Gloom Busters

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: SWANKY MOPPETS (updates in progress)

Post by Captain J »

Skelegant wrote:I've been wondering how to add that without making the game cluttered or too easy, maybe a random death state will do the trick?
Yes, that would be the trick. But not often.
Spoiler:
Altfire would do the trick. And if you know even more tricks about inventories and states, you can make its determination switchable.

EDIT:
sweetencolrefer.png
sweetencolrefer.png (9.17 KiB) Viewed 1496 times
Also i've made this fan character from the blue soda can i've made before. For tribute? For suggestion? Heck if i know! Just implement her whatever you like!
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Skelegant »

Very nice, thanks Cap! :) I've redrawn her in my style, along with another related character: http://orig00.deviantart.net/bbc6/f/201 ... al13xq.png

PEP
PEP

NOT PEPSIMAN
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Oh my sweety, thanks for that! Your style is much better than mine too. Also i actually wanted to name her something pepsi-related, of course. But couldn't do it because i'm kinda overreacting over the copyright stuff.

But hey, at least she gained her cold 'n cool friend!
Last edited by Captain J on Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Yeah, it's wise to be careful about copyrights, especially with a company as big as pepsi, however I'm not making and selling chilled beverages so I can probably get away with using a similar name :D (mind you if I was in India I could get away with calling them whatever I like, the branding laws are pretty slack over there, at least in certain areas)
Anyway, here's some new characters:
so far I've finished all their sprites except the one on the left
SimonTheDigger

Post by SimonTheDigger »

They look pretty cool. The lady on the far left kind of reminds me of Prof. Birkin from Resident Evil 2, and I bet the fellow with the axe and the fellow in the purple suit from one of your previous updates would get along famously.
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Main file has been updated with textures and music. I also added a few new opponents including Bateman I MEAN a totally generic office worker who is in no way inspired by American Psycho
GRAB IT NOW http://www.mediafire.com/file/ac87hl98k ... RTOONZ.wad
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Thanks for the neaty update! But i still cannot get use to enemies item dropping rate. Sometimes i get no ammo and weapons from them at all.
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

That'll be fixed eventually, I'll make a bunch of randomspawners so no matter what they drop, you're guaranteed to at least get something :D
Also, if you get around to it, could you let me know your thoughts on the homing tank bombs and explosive business cards (used by the rev replacements)? I just need some feedback so I can fine tune their movements a bit to make them less cheap lol
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Oh, those guys? They are just fine and reasonable. Business cards are very aggressive, but deals less damage. So i'm fine with that. Except the tank bomb; it deals heavy damage and moves so fast. It would be nice if i can destroy it.

Also broccoli doesn't have its pickup message too.
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Tank goes slower now (it's timed too, outrun it for long enough and it'll detonate on its own) and the broccoli should have a pickup message now (I added the old dehacked messages file so I might need to change some parts) I also added a random item spawner, so now most enemies drop random cool stuff, including a few rare powerups.
Plus I replaced the arachnotron with a positron wand lady, and replaced most of the decorations.

[edit] I should also change the railguns at some point, as they currently lag the game horribly when used in an open space
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Skelegant wrote:[edit] I should also change the railguns at some point, as they currently lag the game horribly when used in an open space
Oh yes, i've had some lag issue with it as well.

Anyway i also should mention that revenant replacing fellows are very slow unlike vanilla revenant. But i understand if it's not suppose to follow doom logic too much.
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Weapon particles have been fixed, manc and knight have been replaced, and enemies now drop cookies as well as other stuff. I'm trying to make some kind of currency system where you use cookies to buy stuff from certain props (like the soda machines) but at the moment it's just cookies and a semi-broken ACS script :D
The manc replacement is pretty rad tho
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Hatred technology as its finest! Also i bet he's going to do some volley of hatred chucks!
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

All monsters have now been replaced, the cookie system works, and there's a few vending machines you can buy stuff from :D (also Stephanie Segal's hiding somewhere waiting to teach you her sick moves for a reasonable price)
There's still a few things I need to polish, and a lot of extra fun stuff I want to add. For now, have a pic of the archvile replacement
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Are those black chunks with teeth are effect or actual monsters? Also it really looks scary without eyes stuck on everywhere, i just wonder what kind of attack it'll have!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”