Goodbye Community

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Sphagne

Goodbye Community

Post by Sphagne »

OK people, I know that I have drifted away from Doom community, so when I found the remains of my old project "Elidor" for ZDoom, I thought why not release them so that people can use what is available now. I have not touched this stuff for about three years now. :(

You can find the file here: ftp://archives.gamers.org/pub/idgames/c ... elires.zip

And the correct readme here: ftp://archives.gamers.org/pub/idgames/c ... elires.txt

There are lots of useful fonts and scripts inside [TST1.WAD] so you can look at them via a level editor.

Hope these are useful for some wad builders. Good luck and good bye people, and thanks for the good time that I have spent with you. :)
Nash

Re: Goodbye Community

Post by Nash »

I've known you for a long time, even way back in the NotGod phorums in 2002. Seeing you leaving is bad news.

Goodbye and good luck in your future endeavours, whatever they may be...
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

That is sad news indeed.
I have always enjoyed your maps. But life goes on and most times leads us into different directions. All the best.
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

=/
As much as I hate to see a long-time member throw in the towel, I wish you luck on wherever you may head next.

This project seems to have a lot of good material in it and I actually now wonder what this would've looked like as a finished product. Hmm.
Sphagne

Post by Sphagne »

Thanks guys, and I will keep a look at this thread for a while to answer questions regarding those resources.

SnowKate709, It was greatly influenced by DeusEx and I wanted to make something that resembles to that great game.

You can see some more info about Elidor here: http://www.wadsinprogress.info/?a=listwads&wad=192

The sad thing is that aside from RL problems, I was totally absorbed by "Morrowind" and then "Oblivion" and their possibilities and forgot all about "Elidor", and now I'm really sorry about it and about that I have not released these materials sooner. :oops:

By the way: All those texture patches are included in Wads directory and are combined together to make lots of different textures, but they can be developed more and combined in more ways together as well.

And when Doom engine can finally apply patches over textures "level-design-time" like Duke, then there would be no more need to combine all those patches together in the TEXTURES lump.

OK, I will stay for a while to answer more questions about these resources and help interested people to start using them as they like.

bye for now. :)

Edit: found this link as well: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/fan-fics-fa ... the-story/

Edit: found another link to an earlier attempt: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread. ... adid=10571

And yet an earlier resource: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=11594
Gez

Post by Gez »

Sphagne wrote:The sad thing is that aside from RL problems, I was totally absorbed by "Morrowind" and then "Oblivion" and their possibilities and forgot all about "Elidor"
I knew I saw your name somewhere else.

It's funny, that's the reverse for me. I was quite active on the Elder Scrolls scene, then got a sudden burst of nostalgia for the first game I modded, long before I had Internet access, and discovered ZDoom. Playing wads and tinkering with DECORATE to see how it works and having a game whose source is available and still worked on made me forget Morrowind and Oblivion for quite some time...
Sphagne

Post by Sphagne »

Heh, it may happen to me again as Doom if not the first game that I changed, is the first game that I have done so across several years and I've quite a lot of fond memories of it and they might bring me back again.

But this would not happen anytime soon so this thread is the end result.

And yes, "Pure Immersion" is one of my current contribution for Oblivion community, but I do not feel "at home" on Oblivion or any other community, other than here. :(
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

Hefty file size. I'm guessing it's because of the music. :)

Anyways, downloading.

Though I don't know you, good luck on your endeavors. :)
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

I dont really know you, but good luck with whatever you're doing. :biggrin:
MasterOFDeath
... in rememberance ...

Post by MasterOFDeath »

Aww damn. Even if its nobody I knew I hate seeing community members go like this. At least it looks like a good run, I'll be sure to look around for some stuff by you now. :P

Well, good luck with life and all that jazz. And most importantly... STAY ALIVE
Sphagne

Post by Sphagne »

Thanks pals, and I would try to stay alive, for sure. :D

Has anybody tried those textures? And by the way the hefty file size is because of lots of highres textures not musicz. ():)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Hey Sphagne, It's good to see you around again. It's a shame, however, that it is only for a short while. You're a long standing member of this community who has always contributed positively.

I've grabbed your file and had a look through it. There's nothing in it that I have an immediate use for, but there is some interesting stuff in there so I'll keep it safely stored away somewhere for future reference.

Good luck with whatever you go on to do.
Sphagne

Post by Sphagne »

Thanks Enjay and as to being a positive member, no one can compete with you, and for sure I would miss you all. :cry:
Pinky's ass

Post by Pinky's ass »

We all will miss you. :( :(
Csonicgo

Post by Csonicgo »

Ya know, you don't... you don't have... to just.. leave. :(

:cry:

Return to “Editing (Archive)”