[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Sgt. Shivers

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

haha, that's awesome Flynn! Maybe put a luger in one hand and a knife in the other? The mac ports didn't have those ending run sprites right?
raymoohawk

Post by raymoohawk »

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Hope it does walks like midori's fixed walkcycle of it, through.
Flynn Taggart

Post by Flynn Taggart »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:haha, that's awesome Flynn! Maybe put a luger in one hand and a knife in the other? The mac ports didn't have those ending run sprites right?
Ha! sounds like a cool idea if I know how to do it. and correct the MAC ports have no BJ sprites aside from the HUD.

Walk cycle mostly done (Much happier with the face this time). just need to add the cuts and blood bits. (Now to figure out how to do that epic jump)
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Lots of room for potential awesomeness right there, Flynn.
I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate (and use) any custom animations you'd be willing to do with that. BJ pulling out dual chainguns, firing wildly in the air to celebrate his victory. I seem to remember the endgame screen having something like that going on.
MarlboroMike2100

Post by MarlboroMike2100 »

Ok been working on and off for a few days on this, untested. New Wilco VRX-404 .50 Cal turret.
small update.
Last edited by MarlboroMike2100 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Twin terror indeed. I really like the idea, marlboro!
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

raymoohawk wrote:there was some talk about having it fit in with the other zombies, so mappers could actually use it without looking amateurish
As it is, the actor is unusable (and terrible looking). There is no need for FreeDoom to follow the Doom2 format of having themed secret levels (especially if the theme is amateurish MSPaint-like graphics) in a game that creates 32 completely new levels, so it makes sense to make the actor more versatile.
Xim

Post by Xim »

Enjay wrote:
raymoohawk wrote:there was some talk about having it fit in with the other zombies, so mappers could actually use it without looking amateurish
As it is, the actor is unusable (and terrible looking). There is no need for FreeDoom to follow the Doom2 format of having themed secret levels (especially if the theme is amateurish MSPaint-like graphics) in a game that creates 32 completely new levels, so it makes sense to make the actor more versatile.
I think an alien/demon with a rifle would be pretty cool. Like an armed snake-imp or something.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Which it has reasonable easter egg looking reference but lil' bit of 'em, that would be make sence.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

Graaicko wrote:Possessed SS Troopers, I also used DenisBelmondo's death animation for it, was tired of the ass to ground animation. :D
I like but there's no stance like this one. so could you finish this up please :D thanks in advance
Attachments
SSWVE0.png
SSWVE0.png (1.71 KiB) Viewed 1053 times
Last edited by armymen12002003 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSTrooper

Post by PSTrooper »

Flynn Taggart wrote:
Sgt. Shivers wrote:haha, that's awesome Flynn! Maybe put a luger in one hand and a knife in the other? The mac ports didn't have those ending run sprites right?
Ha! sounds like a cool idea if I know how to do it. and correct the MAC ports have no BJ sprites aside from the HUD.

Walk cycle mostly done (Much happier with the face this time). just need to add the cuts and blood bits. (Now to figure out how to do that epic jump)
That's what I'm talking about! If you could also take out those chest pockets and put the prisoner code thing on the right side of his shirt, similar to other arts of BJ seen in Wolfenstein, it would be perfect.
PSTrooper

Post by PSTrooper »

Since this didn't already exist, I made Doomguy holding the staff from Heretic. I didn't bother with the second frame before this one since the hand in that sprite is hidden in-game. Doomguy's hands are in Doom's palette and the Staff and shadows on it are in Heretic's palette.
Image Image
Last edited by PSTrooper on Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flynn Taggart

Post by Flynn Taggart »

PSTrooper wrote:That's what I'm talking about! If you could also take out those chest pockets and put the prisoner code thing on the right side of his shirt, similar to other arts of BJ seen in Wolfenstein, it would be perfect.
Done and done. Still needs blood spats on his outfit. Plus a WIP on the first jump frame.
Slax wrote:Lots of room for potential awesomeness right there, Flynn.
I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate (and use) any custom animations you'd be willing to do with that. BJ pulling out dual chainguns, firing wildly in the air to celebrate his victory. I seem to remember the endgame screen having something like that going on.
Thanks! I remember something like that too but it was only a picture and wasn't animated. (Truthfully I haven't played Wolf3D all the way through barring the TCs)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

PSTrooper wrote:Since this didn't already exist, I made Doomguy holding the staff from Heretic. I didn't bother with the second frame before this one since the hand in that sprite is hidden in-game. Doomguy's hands are in Doom's palette and the Staff and shadows on it are in Heretic's palette.
Image Image
interesting idea, but too bad that hand is out of perspective, through. Just try to grab the broomstick like that for example.

Return to “General”