Samsara - 0.3666 - World Tour

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Samsara - 0.333 - Décès à Trois

Post by Kinsie »

Could anybody who's having issues with Ranger's weapon recoil please post a video of it happening? I can't seem to reproduce it myself.
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

To be honest, while the SNES flamethrower works with the aesthetic more, it looks like a squirtgun to me. Although I guess in a way flamethrowers aren't all that different on base principle.
Medicris

Post by Medicris »

I'd only accept the SNES version if the HUD sprite matched, and it's not blue, so there's my answer.

You can't get the nailgun's recoil to mess up now, and now seemingly I can't either on Z& 2.1.2. No combination of samsara_cl_sinerecoil and samsara_cl_norecoil seems to provoke the previous behavior anymore. I know it was a thing in 0.31-beta on Z&, because everyone I knew experienced it.

That said, I think that only having Ammo 1 and 2 have gl lights is weird to see, as well as them being so large. I found that the pulse rate was miscalculated, the lights pulse twice as fast as intended. The pulse interval should be doubled so they sync with the BRIGHT frames (I think I was just working out the sizes and rates just before I forgot about them).

I'd either complete the ammo/pickup lights or comment em out before the next build.
Last edited by Medicris on Fri May 06, 2016 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowlink223
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro

Post by Shadowlink223 »

I prefer the mac sprite, the SNES one looks like a bad chaingun edit.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Mac/Jaguar sprite.
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

I play without mouselook and it's really annoying having to recenter my view after firing Quake weapons for a little while.

Quake never had real recoil; it was simply view punching. The aim is never affected
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Medicris wrote:That said, I think that only having Ammo 1 and 2 have gl lights is weird to see, as well as them being so large. I found that the pulse rate was miscalculated, the lights pulse twice as fast as intended. The pulse interval should be doubled so they sync with the BRIGHT frames (I think I was just working out the sizes and rates just before I forgot about them).

I'd either complete the ammo/pickup lights or comment em out before the next build.
Huh? All eight normal Doom ammo pickups have GL light definitions. I haven't checked the Raven ones yet.

I just shrank the ammo light definitions and changed their pulse rates as suggested, though. Thanks for that!
Nash

Post by Nash »

leileilol wrote: Quake never had real recoil; it was simply view punching. The aim is never affected
Problem is, ZDoom doesn't have any means to affect only the view and not the actor. This was what I was trying to discuss in this thread, and the problem you described is precisely why.
Kinsie

Re: Samsara - 0.32 - This Version's Kinda Grosse...

Post by Kinsie »

EnsaladaDeTomate wrote:Iirc, we added gldefs for both addon and vanilla classes in EX HA too. (Some might need a bit of polish btw)
I may have just done this for Duke (then redone a good chunk of it to be more graceful)

The GLDEFs bug has bitten.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

It doesn't really matter which sprite it is since no matter what you have your pickup appearance set to you only get the classic roman numeral pickups, at least in Zandronum, anyways.
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

Kinsie wrote:Could anybody who's having issues with Ranger's weapon recoil please post a video of it happening? I can't seem to reproduce it myself.
It was on an old version of Zan when I was playing MP, I remember specifically once I got the Super Nailgun and started using it, My camera started moving rapidly, steeply up and down the the point I couldn't even see where I was going and I had to turn recoil off. I dunno if it's been fixed now because I just remember the last Zandronum game with Samsara I played had this issue. I may try and record it again if I can reproduce it.
Kinsie wrote:I desire your feedback.

SNES for sure. ((Also, if possible: An option for the SNES First Person weapon sprites would be nice, Just saying.))
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Clownman wrote:It was on an old version of Zan when I was playing MP
I'm surprised I have to say this, but please only report bugs that occur with the currently released version using the latest version of GZDoom/Zandro 3.0.
Medicris

Post by Medicris »

Kinsie wrote:
Clownman wrote:It was on an old version of Zan when I was playing MP
I'm surprised I have to say this, but please only report bugs that occur with the currently released version using the latest version of GZDoom/Zandro 3.0.
Hey, in my defense, I just forced it off the minute it proved itself unplayable. If it got fixed on the way to 2.1.2, I wouldn't have known!

That and I haven't looked at Zandronum in a while, either. Its mod scene and the servers get players have both become really, really stagnant.

edit: boy howdy sleepy grammar
Last edited by Medicris on Fri May 06, 2016 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EnsaladaDeTomate

Post by EnsaladaDeTomate »

Kinsie wrote:Could anybody who's having issues with Ranger's weapon recoil please post a video of it happening? I can't seem to reproduce it myself.
If you go into any zandy server with v0.31, the issue will happen

It will not work offline btw
President People

Post by President People »

Medicris wrote:I'd only accept the SNES version if the HUD sprite matched, and it's not blue, so there's my answer.
My thoughts exactly. And funny story…
Clownman wrote:SNES for sure. ((Also, if possible: An option for the SNES First Person weapon sprites would be nice, Just saying.))
The HUD sprites currently used for both the Rocket Launcher and Flamethrower are the SNES sprites, believe it or not. Why they decided to make only the pickup blue, I'm not sure.

Last edited by President People on Fri May 06, 2016 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”