ÆoD (Old thread)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

65 megabytes?! Geez...that's a bit much, don't you think? Did you remember to Clean Up your wad file before you uploaded it?
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Sorry if I dont Answer fast, but I dont have Internet in my house, so I have to go to a friend's house to see what is going on

yeah, I know that there are 8 files, each one a "AE#", just run them all togheter in the command line, but in order:

D:\Zdoom\zdoom.exe -file Ae1.wad Ae2.wad Ae3.wad Ae4.wad... and so on

And if you want to use a custom megawad (this will be useful to play when the mod get finished), I suggest to put it first in the command line to avoid problems if it has a decorate or dehacked patch.
Example:
D:\Zdoom\zdoom.exe -file Scyte.wad Ae1.wad Ae2.wad Ae3.wad... and so on

The reason of that amount of files is because each wad has like 3000 entries, if I put more, NWT doesn't open the files, also the Decorate files are divided in 4 parts to allow WordPad to read it (in my pc Wordpad slows down with huge files)

Right, I admit I stole the quake 1 sprites from the Qdoom mod, in fact, I forgot to include the Readme.txt where I give credits to the authors of the sources I used to made my mod.
Also I tried to contact the author of that mod, But I just never find him, and I could never ask permision to use the Sprites.

I think that the files are already cleaned, but they have so many sounds and sprites that, well, its size is just enourmous

Ignore the "Colors.txt", "Objects.txt" and the "zdoom specs.txt"; those files are which I use to understand a little more to make the mod.
stx 2.0

Post by stx 2.0 »

Meh. I don't mean that I was just looking for an opportunity to put that pic up :P

Still. Try compiling them all into one WAD. That may even lower the filesize and increase the compression rate :P

However, This mod looks very fun. I'm downloading it right now.
I hope to see lots of deathly overpowered weapons :twisted:

Megaupload has pissed me off. I have had to restart the damn download six times already. See Picture above.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

I tried to join the files, but NWTpro can't manage wads with more than (I think) 3500 entries, and because that is my favorite software, I will join all wads when the mod is finished.

I repeat:
THE MOD DOESN'T WORK YET :), but you can still check the monsters and weapons, and tell me what you think

The Quake 2 mosters, please!!! I'm really proud of them
sin`pl

Post by sin`pl »

"THE MOD DOESN'T WORK YET" - i noticed because first thing that i tried was 'zdoom -file ae1.wad ...' . i saw all sprites with xwe - nice work but some enemys will be TOO big!

"The Quake 2 mosters, please!!!" - you've ripped them yourself? i saw other (very old) mod with q2 sprites, i don't know if they are exact same as yours but probably..
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

This is a SERIOUSLY big file. It's almost like the Gothic99 of enemy/weapon modding. It sounds cool, though. I'm downloading it right now.

Sounds like an uber-resource wad of sorts. Good effort - it must have taken eons for you to make an addon of this size.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

I wouldn't think so if the majority wad is taken from other resource wads.
stx 2.0

Post by stx 2.0 »

This mod is EXCELLENT!

However, For 194MB worth of WADs, I expected to be more weapons/monsters than what there already is.

WRW has about 90% the amout of these weapons, and its filesize is.. like 14MB i think...

Other than the filesize issue. This, and ARSENAL are my favorite Weapon Mods.

Good job.

4.999/5 Letters in ZDoom
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

sin`pl wrote:"THE MOD DOESN'T WORK YET" - i noticed because first thing that i tried was 'zdoom -file ae1.wad ...' . i saw all sprites with xwe - nice work but some enemys will be TOO big!

"The Quake 2 mosters, please!!!" - you've ripped them yourself? i saw other (very old) mod with q2 sprites, i don't know if they are exact same as yours but probably..
If you are talking about size in mapunits inside the game, the "too big" sprites will be scaled.

And yes, I (I think that is the word) "ripped" the Quake2 sprites by my self, because I never found a complete Q2 mod. I know of which mod you are talking, but the only thing I took from there was the Q2 weapons (in that mod the weapons sprites looks very nice, and when I tried to make my own, they looked so "Pixelated"). The Monsters sprites from that mod, wasn't complete, they were made to fit the doom2 monsters, and my Q2 sprites are almost complete, with their various attacks from each monster.

And I was wondering, how long your pc delays to make the mod work, in my pc, about 2:30 minutes: unbelievable uh??
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

Could someone host it on mooload please?
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

why is that? You cant download it from the link?
Right now Im uploading (a little updated) it again in the megaupload.com
stx 2.0

Post by stx 2.0 »

Please!! NO MEGALOAD!!! It's way to slow!

Use MooLoad, It looks easy and usable.

Anything but Bigupload, Megaload, Rabidshark, or Sendspace! Anything at all!

I tested MooLoad, It's perfect. Please use it! For everyone's sake.

and Chronoteeth cannot download that file because it is blocked by that damn Filterpak Virus he has and can't remove from his computer.. poor Chrono.. I feel sorry for him.. :cry: Please use Mooload for us!
Last edited by stx 2.0 on Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

ok, right now I'm going to try Mooload...
I must have some faith...
stx 2.0

Post by stx 2.0 »

Thank you very much!

/me gives DBThanatos a dollar
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Im trying, Im trying, but it does not seems to have an advance :(

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”