[USDF/ZSDF] Panel graphic sizes

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Tormentor667

[USDF/ZSDF] Panel graphic sizes

Post by Tormentor667 »

I am having trouble with creating my own background graphic panels for USDF dialogues.

When using no dialogue background panel, the standard semi-transparent black background gets used which looks just fine:

Now, when I want to use a unique background as "PANEL" like the following one...
...I get the following result:

It doesn't matter how large the image is, it always begins with a padding from the left and gets resized. The main issue here is that the text is wider than the background picture and I can't do anything about this.

So either the text should have the same padding from the borders or the image should use the same algorithm as the background color has when you don't define a panel background. Otherwise it's pretty useless.
Tormentor667

Re: [USDF/ZSDF] Panel graphic sizes

Post by Tormentor667 »

I still consider this to be a bug, so any chance of getting it solved?
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

The thing here is similar to why some fullscreen images cannot adjust to 16:9. Historically they have been scaled to 4:3 fullscreen and there's just no way to guesstimate what is wanted.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Can't there be an additional flag somewhere (GAMEINFO or MAPINFO or even in the USDF/ZSDF script) to tell the engine that it should always stretch the image to full screen? Otherwise there is no way to control the results and the text always flows out of the box if a graphic panel has been set.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Even if you repost this 10 times, it's still not a bug but a feature request - one, I believe, you already posted.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

I can remember :)

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”