Blood shotgun

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Ichor

Blood shotgun

Post by Ichor »

I'm almost finished with a Blood shotgun wad, and there's still one thing left to work out. It fires two shells and reloads, and the alt-fire uses two. However, if I use one shell, then use alt-fire, it still uses two shells instead of just one. I remember Tormentor having the same issue in his latest wad, so I'm sure he'll know something about how to fix this.
Last edited by Ichor on Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skunk

Re: alt-fire problem

Post by Skunk »

His was weird I thought. It was a four shot double barrel that only required reloading after four shots or two dual barrel ones. If you shoot one single barrel, a double barrel, and then try to do another double barrel with only one shot in the chamber Caleb reloads and puts four more shells in. Basically, FIVE shells in the gun. WTF? It's weird that it carried four shots in the first place.

That was like the only thing I hated about that damn wad. You couldn't reload on your own.
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

Have you guys ever used A_JumpIfInventory? :?
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

Heh, yes I have.

Here's what I have so far. I know it needs some fine tuning, but I'll work on that later.
RazTK

Post by RazTK »

Ichor wrote:Heh, yes I have.

Here's what I have so far. I know it needs some fine tuning, but I'll work on that later.
The most accurate Blood SSG conversion I've ever seen yet. Good job. :thumb:
Ichor

Re: Blood shotgun

Post by Ichor »

Ok, I figured out a way around that problem. Now it's done. I got the idea from someone who once mentioned that the shotgun for Blood would be good for Aeod, so I decided to try my luck in making one. Well, that and I need the practice for decorate.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Ichor wrote:Ok, I figured out a way around that problem. Now it's done. I got the idea from someone who once mentioned that the shotgun for Blood would be good for Aeod, so I decided to try my luck in making one. Well, that and I need the practice for decorate.
:shock: amazingly done!

would you mind if I use it for what it was suggested?
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Ichor wrote:Ok, I figured out a way around that problem. Now it's done. I got the idea from someone who once mentioned that the shotgun for Blood would be good for Aeod, so I decided to try my luck in making one. Well, that and I need the practice for decorate.
This is really good!

Someone poke Doorhenge into this direction, this'd be really good for his Blood port.
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

DBThanatos wrote::shock: amazingly done!

would you mind if I use it for what it was suggested?
Sure, go ahead. I already put it in the copy I have (as a shotgun, but it's probably better as a super shotgun) and have been having fun blowing all sorts of monsters away with this thing.
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

Minor update (link in fourth post):

I added bullet decals and I fixed a small problem or two that I doubt anyone would have come across anyway. I don't see anything else that I need to do with this, so I guess I'm done (I hope).
BouncyTEM
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

Very nice, but the reloading sounds come too early and by the time the actual animation plays, it's dead silence. Could that be fixed?
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

It seemed alright to me, but I pushed the sound back a couple of tics. Try it now.
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

This is fun to use. I like it. :)
Project Shadowcat

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Ichor wrote:It seemed alright to me, but I pushed the sound back a couple of tics. Try it now.
Flawless in terms of functionality. Now I simply think it does too much damage. :B
In one shot (single-fire) I can rip two imps new assholes. You can change the amount of damage caused per shot if I recall...
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

Project Dark Fox wrote:
Ichor wrote:It seemed alright to me, but I pushed the sound back a couple of tics. Try it now.
Flawless in terms of functionality. Now I simply think it does too much damage. :B
In one shot (single-fire) I can rip two imps new assholes. You can change the amount of damage caused per shot if I recall...
Not to mention that...
I can kill a Baron with four alt-fire shots.
I can kill a Hellknight, Fatso, Cacodemon, and Arachnotron with two alt-fire shots.
I can kill an Archvile with three alt-fire shots.

...I still think this gun is pretty fun to use.
Last edited by Unknown_Assassin on Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Editing (Archive)”