[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
XCVG

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by XCVG »

I saw this promotional image for Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and immediately thought rotations.

Doomguy for reference, scaled to twice Doomguy's size, the same in Doom palette, scaled to Doomguy's size. Sadly, it's lacking one rotation, and it's going to require a lot of editing. But maybe workable.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

stuff 4 personal project 2
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

hella pretty, also thanks for using my m1 carbine!

EDIT: anyway De Lisle Commando seems finished!
anyway it was hard work to finish every kind of ww2 sprites, though. all of the finished ww2 weapons can be founded in here!

and for the origin links of the those weapon sprites i've done so far, you need to download 'n open this pack of ww2 weapons, though.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Pickup for the Sturmman SG78 Automatic Shotgun. I tried to go for a Saiga-12-ish look.

EDIT: Resized the M77 and A2 again - now the full-size variant has pre-M16A4 iron sights:

Perhaps the SG78 is too small?
Last edited by TheRailgunner on Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Minigunner

Post by Minigunner »

Frame 1 of a tactical missile launcher and an attempt to emulate Eriance's style (or at least the vanilla weapons' style).
Also a half-done pickup sprite.
SuperSomariDX

Post by SuperSomariDX »

That's looking pretty nice, Minigunner! I love how that came out.
Edward-san

Post by Edward-san »

XCVG wrote:Doomguy for reference, scaled to twice Doomguy's size, the same in Doom palette, scaled to Doomguy's size. Sadly, it's lacking one rotation, and it's going to require a lot of editing. But maybe workable.
Just one? it's not symmetrical, so you have to fill also the other side (essentially, you need both the back-right and the back-left rotations).
XCVG

Post by XCVG »

Edward-san wrote:
XCVG wrote:Doomguy for reference, scaled to twice Doomguy's size, the same in Doom palette, scaled to Doomguy's size. Sadly, it's lacking one rotation, and it's going to require a lot of editing. But maybe workable.
Just one? it's not symmetrical, so you have to fill also the other side (essentially, you need both the back-right and the back-left rotations).
You should, but technically you don't have to. There are a few asymmetrical sprites without the extra rotations. Not sure if they're in Doom, but there are some in Hexen and/or Strife. It looks bad if you look closely, but you can get away with it.

Not saying that it's a good idea, of course.
raymoohawk

Post by raymoohawk »

okay so earlier someone mentioned that my avatar image could be turrned into a mother demon in classic style, so i did a little frankenspriting, it is very crappy right now but it gives an idea of how I intend to do my version of the mother demon

EDIT just noticed that they kinda look like evil appas lol
Last edited by raymoohawk on Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
IMX

Post by IMX »

Ehrmagehrd YES
HavoX
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro 21H1
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by HavoX »

raymoohawk wrote:okay so earlier someone mentioned that my avatar image could be turrned into a mother demon in classic style, so i did a little frankenspriting, it is very crappy right now but it gives an idea of how I intend to do my version of the mother demon

Well, it's a start. :)
Xim

Post by Xim »

raymoohawk wrote:okay so earlier someone mentioned that my avatar image could be turrned into a mother demon in classic style, so i did a little frankenspriting, it is very crappy right now but it gives an idea of how I intend to do my version of the mother demon

Looks good man! Keep it up!
Minigunner wrote:Image
Frame 1 of a tactical missile launcher and an attempt to emulate Eriance's style (or at least the vanilla weapons' style).
Also a half-done pickup sprite.
Wow, if you just posted this and said "Eriance made this" I'd believe you. Good job!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

raymoohawk wrote:Image
hope you can finish that thing!

EDIT: here's the Grease Gun!
anyway it's still going on because other one's requestments are left. only two of them; browning auto 5 and this gun.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Had another go at the SG78, as it looked a tad diminutive.

It's got more of a StG 44 look to it now, albeit reinforced and enlarged to accommodate 12 gauge shells.
IMX

Post by IMX »

Oh my god I just realized something

There's not a single frame in the Afrit's sprite set which was just copied and pasted over, all the sparkle and flames in every frame are completely unique; despite some minor details Espi actually made 'em different from each other
Spoiler: Fair warning, 816x1672
Espi you glorious son of a gun :o

Return to “General”