Samsara - 0.3666 - World Tour

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Samsara - 0.3666 - World Tour

Post by DoomRater »

Wasn't his weapon set acutely done in a ZDoom mod as well?
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Clownman wrote:Will Duke say "Bazinga"?

...I'm SO sorry.
Someone suggested that I include that audio clip in the files but not actually hook it up to anything, just to torment modders.

I never got around to it, though.
Zhs2 wrote:
Kinsie wrote:a logo
I only lament the lack of a smiley face
I'm leaving the development of a MIDI Maze player class to the fans who know it better than I do.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Honestly, the only character I really wanna see in Samsara is Caleb.

That being said, fixing the mountains and mountains of stupid code in Samsara should always come first.
BFG

Post by BFG »

I'd rather Duke's silly quotes about time travel from those playstation sequels than to see him quoting something from the 2010's popular culture.
SiFi270 wrote:Ox from PO'ed is the real hero we need..
Community is falling 3 had the weapons done. I wouldn't mind seeing him be the next hero.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

BFG wrote:I'd rather Duke's silly quotes about time travel from those playstation sequels than to see him quoting something from the 2010's popular culture.
I added a bunch of Time to Kill audio in previous releases. I also added a couple of lines from Land of the Babes, but most of those are mixed into big audio files that cover everything that happens in a single cutscene, so I can't really do much with those.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Out of curiosity, why is everyone freaking out over Duke Nukem saying Bazinga?
Silentdarkness12

Because Bazinga is a stupid meme.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

I thought it was a Big Bang Theory quote.
Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Zhs2 wrote:I only lament the lack of a smiley face
TheAdmantArchvile wrote:Missing something:
BFG wrote:hey why is it always the mainstream guys that yall want in Samsara? what about the Prime Target guy? or the Monster Manor guy :ugeek:
SiFi270 wrote:They can go eat a ham sandwich without any mustard for all I care. Ox from PO'ed is the real hero we need... but probably not the one we deserve.
I will not rest until the guy from Depth Dwellers gets into Samsara.

The exact same Adlib music track will be playing, at all times, in lieu of literally any other music track.
Silentdarkness12

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:I thought it was a Big Bang Theory quote.
It is. But it's become a meme of the stupidest sort since then.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Silentdarkness12 wrote:
JohnnyTheWolf wrote:I thought it was a Big Bang Theory quote.
It is. But it's become a meme of the stupidest sort since then.
It's older than that, though BBT popularized it.

Also I'm voting Cosmo (of Cosmic Adventure fame) for Samsara. We need a hero with plungers for hands.
Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

So, what, he just jumps on everyone?

I mean, I guess he had those timebombs as well...
edgymemester

Post by edgymemester »

0/10 audio quality is intact
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

I actually have a couple of serious suggestions now. The first is an option for Ranger to spawn with either a single-barrelled version of the nailgun that fires half as fast as the slot 4 version, or a blaster modeled after the ones the enforcers use but otherwise functionally identical to the Quake 2 blaster. The reason I'd like to see one of these is so I can play wads that expect you to use the bullets you collect long before a chaingun appears with the "slot 1 uses ammo" setting enabled. Epic 2 is a good example, because even if I play it with no mods, by the end of map02 I'm usually running low on ammo anyway, and having a bunch of nails I can't fire would bring me to that point a lot sooner. I'm sure many more examples could be named as well.

The second suggestion is more of a cosmetic one, namely to update the Bloody Hell settings so that Nashgore is closer to how it is in mods like Smooth Doom or DoomRLA's monster pack, with a wider variety of custom death animations and blood drops only making the "tap" sound when they land if a monster's been gibbed. In addition, I also thought the "Brutal" setting could be more like what you've done for MetaDoom.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

SiFi270 wrote:The second suggestion is more of a cosmetic one, namely to update the Bloody Hell settings so that Nashgore is closer to how it is in mods like Smooth Doom or DoomRLA's monster pack, with a wider variety of custom death animations and blood drops only making the "tap" sound when they land if a monster's been gibbed. In addition, I also thought the "Brutal" setting could be more like what you've done for MetaDoom.
There were plans during the Term Regime for a "Nightmare" gore setting that'd introduce various Mike12-authored custom death animations. I don't know what happened to that, but I suspect if any sprites for it were ever made they were used in Demonsteele.

I'm not going to move any of my custom gore stuff from MetaDoom over to Samsara, because my stuff relies on the very latest GZDoom features and I want to keep Zandro 3 compatibility.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”