[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
osjclatchford

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by osjclatchford »

q2gl.png
quake2 grenadelauncher anyone?

yes it needs work. the drum is a little stale looking and the pickup a bit of a lash-up but feel free to work on it and use it!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Excellent franken-spriting, never thought of that before! Anyway, i've fixed your launcher a bit;
q2gl2.png
q2gl2.png (5.57 KiB) Viewed 1678 times
I've fixed its muzzle and shape to make it retrospectively and recolored the grenade to make it similar to Quake 2 Grenade launcher's grenade. Looks better?
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Well done, both of you! That looks awesome!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Ghastly_dragon wrote:Well done, both of you! That looks awesome!

Second that. I'm making my version tonight.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

@captain j muzzle is good but shame it is missing brown tones.
But must say Drum is an absolute big old mess makes no sense at all... mind you it is messy on mine a bit too. Needs a complete rethink methinks...
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Tried to make it a bit more like the original. Could use a lot of work towards the back, and we also might need a bigger slug to fit into the damn thing.

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Nice editing, i could't manage to edit it yet so it's good for us!
8EP1XEK2.PNG
8EP1XEK2.PNG (5.11 KiB) Viewed 1528 times
And yet, have some fixes!
osjclatchford wrote:@captain j muzzle is good but shame it is missing brown tones.
That was intentional, because i always thought why are they brown colored unlike other alpha weapons. Because of reflect, maybe? But still, you might turn them into brown if you want.
VriskaSerket
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by VriskaSerket »

A'ight. I've got a different model and tried it out, the textures loaded fine. The problem is, the view model is split in two, so...
Regardless, if anyone wishes to properly Doom-ify this, feel free.
Spoiler:
If anyone can give me a reference I can try to get the angle right for the right-handed one.
torridgristle

Post by torridgristle »

VriskaSerket wrote:A'ight. I've got a different model and tried it out, the textures loaded fine. The problem is, the view model is split in two, so...
Regardless, if anyone wishes to properly Doom-ify this, feel free.
It would be a lot easier to Doomify it if it had lighting and shadows. Get Blender, check out Minigunner's tutorial, and stick with it for a day or so. The tutorial doesn't cover basics so I'll try to get the stuff I needed to figure out listed.
Spoiler: Crash course in setting up a model in Blender
That should be the basics you need. I know it looks like a lot but after you do it a few times it only takes a minute. Minigunner's tutorial should cover everything else.
Last edited by torridgristle on Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

Captain J wrote:Nice editing, i could't manage to edit it yet so it's good for us!
8EP1XEK2.PNG
And yet, have some fixes!
osjclatchford wrote:@captain j muzzle is good but shame it is missing brown tones.
That was intentional, because i always thought why are they brown colored unlike other alpha weapons. Because of reflect, maybe? But still, you might turn them into brown if you want.
That's the kidder! Lovely job!
MetallicaSepultura

Post by MetallicaSepultura »

working on a simple scattergun weapon based on the Welrod (and the pistol from Hades 2)
still trying to get the 90's render style, i've tried to change the sprite palette to DOOM, and the result looks a lot like Hacx Shotgun in terms of colors, which is right.
Luigi2600

Post by Luigi2600 »

MetallicaSepultura wrote:Image
working on a simple scattergun weapon based on the Welrod (and the pistol from Hades 2)
still trying to get the 90's render style, i've tried to change the sprite palette to DOOM, and the result looks a lot like Hacx Shotgun in terms of colors, which is right.
Is that the chick from tomb raider? also amazing job on this, I'd be willing to test this out as a weapon.
MetallicaSepultura

Luigi2600 wrote: Is that the chick from tomb raider? also amazing job on this, I'd be willing to test this out as a weapon.
actually this was a brazilian game, so i highly doubt it :P and yeah, it would be nice if someone can test my weapons :)
also, here's a new version of the model in first person, and another WIP weapon.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

ok did the rest of the frames then:
q2gl.png
features recoil, flash and reload frames, with reinstated brown shade on one side (sorta ambient lighting I guess? it makes it look less mirrored and truth be told this brown shade featured heavily on a lot of the q2 weapons anyhow so I felt it should stay)
also version with hands because why not? (hands not yet shaded between gun and glove/wrist, will update with this when I get on my main machine. this is just in mspaint on the lappy! LOL!)
MetallicaSepultura

osjclatchford wrote:ok did the rest of the frames then:
q2gl.png
features recoil, flash and reload frames, with reinstated brown shade on one side (sorta ambient lighting I guess? it makes it look less mirrored and truth be told this brown shade featured heavily on a lot of the q2 weapons anyhow so I felt it should stay)
also version with hands because why not? (hands not yet shaded between gun and glove/wrist, will update with this when I get on my main machine. this is just in mspaint on the lappy! LOL!)
looks pretty cool :)

Return to “General”