[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

Gez wrote:
Enjay wrote:@ .+:icytux:+. are you aware of Nick Baker's Doom Beastiary? It was based on a similar idea: IE just a single frame picture of a possible Doom monster for those who couldn't or didn't want to create a full monster. Some have, of course, since made it into full monster form, but there are still some interesting things there that exist as nothing more than a single frame.
Some of the "Beastiary" monsters that would deserve to be complete include:
The Guardian, a nicely made Cybermon/Maulotaur hybrid. I think they'd be a better base than straight maulotaurs for Eriance's Hellsmiths.

The Spidibus, the source creatures have been nicely pieced togethers and it makes sense for that obese monster to be placed upon a vehicle.

The Plague Imp -- I don't know if undead demons would really fit the doomiverse, but who cares, they're great-looking zombies.
you just picked out my favourites..
bagheadspidey

Post by bagheadspidey »

Enjay wrote:
Gez wrote:Image
The Plague Imp -- I don't know if undead demons would really fit the doomiverse, but who cares, they're great-looking zombies.
I'm about 65% done with making a full set of sprites for that one. Unfortunately, that's where I've been stuck for quite some time now. I just can't decide what to do with the attack frames. :?
Claw and spit poisonous blood, of course ;)

hmm should we get on topic again and start making single framed sprites again and dont speak about the beastiary..?
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

Here are some of the various (most recent) monster edits I've posted here and on Skulltag.

Stone Demon

Aracnorb

Agathodemon

Hell Executioner

Terrorsaur

Glutton
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

bagheadspidey wrote:Claw and spit poisonous blood, of course ;)
It's more the deciding on and then actually putting together the positions of the sprites that is causing me problems rather than than what it will do as an attack. :(
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

jimmy91 wrote:Aracnorb
I've seen the stone demon before (and like it) but that's new. And I like it too. An interesting use of the Arachnotron face with overtones of the Duke3 caco rip-off.
Nash

Post by Nash »

bagheadspidey wrote:this thing I found snooping around in Nash's files still has me laughing :lol:
http://nash.wanzafran.com/pixel/magic_robot_donkey.gif

edit- content edited for boobies!
WTF HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN DOING THIS
Lord Mattus

Post by Lord Mattus »

More monsters from the "Beastiary" deserve to be complete include:

The Cyber Knight -- A very nice looking creature with a mancubus gun. It should explode and leave only it's hooves in it's death frame. This should really fit.

The War Knight -- Kinda like the hell knight, with the spikes though. this is ultimatley awesome.

The Imp Warlock -- A Bishop like imp. It's graphics are cool.

The Death Imp -- An imp with a Halberd Thrust. This should be like the Death knight.

The Vileus -- A tall archvile with four hands that can incinerate it's enemies with a flame attack.
Last edited by Lord Mattus on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bagheadspidey

Post by bagheadspidey »

Nash wrote:
bagheadspidey wrote:this thing I found snooping around in Nash's files still has me laughing :lol:
http://nash.wanzafran.com/pixel/magic_robot_donkey.gif

edit- content edited for boobies!
WTF HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN DOING THIS
rofl - YEARS

...just kidding, lol -- just took a quick peek i swear ;)
bagheadspidey

Post by bagheadspidey »

that Aracnorb is cool indeed, nice work Jimmy :)
Gez

Post by Gez »

(Note: All my images are hotlinked from ImageShack to prevent putting unwanted strain on the original server.)
Lord Mattus wrote:The Cyber Knight -- A very nice looking creature with a mancubus gun. It should explode and leave only it's hooves in it's death frame. This should really fit.
Not really needed because we have a very similar monster already, from Eriance's Demon Eclipse. You can download it on Tormentor's Beastiary.
Lord Mattus wrote:The War Knight -- Kinda like the hell knight, with the spikes though. this is ultimatley awesome.
I thought about him, but we already have a lot of Baron-like monsters. Still, he's not bad.
Lord Mattus wrote:The Imp Warlock -- A Bishop like imp. It's graphics are cool.
When compared to a normal imp, the head appears to be far too small...
Lord Mattus wrote:The Death Imp -- An imp with a Halberd Thrust. This should be like the Death knight.
Another that's not bad, but somewhat redundant with an existing monster. The Imp Warlord also has the "imp in medieval gear" angle covered.
Lord Mattus wrote:The Vileus -- A tall archvile with four hands that can incinerate it's enemies with a flame attack.
The sprite doesn't look different enough from the normal archvile (okay, two more arm, so what?) in my opinion.
MartinHowe

Post by MartinHowe »

Love the Hell Executioner - with those blades, he'd make a good addition to WIP of mine - the Butchery, even if he is a bit cross-eyed. I also think the Guardian is cool, but a non-cybernetic version would be a more direct replacement for the Maulotaur.

LOL at the Octabrain rip-off, though :)
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

The War Knight, Guardian, and Plague Imp are one of my favorites.

@jimmy91: Great work on the Aracnorb.

LordMattus@ well i dont know why putting in those sprites because there is a link to them on the first page anyway...
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Enjay wrote:
Gez wrote:Image
I'm about 65% done with making a full set of sprites for that one. Unfortunately, that's where I've been stuck for quite some time now. I just can't decide what to do with the attack frames. :?
Why don't you simply pass what's already done to Eriance, Neoworm or Vader? I am sure they could come up with something :)

Return to “General”