DUMP Episode 3: BFG Edition [map + weapons released]

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
FaggoStorm

Re: DUMP Episode 3: BFG Edition [Test builds pg. 55/56]

Post by FaggoStorm »

simpletonnn wrote:
FaggoStorm wrote:
simpletonnn wrote:hey faggostorm heres your silly = good weapon:
http://puu.sh/qbK55/be614b4e58.pk3
enjoy!!!! :)
That isn't a funny gun at all. There is a difference between a funny gun and an OP one. (also, that one is so boring and bland)

For some weird reason, people link funny and silly to a Russian Overkill-like weapon. I NEVER said that a gun to be funny as to be OP.

At this point you are just shiting on my feedback. If you are going to fucking do that, I might as well erase my feedback, if it is so useless, right?

Rushing a weapon and making it shitty doesn't prove me wrong.
the point was that you really weren't giving much advice, you were basically saying to make the gun super tacticool and do some sort of wierd thing that i probably wouldn't be able to make in the first place, and at first you head-on said that my weapons didnt belong at all without any thought or explanation as to why. you just said "THIS GUY'S WEAPONS ARE SHIT DONT INCLUDE THEM" and tried to leave it at that. i would love to improve my weapons, but by just saying "silly = good" you arent really helping at all
Im no expert in weapon making, but I know a good weapon when I see it. Making a silly weapon wasn't the only suggestion I gave you. Make your guns more interesting.

Shitting on my feedback is a dickmove and doesn't prove anything. (you also wasted time that you could have used to polish your guns)
Last edited by FaggoStorm on Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

FaggoStorm wrote:Shitting on my feedback is a dickmove and doesn't prove anything. (you also wasted time that you could have used to polish your guns)
No, you want to know what a dick move is? Acting like this. Giving feedback is one thing, but you seem to be acting as if your word is gospel and that anybody who disagrees must be wrong. I'd like you to cool it.
FaggoStorm

Post by FaggoStorm »

wildweasel wrote:
FaggoStorm wrote:Shitting on my feedback is a dickmove and doesn't prove anything. (you also wasted time that you could have used to polish your guns)
No, you want to know what a dick move is? Acting like this. Giving feedback is one thing, but you seem to be acting as if your word is gospel and that anybody who disagrees must be wrong. I'd like you to cool it.
I don't have a problem if someone doesn't like silly weapons, and prefers serious ones, and thinks that my vision of a gun is wrong. But he literally made a rushed gun just to shit on my feedback.
LogicalFallacy

Post by LogicalFallacy »

FaggoStorm wrote:I don't have a problem if someone doesn't like silly weapons, and prefers serious ones, and thinks that my vision of a gun is wrong. But he literally made a rushed gun just to shit on my feedback.
To be fair, at least to start off your feedback was basically "Your guns are shit, make them be less shit or GTFO."
FaggoStorm

Post by FaggoStorm »

LogicalFallacy wrote:
FaggoStorm wrote:I don't have a problem if someone doesn't like silly weapons, and prefers serious ones, and thinks that my vision of a gun is wrong. But he literally made a rushed gun just to shit on my feedback.
To be fair, at least to start off your feedback was basically "Your guns are shit, make them be less shit or GTFO."
I have to agree with you on that one.
simpletonnn

Post by simpletonnn »

FaggoStorm wrote: I have to agree with you on that one.
then please state specifically what you think needs to be changed on the weapons.
FaggoStorm

Post by FaggoStorm »

simpletonnn wrote:
FaggoStorm wrote: I have to agree with you on that one.
then please state specifically what you think needs to be changed on the weapons.
Giving extremelly specific feedback to a generic and bland shotgun is not an easy thing.

If you don't want to use it, its fine. Just don't shit on my valid feedback.
Mor'Ladim
Location: An artifact in an image you foolishly saved as a JPEG.

Post by Mor'Ladim »

Made another pass at updating my submitted weapons, as some peoples was spoutin' gobbledygook about 'em! Well, GOBBLEDYGOOK TO YA TOO, PALS!

Iron Annihilator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gmda2gkj11k83 ... 2.wad?dl=0
-Weapon spin up and spin down times decreased. (Feels weird now)
-Missing frames added to spin down.
-Commented out tracers because it was odd to most, apparently?!
-Increased explosion damage of Pest Missiles to 110.

Plasma Busters: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wftlpntkncp5v ... 2.wad?dl=0
-Increased alt fire ammo usage slightly.

Plasma Tracker: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4r8srcczrljij ... 2.wad?dl=0
-Increased aggressiveness of primary fire homing further. Definitely shouldn't be hard to hit anything now. I didn't want to make it this aggressive, but it seems it was too situational of a weapon to use.
-Increased alt fire damage and ammo usage slightly.

Tyrant Shotgun: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vr22dhrgoghim ... G.wad?dl=0
-Adjusted damage to 10x7 (From 18x6. It was a personal use weapon...)
-Reduced spread slightly.
-Alt fire hold state added to allow smooth melee strikes when holding alt fire. It would previously melee, then head back to the idle state.

Too lazy to change version numbers. I am also still working on my new weapons. At the moment, the first to be finished should be the chainsaw tier weapon.
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

I'll give a piece of advice for that basic ssg: look for better sounds. The pump sound in particular is incredibly harsh on your ears

and I'd advise trying to make a new flash sprite for it, the mismatched SSG one just does not give the weapon an air of quality.

Also I'll look into the autofire thing with the dark pulse cannon. Not having +NOAUTOFIRE should be okay for the weapon. I also want to give it a smoother animation and some extra effects, I'll see what I can do.
simpletonnn

Post by simpletonnn »

FaggoStorm wrote:Just don't shit on my valid feedback.
FaggoStorm wrote: all of the guns he made are trash compared to all the other guns in this mod.
FaggoStorm wrote: His guns feel SOULESS. He needs to give a silly and interesting feauture? to the guns.
????
InsanityBringer wrote: look for better sounds. The pump sound in particular is incredibly harsh on your ears
try to make a new flash sprite for it, the mismatched SSG one just does not give the weapon an air of quality.
will keep that in mind, the flash sprite will absolutely be fixed
and i will try to find some other shotgun sounds, i can probably just ask someone for some.
(i will most likely drop out the super plasma because 1) its a plasmagun 2) it was admittedly made lazily)
and of course i will smoothen up the shotgun's animations, including the altfire
Last edited by simpletonnn on Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FaggoStorm

Post by FaggoStorm »

simpletonnn wrote:
FaggoStorm wrote:Just don't shit on my valid feedback.
FaggoStorm wrote: all of the guns he made are trash compared to all the other guns in this mod.
????
Right after I said that, a moderator suggested me to give some feedback, and I did that.

You just quoted that, instead of the feedback I gave right after, just to make me look wrong.

First you make a rushed weapon just to shit on me, and now you do this? HOW LOW CAN SOMEONE GO

Like I already said: if you don't care about my suggestions, its fine, but making a shitty and rushed weapon just to shit on my face and then quoting my bad feedback instead of the good one just for the sake of argument is a dickmove.
simpletonnn

Post by simpletonnn »

FaggoStorm wrote: HOW LOW CAN SOMEONE GO
about the same level as you considering you have the audacity to KEEP ARGUING even though it is very apparent that nobody likes what is happening right now
please just quit throwing your gorilla shit at everyone
Mor'Ladim
Location: An artifact in an image you foolishly saved as a JPEG.

Post by Mor'Ladim »

Ugh...You two keep making me think the thread was bumped with new content or feedback on my weapon updates, but instead it's just more of this drivel! I think this conversation is REALLY PM worthy if it's that big of a deal. (Which it isn't)
simpletonnn

Post by simpletonnn »

Mor'Ladim wrote:Ugh...You two keep making me think the thread was bumped with new content or feedback on my weapon updates, but instead it's just more of this drivel! I think this conversation is REALLY PM worthy if it's that big of a deal. (Which it isn't)
i genuinely apologize for what has been going on and i will now stop posting in this thread until i have updated my weapons or something else that is ACTUALLY POSTWORTHY
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Yeah. if FaggoStorm still wants to argue, he can take it to PM. It'd be great if the thread got back on track now.

Return to “Levels”