Nash's SVN builds - DISCONTINUED.

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Nash

Nash's SVN builds - DISCONTINUED.

Post by Nash »

This service has been discontinued. I see no point in me doing this anymore. I'm sure SoulPriestess will be able to do a better job at regularly uploading SVN builds than me.

Thanks to all who've used my builds, and hope you guys liked what I did during the very short time this was online.
Last edited by Nash on Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:03 pm, edited 6 times in total.
phi108

Re: Nash's SVN builds - an alternative custom build source

Post by phi108 »

Thanks!

The zips are corrupted when i use ALZip, but WinZip handles them perfectly. Weird. What do you zip them with?

EDIT: and i just played GZDoom with a 3D model plasmarifle, AWESOME!!
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Thanks a lot nash! I was stuck at Zdoom r908! My only suggestion is that you should add to the name the revision that is ready to download.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Good idea Nash. I was thinking about offering something similar myself... but didn't. :P RazTK has been a little behind the curve over the last few weeks, but I'm sure he'll be back on form before long.
bagheadspidey

Post by bagheadspidey »

Good to see you have your build environment set up again. Are you using vc or gcc? I might try to get you to build some windows versions of stuff for me soon... you can probably guess the stuff in question =)
DoomKn1ght

Post by DoomKn1ght »

thanks! :D
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

Does that GZdoom build have the custom morphing junk?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

The latest GZdoom is based off Zdoom r930. If that has it, then GZdoom will too.
Nash

Post by Nash »

phi108 - I zip my files using 7-Zip. I have no idea why that happens to you.

DBT - To tell you the truth, I have absolutely no idea how to retrieve the revision number and pass it as an argument to ren. I wanted to set this up real quick so I just setup my batch file to overwrite the previous build. To be honest, I don't think there's much reason to go to a previous build and even if you wanted to; RazTK's repository pretty much handles that need...

Enjay - Well I conceived the idea pretty far back - I made a forum post asking how to use the command line to build MSVC++ solutions. The whole idea is that my computer would attempt to update to the latest revision, compile and upload automatically because I pretty much leave my home computer on 24/7 anyway.

Spidey - Yeah thanks, you (and Randy) were very helpful in making this happen! I use Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition and it's all I have... I honestly have no idea how to compile programs with anything else (I know nothing about programming to begin with!). And what's that? Something for me to build? Can't wait... >;)

Cutty - Yep the morph stuff is in.

To everyone else - I'm glad to be of service. I'll see if it's a feasible option to get my computer to check for new SVN versions and upload on an hourly basis... or maybe every 2 hours or something... currently it only updates every 24 hours...
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Nash wrote:I'll see if it's a feasible option to get my computer to check for new SVN versions and upload on an hourly basis... or maybe every 2 hours or something... currently it only updates every 24 hours...
A while back, RazTK was manging to get updates online usually within an hour of the source being available. I thought he might be using an automated process of some kind but I asked him and it was simply that he was spending a lot of time at his machine, checking regularly and then updating manually. I guess he is spending less time at his computer these days. :)
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Sweet, HUD models! Shame they rock around really weird when you walk.
phi108

Post by phi108 »

Set movebob to around 0.05, the model bobbing isn't as bad, and the view bobbing is decreased. I've had it on .05 since I discovered ZDoom.
(and check out the vavoom hud model conversion pack I posted)
Nash

Post by Nash »

Bump. Please sticky.

Oh and BTW, there will be no new uploads today because my internet connection is being a bit dodgy and won't update my SVN code. I'll sort that out when I get home...
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

What the hell is up with the current one? MAP01, turn around and bam half the gate is missing.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Yet another bump and a screenshot of the weird texture problem. Sometimes different textures are warped but most of the time this gate is the most noticeable.

Return to “Editing (Archive)”