CyberShield [Finished tiny tc]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
XCVG

CyberShield [Finished tiny tc]

Post by XCVG »

CyberShield is a retro, arcade-style 3D shooter that blends elements of classic arcade games, oldschool first-person-shooters, and tower defense games. You must defend a central tower against waves of attackers in a cyberspace setting.

In 2201, the last remnants of humanity cling to survival underground, the surface being totally uninhabitable. The few remaining humans spend most of their lives in partially suspended animation, connected to a virtual world known only as the Mainframe. A mercenary in the Mainframe, you have just finished a lucrative job when the Oracle calls to you. The ancient machine implores you to defend it against an onslaught of hackers. If you fail, its sacred knowledge will be lost to the world forever.

The audio and visual style is a mix of 8-bit and 16-bit, meant to evoke the classic arcade games of the past. The game is relatively short, with only a single map, but is meant to be heavily replayed. See how many waves you can survive and how high a score you can get.

This was made for a game jam in somewhere under 48 hours, so please don't expect too much. I actually meant to post it earlier, but I got very busy with some other things and forgot about this completely. The standalone version contains a copy of GZDoom and a heavily cut-down Freedoom IWAD. The PWAD version will work with any Doom IWAD including Freedoom.

CyberShield Standalone
CyberShield PWAD
itch.io page

Oh, and you can actually play Doom with it. You'll need to warp to the first level, but after that it should work.
SuperSomariDX

Re: CyberShield [Finished tiny tc]

Post by SuperSomariDX »

Gotta say it, I tried this earlier today and I really like how frantic it got, though enemies did pour in quite quickly, and the small pink enemies are pretty hard to spot sometimes. Did you have any further plans on working on this per say to expand upon the idea?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”