Led's Generic Weapon Mod (UPDATED! April 2 2023)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Echelon5

Re: Led's Generic Weapon Mod (Updated 24th July)

Post by Echelon5 »

Faaaantastic. :D
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Hey man, just a little thing i noticed:

The ammo box for machinegun is using a +COUNTITEM flag. Is it intentional?

Also, i had to play on ultra violence, since i rely a lot on both shotguns and ammo wasn't a problem to me. Then i played this with colorful hell... man, that's sure a challenge, i recommend you downloading latest version to play with this! :D
LedIris

Post by LedIris »

GAA1992 wrote:Hey man, just a little thing i noticed:
The ammo box for machinegun is using a +COUNTITEM flag. Is it intentional?
Oops... :oops: that's not intentional. Fixed :)
Also, i had to play on ultra violence, since i rely a lot on both shotguns and ammo wasn't a problem to me. Then i played this with colorful hell... man, that's sure a challenge, i recommend you downloading latest version to play with this! :D
I'll go ahead and try it out. I've played colorfull hell before, but not with this mod. :D
LedIris

Post by LedIris »

Updated!
-Removed the accidental +COUNTITEM flag from the ammo box
-The punch attack has less delay between player input -> punch
-Viewbobbing changes reverted
-New "insert shell" sounds for Shotgun
Echelon5

Re: Led's Generic Weapon Mod (Updated 24th July v2)

Post by Echelon5 »

Punch feels good, and nice new shell insert sound. The original is fine but this one has more oomph.
LedIris

Re: Led's Generic Weapon Mod (Updated 26th July)

Post by LedIris »

Updated! The rocket launcher now has a new alt-fire, which shoots grenades instead of rockets. I also brought back the TERRAIN lump that I accidentally removed from the previous update, and there are new explosion sounds for the Rocket Launcher + barrels that have less dead sound. Have fun! :)

Also, I'm probably not going to add new weapons to this mod as I kinda want to keep the arsenal simple. A grenade launcher was requested a few pages back so I added that in as an alt-fire, which I will probably add to other weapons such as the Plasma Rifle. apologies to Echelon5 as that means his cool 'Ghost in the Shell' style weapon won't be added. I'm uncertain on my standpoint with new weapons, but I will try to make the arsenal more diverse than usual by introducing alt-fires to some of the weapons.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

For the pistol, maybe some kind of silencer for the alt-fire? It'd be nice to have a quiet option for longer range, or maybe a silenced SMG of some sort.
pikio96

Post by pikio96 »

This mod is extremely well done! I love the rocket launcher's sprites, it looks great. Do you think you could do the vanilla skins for the shotgun and plasma rifle though? I like those myself. Every other weapon is fine.

Anyway, great mod! I love the screen flashes and the Beretta looks great. The rifle looks really nice too, it has a vanilla look to it.
Echelon5

Post by Echelon5 »

Yeah the rocket launcher sprites in both this and Faspons are a breath of fresh air. I loooove them.
LedIris

Post by LedIris »

-Ghost- wrote:For the pistol, maybe some kind of silencer for the alt-fire? It'd be nice to have a quiet option for longer range, or maybe a silenced SMG of some sort.
Nice idea for the pistol. I'll have to try and get some sprites for it, but once I have them, I can implement a silencer. It could encourage more pistol use. :wink:
pikio96 wrote:This mod is extremely well done! I love the rocket launcher's sprites, it looks great. Do you think you could do the vanilla skins for the shotgun and plasma rifle though? I like those myself. Every other weapon is fine.

Anyway, great mod! I love the screen flashes and the Beretta looks great. The rifle looks really nice too, it has a vanilla look to it.
Thanks! I'm glad you like. For the vanilla skins - I can get the vanilla plasma rifle added in, but as for the Shotgun, I'm not too sure on that. (They would conflict with the iron sight sprites) For now I've kept a decent mix between modern and vanilla. :wink: :D
pikio96

Post by pikio96 »

It's good to hear you may be able to get the Plasma Rifle in! As for the shotgun, I may have a solution for you.

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=33169

That thread was for a mod created around 3 years ago for Brutal Doom v19. I used to use it a long time ago and it contained the classic sprites of Doom weapons but with new features such as the iron sights for the classic shotgun. If you deem the sprites useless, well maybe you can just do the shotgun itself, I actually forget about the alt fires so I never use them.

Thanks for any consideration. Also I love the death animation. It fits extremely well in my opinion.

EDIT: I actually think the sprites I linked use the fingerless gloves seen in Brutal Doom and the grip is solid black as opposed to brown. If that makes things any harder for you just forget about it. One thing I really like about your mod is the use of the classic gloves so if changing the hands is difficult just don't bother.

EDIT 2: I was looking a a ton of shotgun sprites and I would love if you could use the old Weapons of Saturn sprites. I'm trying to get my hands on the old V1 of the mod so I can just change the sprites myself which I assume should work by renaming them and matching each frame with the newer shotgun sprites. Of course I honestly believe you could do a better job than my copy and pasting but I don't want to derail your mod progress with the shotgun request, but if you do happen to use the sprites mentioned earlier I would call this mod my absolute favorite weapons mod. ANYWAY I'm gonna keep using your mod regardless, keep it up!
LedIris

Post by LedIris »

pikio96 wrote:It's good to hear you may be able to get the Plasma Rifle in! As for the shotgun, I may have a solution for you.

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=33169

That thread was for a mod created around 3 years ago for Brutal Doom v19. I used to use it a long time ago and it contained the classic sprites of Doom weapons but with new features such as the iron sights for the classic shotgun. If you deem the sprites useless, well maybe you can just do the shotgun itself, I actually forget about the alt fires so I never use them.

Thanks for any consideration. Also I love the death animation. It fits extremely well in my opinion.

EDIT: I actually think the sprites I linked use the fingerless gloves seen in Brutal Doom and the grip is solid black as opposed to brown. If that makes things any harder for you just forget about it. One thing I really like about your mod is the use of the classic gloves so if changing the hands is difficult just don't bother.

EDIT 2: I was looking a a ton of shotgun sprites and I would love if you could use the old Weapons of Saturn sprites. I'm trying to get my hands on the old V1 of the mod so I can just change the sprites myself which I assume should work by renaming them and matching each frame with the newer shotgun sprites. Of course I honestly believe you could do a better job than my copy and pasting but I don't want to derail your mod progress with the shotgun request, but if you do happen to use the sprites mentioned earlier I would call this mod my absolute favorite weapons mod. ANYWAY I'm gonna keep using your mod regardless, keep it up!
Sorry for the late reply. I'm really happy that you enjoy the mod! I don't think I could use the fingerless Brutal Doom shotgun because I'm terrible with sprite editing, so I don't think I will be able to manage using it. :lol:
I have a slightly old version of Weapons of Saturn but it was modded by somebody else, so the sprites and sounds are different (and low quality :lol: )
I have sprites for the vanilla plasma rifle (reloading, firing, equipping, the lot ;) ) so I can add those in. Stay tuned for future updates! I'm a bit busy with my mapping project right now, so I probably won't be updating this for a while. :D
pikio96

Post by pikio96 »

Mapping you say? I can't wait to see what you cook up. Thanks to the mod reupload thread I was able to acquire the old mod

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1arne ... -19-13.zip

I looked through with Slade and the shotgun sprites are there! i'm gonna try my hand at it but it'd be cool if you could try to swap them yourself seeing how you're better versed at this stuff than I am.
LedIris

Post by LedIris »

pikio96 wrote:Mapping you say? I can't wait to see what you cook up. Thanks to the mod reupload thread I was able to acquire the old mod

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1arne ... -19-13.zip

I looked through with Slade and the shotgun sprites are there! i'm gonna try my hand at it but it'd be cool if you could try to swap them yourself seeing how you're better versed at this stuff than I am.
That's a really early version of Weapons of Saturn! Interesting. I'll go through it and see what I can do with the shotgun sprites ;)
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

I think I have a more up to date version of WoS if you need it.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”