ÆoD (Old thread)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
DavidB1000

Re: ÆoD (Final 4.2 patch! 14-nov-08)

Post by DavidB1000 »

To be honest, this thread is beyond huge. It's probably a record for a non naughty forum. :)
Hmm, I guess Obvious Troll is Obvious?

OH, well, if DBThanatos wants a new topic, it works for me. Besides, he might be able to add enough info to the main page this time that people won't post. "Hey, it doesn't work..." "Get the SVN!"
Siggi
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Siggi »

Well, either we just prune this thread, or we lock in and DBT creates a new one.
I was thinking along the lines of pruning it though.
BouncyTEM
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

DavidB1000 wrote:To be honest, this thread is beyond huge. It's probably a record for a non naughty forum. :)
Not quite, KDIZD's reached 300 pages in the editing topic before, IIRC, being brought here to Projects.

I'm wondering if Chii's trying to intentionally piss everyone off or not, since while it's certainly working (I did get rather ticked and I did lose a bit of my civility, i'll admit, although I did calm down after a small bit), I can see where it wasn't intended, either.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Bouncy wrote:
DavidB1000 wrote:To be honest, this thread is beyond huge. It's probably a record for a non naughty forum. :)
Not quite, KDIZD's reached 300 pages in the editing topic before, IIRC, being brought here to Projects.

I'm wondering if Chii's trying to intentionally piss everyone off or not, since while it's certainly working (I did get rather ticked and I did lose a bit of my civility, i'll admit, although I did calm down after a small bit), I can see where it wasn't intended, either.
That's because the troll is just that good.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

Well, I didnt expect the need for this topic to be locked for it's size. Still, if that's the boss rules (yeah, I saw the "Currently listening to..." thread and randy's post :P ), I have no problem with that.

I have a question though: Would this topic be deleted? I still find some use when reading the thread (like going into the reports and suggestions dismissed before); and if is not deleted, the only thing that would be needed is to give a link in the first post of this thread to the new one, since in a couple places, links to aeod points to this one (well, maybe in the last post too).

Oh, right! and about all the Chii opinion: If he doesnt like it, it's in his right. And if he wants to (even if "arrogantly") post his opinion, is free to do it. I have (so a couple users by now) pointed why the monsters arent the same. If he decides to keep criticizing pointlessly the mod without listening, well, I'll just ignore him. Please do the same. Somehow we have managed to avoid a flamewar here for 2 or 3 years. :)
Siggi

Post by Siggi »

There are no rules about how large a thread can be, it just seems like a good idea really.

The thread does not have to be deleted.
I could just go through it and move all the off-topic posts out the thread, and leave behind all the useful bits.

Although, the easiest is to start a new thread and just lock this one. You'd still be able to link to it.
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

I'd probably wait until the next version is released or close to it, but that's just me. Right now, we have discussions on certain monsters and items that might need to be changed a bit (i.e. that werepanther), along with other issues.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

What about this: I make a new thread for aeod. Give the links for the new in the old one (this one :P ) and this one is (locked and) moved somewhere deep into general (that's where I've seen really old threads lying) or somewhere where it will not be noticed nor deleted?

Just an idea ;)

@Ichor: The bad thing is that we are pretty unsure when the new version is coming up; that could take months.
Siggi

Post by Siggi »

DBThanatos wrote:What about this: I make a new thread for aeod. Give the links for the new in the old one (this one :P ) and this one is (locked and) moved somewhere deep into general (that's where I've seen really old threads lying) or somewhere where it will not be noticed nor deleted?

Just an idea ;)
If that's what you'd like to do, then I'll wait for you to create your new thread and put links to it in this one.
Once you're done I'll lock this thread. :)
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

I hope you dont mind if I take another day (or a couple) to make the new thread. Im basically setting up yet another patch (damn!! I think this patching is hunting me) to justify the new thread, so we could start directly with some feedback and opinions.

As for the patch itself, it will fix some very small issues that have came since 4.2, like the coolie problem, the cybruiser problem, some ammo usage / giveage (ITWE ("If That Word Exist"; seems like I've been saying that phrase a lot, so I'll just make it's acronym :P )), very little balance stuff, and it will include the last spell that for time reasons, didnt make it into 4.2: The chaos spell (courtesy of Ichor :P )

So, hopefully, we'll have another patch for the weekend. So, any last minute reports or suggestions, are welcome (yet, that doesnt mean that I will change anything that is suggested ;) )
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Is the Korax problem and the suicide bomber problem also gonna be fixed in the next patch?
Siggi

Post by Siggi »

DBThanatos wrote:I hope you dont mind if I take another day (or a couple) to make the new thread. Im basically setting up yet another patch (damn!! I think this patching is hunting me) to justify the new thread, so we could start directly with some feedback and opinions.
That's a good idea. :)
DBThanatos

Re: ÆoD (Old thread)

Post by DBThanatos »

Ok. It's done.

The new thread and patch is ready. In the patch I fixed some small issues that AEoD had in 4.2, like the extremely overpowered nailgun (which turned to be a typo in the code), some monster problems, and ammo/general balance.

Here is the link to the new thread for AEoD.

Well, I guess this thread can be closed now. Is like the end of an era :P (an almost 3 years old thread... I'm shocked)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: ÆoD (Old thread)

Post by wildweasel »

I'll go ahead and lock this thread by request. You guys can go use the new one.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”