Innocence X - v1.2 Now on Idgames

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
EffinghamHuffnagel

Re: Innocence X - NOW ON IDGAMES

Post by EffinghamHuffnagel »

_mental_ wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but it's impossible to exit red skull key room on MAP05 when playing on skill 0 or 1.
The door will never open because there is no mancubi to kill on those difficulties.
In fact, the script #3 responsible for this will exit after the first invocation for the same reason.
I think at least one mancubus needs to be present. As a quick and dirty fix I can type "puke 3" in console but anyway.

EDIT: Just noticed that on the same MAP05 red skull door can be opened without a key at all.

Also, on MAP06 one of the blue skull bar (rightmost while in game and leftmost on the map) can be raised without the corresponding key.
You're right about the door, but not about the answer. There's already one Manc in the room on the high platform. Summoning a second on skill 0 would be a bit much. If you notice, on skill 0 or 1 that door starts open. On higher difficulties, it starts closed. I'm thinking that means the door is not supposed to close on 0 or 1 at all. The problem is the W1 linedef on the upper platform that closes it. It shouldn't function on 0 or 1. I don't do UDMF, so I don't know if that's even possible. It would probably need to be scripted. You're right about the red skull door (which means you don't even need the red key) and the blue skull bar (which raises all three blue bars and means you don't need the blue key).
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

EffinghamHuffnagel wrote:You're right about the door, but not about the answer. There's already one Manc in the room on the high platform.
Nope, that mancubus has no TID set. The mentioned script #3 waits for zero count of mancubi with TID 15...
EffinghamHuffnagel wrote:If you notice, on skill 0 or 1 that door starts open. On higher difficulties, it starts closed.
... and on lower difficulties the door opens right from the beginning.
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Thanks for finding those glitches guys. Gonna update the files today.
EffinghamHuffnagel

Post by EffinghamHuffnagel »

_mental_ wrote:
EffinghamHuffnagel wrote:You're right about the door, but not about the answer. There's already one Manc in the room on the high platform.
Nope, that mancubus has no TID set. The mentioned script #3 waits for zero count of mancubi with TID 15...
EffinghamHuffnagel wrote:If you notice, on skill 0 or 1 that door starts open. On higher difficulties, it starts closed.
... and on lower difficulties the door opens right from the beginning.
Yes, I know that Manc has no TID set; he is always there. I'm saying that currently in that room on skill 0 the Player fights that Manc, plus an HK, plus Imps and Shotgunners. Bringing in a minimum of one additional Manc to satisfy script 3 might be too much to fight on skill 0 (but that would be the easiest fix for the problem). The purpose of script 3 is to open the closed door. If that door never closes in the first place, then script 3 can be ignored. That door is closed by the W1 linedef on the upper platform. If, in UDMF or with scripting, you can set the conditions of that linedef to not function on skill 0 or 1, then that door starts open and stays open; script 3 is unnecessary. If that linedef condition can't be specified in UDMF/scripting, then another method for keeping the door open without teleporting in an additional Manc should be found.

Changing that linedef to open a door in a voodoo doll closet with a scrolling floor; the voodoo doll scrolls down the closet and crosses a linedef which closes the red key room door. Have hanging blocking bodies spawn on skill 0 or 1 to block the voodoo doll. That's one way. Columns that spawn on either end of that door frame on skill 0 or 1 so that when the door tries to close, it can't, is another way.

I was assuming that the author intended that no additional Mancs appear on 0 or 1, but forgot about the CloseDoor linedef.
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Thanks Mental and EffinghamHuffnagel For finding the glitches.
I have uploaded the update to idgames and now waiting approval.

EDIT: mediafire link has been updated.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

jazzmaster9 wrote:Thanks Mental and EffinghamHuffnagel For finding the glitches.

Downloaded the updated version from mediafire. MAP05 still has red skull door bug :?
P.S. My nick is written with underscores and lower cased letters.
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

_mental_ wrote:
jazzmaster9 wrote:Thanks Mental and EffinghamHuffnagel For finding the glitches.

Downloaded the updated version from mediafire. MAP05 still has red skull door bug :?
P.S. My nick is written with underscores and lower cased letters.
are the mancubus still no showing up in the lower diffculties?
EDIT: caught that. Gonna fix that soon.
EDIT: Red Door bug fixed. Hopefully all of the glitches have finally been resolved and I can work on Innocence X 2. :D
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

idgames link has been updated.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Hey Jazzmaster,i wondered if it would be possible to make a wad of Innocence X without the Doom 64 weapons so i can use other weapons wad or even Nevander version of the D64 weapons since they feel better compared to the one you used for your wad.

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=51596
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Freaklore1 wrote:Hey Jazzmaster,i wondered if it would be possible to make a wad of Innocence X without the Doom 64 weapons so i can use other weapons wad or even Nevander version of the D64 weapons since they feel better compared to the one you used for your wad.

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=51596
It's possbile. just remove all the new weapons that are in the DECORATE lump. but you'll have to do that.
This was not made to be compatible with weapons mods.

Edit: Also there is c_weapons.wad in the zip file, if you just want vanilla behaviors for the weapons.
Edward Marlus

Re: Innocence X [Beta v.4]

Post by Edward Marlus »

jazzmaster9 wrote:
Endless123 wrote:That's a really good map set :D

I noticed something odd but only while testing my own mod with your map set. Could be on my end but on the map when all that green mist there is a building where the red key is sometimes the door at the entrence (right where those 2 barons are placed on both sides of the door) don't stay open and it can't be re-opened after it's closed.

There is another building on the next map when the door closes it doesn't re-open after all enemies in the room are killed.

I know the screeshot is dark but it's the room with the red key on top of a high pillar with the need to take a teleporter to get to the switch that lowers the pillar. As i said the door does not open forcing me to use the noclip cheat to get out of that place.

EDIT : Both problems also occures with mods using custom enemies like PMSX. As i said it could be just on my end be i thought you should know in case i'm not the only one having this problem.
I havent recieved any report of this happening in normal gameplay. The ACS code that controlls the "X monster is dead please open" are coded for vanilla monster (T_Mancubus, T_Baron etc) so mods that replaces monsters can encounter issues.
This mapset was not tested for gameplay mods.

But Ill look into it a bit more, but cant promise a definite fix if the issues is because of the mod and not the map.

Thanks for pointing those out :)
Randomly saw this and had to point this out to the person who made the mod, Endless123;

Monsters replacing Baron, Arachnotron and Mancubus need +BOSSDEATH or what Jazzy described fails to kick in. PSA over!
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Im just telling you that your weapons could need some improvements,Nevander made a much smoother D64 weapons mod.

Go compare your version of the D64 weapons with his version and you'll see what im talking about.

Exemples: the pistol firing animation is better,dynamic lights effects added to some of the weapons,etc.
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Freaklore1 wrote:Im just telling you that your weapons could need some improvements,Nevander made a much smoother D64 weapons mod.

Go compare your version of the D64 weapons with his version and you'll see what im talking about.

Exemples: the pistol firing animation is better,dynamic lights effects added to some of the weapons,etc.
I did try out his weapons mod, and it did not fit Innocence X.
I'm trying to make sure the weapons are close to vanilla as possible, in terms of animation. so no Smooth weapons or any dynamic GZDOOM lights.
jazzmaster9

Re: Innocence X - v1.2 Uploaded!

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Uploaded v1.2
- Changed the Final Boss' Behavior and made it less aggressive.
- Added a 'kinda' secret to Map 06.
- Aesthetic changes (mostly some fixes on misaligned textures).

You can get it now on the alternate mirror.
Idgames mirror is awaiting approval.
jazzmaster9

Re: Innocence X - v1.2 Now on Idgames

Post by jazzmaster9 »

The idgames mirror has been upated with v1.2

Return to “Levels”