ÆoD (Old thread)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Couldn't you at least make the music a seperate .wad?
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Never forget RoTGS! That battle music was excellent!

And yes, if the music file bloats the main file size too much, why not upload it as a second wad and provide a link in the text file?
DBThanatos

Separate the muscic?

Post by DBThanatos »

ok, I forgot that I added an MP3 as music of map32, in fact that mp3 adds like 10 mb to the file size. I joined the musics in the "main" wad to avoid having another AE#.wad (if I do that, there will be 7 AE# wads). Anyway, except for the music of map 32, the midis in the file only add about 2 max 3mb (I dont think that is a big size, but...), for all the people that likes to hear the original music of Doom, I will separate the music (and erase the MP3), still, I will work in making more MIDIs for my mod (even when no one listen to them)
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

wildweasel wrote:You see, of all the documentation you wrote for the wad, there are quite a few places where you have not credited the original sources for your graphics, sounds, and code. To make matters worse, several aspects of the mod are entirely ripped - mostly the stuff from the weapons resource wad, as well as the overused weapons from Duke Nukem, Shadow Warrior, and Cory Whittle's Immoral Conduct mod.
Infact, before I go to check out the actual wads, I do indeed see my Dust Blower weapon in there. I agree that this is just kind of lame, but some of the Alternate fires seem original which is cool. Other than that, avoid like the plauge.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

DBThanatos: I have tried the mod and now here's my review

Here are my seven comments about the mod:

1. The Duke Nukem Bosses all have the same sounds, would you please fix that?

2. Three of the boss monsters (Gate Robot Boss, Heresy Lord Boss, and the original Cyberdemon) are missing, could you add a third Cyberdemon Spawner just for those?

3. I agree with WildWeasel about the "me-too" (Whatever that means) weapons.

4. I was able to tolerate the translations on some of the monsters, especially the Gate Robots.

5. Some of the weaker monsters should be spawned more often than the stronger ones, that way I won't be running into those railgunners as much.

6. Is there anyway to defeat Death Bringer Thanatos (a boss monster that resembles you since you made him)? It seems to me he's invincible.

7. Making all those wad files into separate files wouldn't hurt, it'd make the downloading times easier.

That's all my comments about the mod, I know it's not complete and all but from the looks of it, I say it's quite good despite the apparent flaws.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

dljosef wrote:DBThanatos: I have tried the mod and now here's my review

Here are my seven comments about the mod:

1. The Duke Nukem Bosses all have the same sounds, would you please fix that?

2. Three of the boss monsters (Gate Robot Boss, Heresy Lord Boss, and the original Cyberdemon) are missing, could you add a third Cyberdemon Spawner just for those?

3. I agree with WildWeasel about the "me-too" (Whatever that means) weapons.

4. I was able to tolerate the translations on some of the monsters, especially the Gate Robots.

5. Some of the weaker monsters should be spawned more often than the stronger ones, that way I won't be running into those railgunners as much.

6. Is there anyway to defeat Death Bringer Thanatos (a boss monster that resembles you since you made him)? It seems to me he's invincible.

7. Making all those wad files into separate files wouldn't hurt, it'd make the downloading times easier.

That's all my comments about the mod, I know it's not complete and all but from the looks of it, I say it's quite good despite the apparent flaws.

Thanks for taking the time to make a review.
to each point:

1.- When I was cheking the DukeNukem sounds I never found different sounds of the bosses, I will check that, maybe fix it

2.- That was a really strange thing I forgot to fix, Sorry, it will be fixed in the next release

3.- Dont worry, I cant undestand that "me too" phrase :). Still, that was my point of having 75 weapons, If you dont like that, you can delete some weapons from the Keyconf file, to avoid having that much weapons at the same time.

4.- Are that translations that ugly? well, Im not really good at that (noooo...? really?)

5.- That is already fixed, but not uploaded, just wait a little, Im going to fix all what I can, before I upload it again

6.- Right!!! is almost invincible!!!! That is why almost never appear in the game!!! Still, he is beatable, really hard, but even if you dont believe this: He has about 100 hit points (regular for a human). What do you think of that monster? Is cool uuhh?

7.- I dont know if I should do that, maybe I will try. If I do that, I will let you know
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

What I meant by "me-too" weapons is that many of the weapons, for all intents and purposes, act exactly the same. The Quake and Quake 2 rocket launchers, for example - despite their graphics and sounds differences, they are exactly the same weapon. They both serve the same purpose (a high-damage explosive weapon) and it's not necessary to have both.

This also applies to the various shotguns and machineguns. I lost count of just how many generic rapid-fire hitscan weapons there were in this mod. So the fire rate is slightly different. Or it uses a different ammo type. Or one does a little more damage than another. Pick one and commit to it instead of subjecting the player to all these clone weapons.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

well, I dont have "good ideas" for different weapons, that is the reason why I stole almost all, and, I cant think of diferent kinds of "chainguns" for example.
But... I was thinking of adding (replacing weapon) the M16. But I cant find Sprites that convinces me
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Don't add weapons. You need to remove some of them. I'll say it again: there are too many weapons.
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

wildweasel wrote:Don't add weapons. You need to remove some of them. I'll say it again: there are too many weapons.
Quoted because this will come up again.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

Wildweasel: Not concerning the weapons, did you note that there was only one monster DBThanatos did not steal sprites for? I very much thought that one was original despite being invincible (nearly) and all.
Spoiler:
I also know there's too many weapons in the mod but I also know that there's more than enough monster species to take on, which will keep me busy for a long while.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

yeah, DeathbringerThanatos is my own nearly invincible monster, sprites made in pain, sorry, paint. and the sounds obiously are my voice, and the atacking animations (I think) are great. Is supposed to practicly never appear, but if you find him (me, jejeje), you will have trouble trying to defeat him.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

If Im lucky tomorrow I will be uploadig the next (maybe final) version of AEOD (even when nobody cares about it anymore). Just a few changes and the size is pretty much the same.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

remove the music, then I'll download it.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

you mean revome at all, or make it a separate wad?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”