1. The title shouldn't just say "Bug" or "Crash", it should take the form of:
[ZDoom_Version] Effect : Possible_Cause
Here are some examples:
[2.5.0] Bug : Backpack messes up number of custom items
[2.4.1] Crash : Decorate actors using A_Custom Missle
[2.4.0] Total Lockup : Dividing by zero in ACS scripts
2. Please attach the 'CrashReport.zip' that is saved in the event of a crash.
3. If you experience a bug or crash with a custom WAD/PK3 file, please try one of the following:
- Attach the WAD/PK3 file to the bug report post if the file is small enough
- Post a link to a download location for that WAD/PK3 file if possible
- Upload the WAD/PK3 file to a file-sharing host (like DRD Team Files services) yourself and post the link (do not use non-permanent hosts like Rapidshare, MediaFire, etc...)
For example, if you are using a DECORATE function and it isn't working the way it should, you should include a fully-functional test wad or pk3 and not just an excerpt from your DECORATE code. Similarly, if something is not working in TEXTURES, provide an example wad or pk3 with a TEXTURES definition that illustrates the problem and the necessary graphics. Do the same for any other features.
4. Only post bugs and crashes for the most recent version of ZDoom (i.e. not Skulltag, ZDoomGL, GZDoom or anything else). You may also want to check with a recent unofficial SVN build to see if this bug has already been fixed.
5. If you post a bug for a self-compiled SVN version, please try to gather some information in the debugger yourself. Crash logs for such builds are of no use.
6. Do not send bug reports as private messages to the developers. These will most likely be ignored without investigation.