D4D - Announcement in 1st post (Jan 4th 2017)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Viscra Maelstrom

Re: D4D - v1.01.5 HOTFIX (Sept 21st)

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

lock-on is definitely my favorite of the rocket mods here. not the most ammo efficient, sure, but it sure does put the hurt pretty well, and pretty cheap for a one-off purchase.
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

I have a problem with the Chaingun's special upgrade.
Spoiler:
I am missing something? I am playing on D4D v1.01.4, if this matters.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

I've got to say, one of the things I like most about your mods, DB, is that you make armor really feel useful. It feels a lot more rewarding to pick it up when it reduces damage by a lot, rather than a small percentage.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

-Ghost- wrote:I've got to say, one of the things I like most about your mods, DB, is that you make armor really feel useful. It feels a lot more rewarding to pick it up when it reduces damage by a lot, rather than a small percentage.
Armor in Doom 4 practically had a 100% damage absorption rate, compared to the original's 33/66. But then again, you get armor more easily in D4.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Not practically... but rather, does.

It's the same behavior in DOOM (2016), but with the classic armor values (small armor gives 100 armor points, large armor gives 200 armor points).
Frozenwolf150

Post by Frozenwolf150 »

With regards to the inverted mouse in the upgrade menu, does anyone know if it's possible to control the upgrade menu using the keyboard alone? The mouse issue isn't as bad as in other mods that require the mouse for their special menus (like Brutal Hexen RPG) since the one in D4D pauses the game. However, it would still be much easier to just use the keyboard for me.
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

Is there a cheat to summon a Chaingun with the Special upgrade? Something is preventing me from getting it the proper way, and cannot deduce any summon cheat from looking into the mods' file. (If anyone knows the cheat, put it into spoiler tag)
Doom 3 Doesnt Suck

Post by Doom 3 Doesnt Suck »

I just want to comment on how proud I am of how far this project has come. :)

I disappeared for a few months due to personal issues, but I have to say that being able to come back and find this mod as it is in its current state is a very pleasant surprise. Using this mod with DHTP and OBLIGE is pretty fun.

It also seems to work fairly well with the Brutal Doom Starter Pack megawad (but obviously not Brutal Doom itself). I kinda like that megawad because it seems to be one of the best remakes of the Doom story. I like this mod better than Brutal Doom; the new weapons are different, but similar enough to the originals to make things fun.

I haven't figured out how and where to use the Brofist, though. :(

Suggestion: Steal the glory kills from Brutal Doom! :lol:

Serious Suggestion: Enable autofire for the super shotgun.
Last edited by Doom 3 Doesnt Suck on Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brohnesorge
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Brohnesorge »

Doom 3 Doesnt Suck wrote:
Spoiler:
Doom 3 Doesnt Suck

Brohnesorge wrote:
Doom 3 Doesnt Suck wrote:
Spoiler:
Thanks! :twisted:

I'm a little surprised that they actually put my brofist suggestion into the mod... it's AWESOME!!

edit: This mod with Knee Deep in the Dead (episode 1) and DHTP makes it feel kinda like a new-ish game.
Last edited by Doom 3 Doesnt Suck on Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Kotaku challenged us. We answered first. :P

Anyway, sorry for silence lately. We've been busy. It's not much, but something.

shotfan

Post by shotfan »

Doom 3 Doesnt Suck wrote: Serious Suggestion: Enable autofire for the super shotgun.
Erm... what? Double Double Trouble Trouble already gives SSG very high rate of fire. And autoloading for a coach gun makes no sense... where is the magazine to load from?
However, I would not have anything against reworking the Burst mode of Combat Shotgun into the full-fledged semiautomatic fire. It would elevate the weapon's worth closer to the SSG.
Last edited by shotfan on Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doom 3 Doesnt Suck

shotfan wrote:
Doom 3 Doesnt Suck wrote: Serious Suggestion: Enable autofire for the super shotgun.
Erm... what? Double Double Trouble Trouble already gives SSG very high rate of fire. And autoloading for a coach gun makes no sense... where is the magazine to load from?
However, I would not have anything against reworking the Burst mode ofCombat Shotgun into the full-fledged semiautomatic fire. It would elevate the weapon's worth closer to the SSG.
I meant autofire in the sense that holding down the fire button would allow you to keep firing it continuously, instead of having to click the button repeatedly after waiting a few seconds each time.

Like in Doom 2. In that game, Doomguy takes the time to reload the SSG, but you can hold down the fire button and it keeps firing.

It distracts me a little when the mechanics have changed so dramatically for a weapon that is an obvious SSG replacement, at least in its default, unmodified form.

As for the pistol, I kinda get that it is supposed to be an unlimited ammo, sucky weapon that is slightly better than the fists.
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

No. You can stun lock a demon and kill it relatively easily with DDTT if you time all four shots into a perfect rhythm (primary primary secondary secondary with 0.3s delay in between each shot). Autofire is completely off the table and won't happen, as that'd be way too powerful. Sorry.

As for my BD:HOE-->D4D:HOE conversion project, it's on hold for the time being as things are cooking up here in D4D itself.
Fuzsion

Post by Fuzsion »

Hope that my suggestion about the ceiling and floor blood made it in! That's the only irk I have with this mod; which honestly says a lot if I have to get on that sort of small level of nit picking.
Last edited by Fuzsion on Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”