wxGUIEventLoop::ProcessMessage()
39: (d:\application\visual studio\wxwidgets\src\msw\evtloop.cpp:335) wxGUIEventLoop::Dispatch()
40: (d:\application\visual studio\wxwidgets\src\common\evtloopcmn.cpp:159) wxEventLoopManual::Run()
41: (d:\application\visual studio\wxwidgets\src\common\appbase.cpp:314) wxAppConsoleBase::MainLoop()
42: (d:\application\visual studio\wxwidgets\src\common\init.cpp:472) wxEntryReal()
43: (d:\application\visual studio\wxwidgets\src\msw\main.cpp:189) wxEntry()
44: (d:\application\visual studio\wxwidgets\src\msw\main.cpp:414) wxEntry()
45: (d:\jeux\doom\source\slade3\src\mainapp.cpp:216) WinMain()
46: (f:\rtm\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\src\crtexe.c:578) __tmainCRTStartup()
47: BaseThreadInitThunk()
48: RtlInitializeExceptionChain()
49: RtlInitializeExceptionChain()
Gez

Post by Gez »

Fixed in r820.
sirjuddington

Re: SLADE v3.0.1 Released

Post by sirjuddington »

I've just released version 3.0.1, nothing new if you've been keeping up with the svn builds, but hey :P
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

Downloading since I never bothered to get an SVN build... :P
Xtyfe
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by Xtyfe »

Oh man, definitely seeing the changes over 3.0. Thanks :D
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

I'm getting a really strange error from SLADE today, although it seems to have resolved itself after I rebooted my comp.

When I double-click on the 'TEXTUREs' lump to open the texture editor, i would get a "No TEXTUREs Lump found (TEXTURES1/2, TEXTURES): Would you like to create it?" (or something like that) even though the lump is clearly there. It does this randomly for some reason.
sirjuddington

Post by sirjuddington »

Is this a wad or a pk3?

Edit: Think I found the problem. If it ever happens again just close and re-open the wad, for now.

Edit edit: Fixed in r825, hopefully
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

cool, sweet. :D
Xtyfe

Post by Xtyfe »

Found a little glitch. First image shows a text file being read as an image file. It seems that if I have a comment on the first line of this file it's read this way. Second image has the comment on the second line and saved, it now shows up as a text file.
Gez

Post by Gez »

The issue isn't really one of comment place here. Could you post the entire XtItems.txt content on pastebin (free, no need to register, doesn't change formatting at all contrarily to forums)? The version that's detected as snea? I'll try to see if the detection routine can be tweaked to avoid that.
Xtyfe

Post by Xtyfe »

http://pastebin.com/PCA8HNBd

I found something, it seems the real problem is on line 8. I had forgot to finish the comment on this line, if I remove the unfinished bit it works fine.
Gez

Post by Gez »

It's funny. Coincidentally, you made a perfectly valid snea lump, which is why it can display the "image" without glitch. Just changing either of the first two characters, or adding or removing any character from the lump so that the size isn't exactly 8838 bytes, is enough to falsify the identification.

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”