Doom 64 'weapons only' wad by Nevander

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nevander

Re: Doom 64 'weapons only' wad by Nevander

Post by Nevander »

It's not set up to be absolute damage. Projectile damage is still multiplied by that random damage factor crap and since that's vanilla Doom behavior, I didn't want to make the damage absolute and then possibly mess up the game balance.
Legend

Post by Legend »

This is pretty. Some of the weapons ride a little high though and block a lot of the screen. It would be cool if it used classic glove sprites. Maybe as an alternative. The new weapons are pretty cool too.
YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YukiHerz »

Great update, not much of a fan of the gangsta uzi though, and the railgun screams for a scope.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Well it's true that the railgun would be better with a scope,but I and Nevander were trying to make the weapons more vanilla-like,so that means no secondary fire function.

But if you want you can try either asking Nevander for the railgun scope or you can do it yourself,tough the question now would be how should one tackle the appearance of the scope ? Of course it would need to look like something straight out of Doom 64.

As for the Uzi...well,it's from Aenima Doom 64 Unabsolved so you should ask him were he got the sprite and if there is a Uzi wielded the normal way of the same model sprite.

As for Legend questions,dude these are Doom 64 weapons sprites and are supposed to look like that,so if we changed the glove to the classic hand it would defeat the purpose of the mod isnt,also all sprites are from D64 except the 5 extra weapons,the size are exactly how they are supposed to be.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

I found a problem with the flamethrower,if you run out of ammo with it,it will play the firing sound continuously until you start shooting with it again,so i had to do IDFA to replenish myself so i can fire with it again to stop the sound.
Last edited by Freaklore1 on Sat May 21, 2016 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Crap. I'll get it fixed either today or tomorrow and re-up with the fix. I probably just need to throw in another StopSound or JumpIfNoAmmo somewhere.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Minor update!

Check here for latest download link

Changes in the 5/21/2016 version:
- Flamethrower infinite looping sound bug fixed
- Flamethrower first person sprite size adjusted
- BulletPuffs added to the Nailgun nail impacts into walls
- Nailgun nails will now stick into the wall instead of sticking on the very tip

As usual, please test and let me know of any other problems.
Last edited by Nevander on Sun May 29, 2016 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

So i changed the link for version 3 with the updated version and i changed the wad on moddb page with the updated one.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Say anyone know any maps wad based on Doom 64 that would go well with this weapon mod ? (except TC,Inocence X and Unabsolved)
Last edited by Freaklore1 on Fri May 27, 2016 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

I really like Requiem with it (not Doom 64 based but it fits the theme well), alongside a Doom 64 texture pack I use. Should I upload that too so others can use it?
durbdoogle

Post by durbdoogle »

Nevander wrote:I really like Requiem with it (not Doom 64 based but it fits the theme well), alongside a Doom 64 texture pack I use. Should I upload that too so others can use it?
Ooo, I like texture packs. Gives a subtle spin on familiar territory :)
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Sure go ahead,it would make the maps quite interesting.
Legend

Post by Legend »

A texture pack to go with this would be really cool. As far as I know, there is no D64 texture replacement pack available at the moment.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Hey Nevander,i think you should check every weapons for the 'no crushing damage' because even the shotgun (or maybe it was the super shotgun) got squashed by a door,so the Unmaker and the upgrades werent the only weapons with that problem.

So yeah might check every of those weapons.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

DAMMIT!

I don't know why they would do that though. They are still inheriting from the standard shotgun actor class, which means it should already not be gibbed. Weapons don't gib already, so they shouldn't be...

EDIT: Apparently even vanilla Doom weapons will be crushed... wow that's bad design. I will make all weapons and items non-gibbable in the next bugfix release. I'll try to do it tomorrow and also get that texture pack up.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”