SLADE Discussion - Latest: v3.2.5 (19/Dec/2023)

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
sirjuddington

Re: SLADE v3.0.1 Released

Post by sirjuddington »

Gez wrote:I can't compile SLADE anymore. The calls to glBlendEquation() are the problem. It's an unknown identifier. I could solve the problem with its associated constants by #including glext.h, but that doesn't help with the function itself. Then I found out I could #define GL_GLEXT_PROTOTYPES before glext is included, but that merely changes the problem into a linker error. Search engine results tend to say that you have either to load the function directly with glwGetProcAddress() or go through GLEW which needs to be initialized before OpenGL itself is, etc.

Basically it's a horrible mess and I now understand why Direct3D is more popular when you only have to support Windows systems.
Yeah, I only just noticed this yesterday. Microsoft doesn't seem to see fit to include opengl headers any newer than version 1.0. I tried using GLEW but that seems to screw up wxGLCanvas (probably because this uses the standard gl headers rather than glew which you have to replace them with, I guess).

Edit: Ok should be fixed, it wasn't wxGLCanvas at all, just didn't know I needed to call glewInit().
Gez

Post by Gez »

The default setting for GLEW is for building it as a DLL, but since it's compiled along the rest I think it's safe to #define GLEW_STATIC to have its functions as externs rather than DLL calls.
sirjuddington

Post by sirjuddington »

Ah, I did define that in the vs2010 project, but probably makes more sense just to add the #define to the code, yeah.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

I'm just wondering,®

Since r842, when an IWAD is opened, the entries are no longer in red.
Is that intentional from now on ?
Gez

Post by Gez »

Yes, it was intentional. The way IWAD lock is handled was changed, and instead of putting each entry in read-only mode, the block is put in the WAD save file function. (This now behaves like SLumpEd, in that you can do conversions and modifications on an IWAD entry and then copy/paste them in another archive.) That's since r835.

By the way, the option to allow modifying IWADs is now hidden. That, too, is intentional.
Demolisher
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Demolisher »

Is there a list of CCMD's and CVAR's for slade? I recently dropped SLumped after the modifications to the code window, and am curious about some of the hidden stuff.

Edit: Bug! When compiling ACS, if the compile is successful, Slade is thrown behind my other windows, making it a pain in the ass to compile and then continue working.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Type "cmdlist" and you'll get a list of console commands.

addimfheader adds a header to an IMF file, so that ZDoom can use it.
crash crashes. ;)
crop lets you crop the currently selected image.
echo repeats what you say.
imgconv changes an image from column-major to row-major. Generally not useful, I only made it for a little help in researching unknown image formats.
list_archives gives a list of open archives.
list_res_patches gives a list of patches available in the base resource.
lookupdat is a specialty command to cut a Build game's LOOKUP.DAT file into its subparts.
mirror mirrors the currently selected image.
open opens an archive.
palconv turns the currently selected palette from 6-bit mode to 8-bit mode. Don't use it on an 8-bit palette.
palettedat is a specialty command to cut a Build game's PALETTE.DAT file into its subparts.
rotate rotates the currently selected image.
size gives the exact size in bytes of the currently selected entry.
splash hides or display stuff in the splash window. Without argument it hides it, with arguments it shows it and display the args in it.
tablesdat is a specialty command to cut a Build game's TABLES.DAT file into its subparts.
type lets you change an entry's type.
sirjuddington

Post by sirjuddington »

Yeah, as it is the console isn't all that useful so far. It's mostly testing related commands.
disposable_username2

Post by disposable_username2 »

>>the block is put in the WAD save file function.
IMO "Save As" shouldn't be blocked. Copying all lumps to another archive is slooow.How the IWAD detection works BTW? (forgot about IWAD signature)
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

I can't download the SVN version. It's puking up this error:
Unable to call zip command. See webserver error log for details.
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mancunet/websvn-2.3.0/dl.php:196) in /home/mancunet/websvn-2.3.0/dl.php on line 277
Unable to open file: trunk.r847.zip
The other downloads work fine. :?
DaMan

Post by DaMan »

If you want to update your links now VC10 SP1 redist is out.
x86
x64
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

ChronoSeth wrote:I can't download the SVN version. It's puking up this error:
Unable to call zip command. See webserver error log for details.
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mancunet/websvn-2.3.0/dl.php:196) in /home/mancunet/websvn-2.3.0/dl.php on line 277
Unable to open file: trunk.r847.zip
The other downloads work fine. :?
If you're looking for the SVN build, you can get it here: http://svn.drdteam.org/slade/
esselfortium

Post by esselfortium »

Gez and/or SlayeR, I have a feature request.

A way to tell SLADE two things:
1) Which lump I want to save compiled ACS into. For Hexen-format map scripts, it'd typically be BEHAVIOR, but for other ACS uses (for instance, Eternity supports specifying an ACS lump for Doom-format maps using EMAPINFO) this is undesirable. Possibly also have some way for SLADE to remember the compiled name of a lump in a wad once it's been specified once, so it doesn't need to be told every time I compile it.

2) Whether I need an ACS script compiled with ZDoom's extended bytecode or Hexen's original format.

Would these be feasible? Thanks!
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Odd. The Recent Files list rearranges itself whenever I remove something from it.

Edit: Happens when I open a file too.
Gez

Post by Gez »

About #1, it's already partly the case. If you have a text script lump named BLAH and you tell SLADE to compile it, you'll get a compiled script lump named BLAH as well. However, SLADE expect there to be an ACS namespace (A_START/A_END markers) because that's where it's going to put the compiled lump.

#2 shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”