CustomDoom v1.8.2 FINAL

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

Do you find the mod useful?

Hell yeah! I'm using it all the time!
45%
Yes. It is helpful for the most part.
42%
Meh. It's ok, but not that big of a deal.
6%
No. There are some things I don't like.
No votes
Hell no! I'd rather go to prison than use it!
No votes
I am not using this mod.
6%
Other. (Specify)
No votes

Total votes: 62

Accensus

Re: CustomDoom v1.6.1

Post by Accensus »

Yeah, it's like a swiss army knife at this point. :D

Thanks for the awesome feedback!
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

I do not know if this is really necessary but for people who like to play with energy + 500 with Ultra Violence or Nightmare should realize that in E1M8 map is necessary to die to pass the level, with high energy + little damage is hard to die even trying to suicide with the grenade launches, is there any possibility to get rid of it implementing a suicide command without resorting to the command console?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Dude, just type "kill" at the console. It's four letters.
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

alternatively:
bind k kill
no further console opening needed
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

wildweasel wrote:Dude, just type "kill" at the console. It's four letters.
It is! I'm not getting is because I have the habit of using command lines (I'm noob in this sense ), but I type of error.

i'm trying all combinations written together and separately but does not die.

anyway , thanks for trying to help me again, most users here are always willing to help each other as far as possible , give much value to this quality. :thumb:

comet1338

"bind k kill"
"no further console opening needed"

This problem, I have no idea how to do this. :shrug:

I have realized that I need to learn how to use command lines in GZDoom for when i have emergencies.

EDIT: Dude! It seems that now I got it, I was using a command line ' instead of " why was not getting, that was my error, now this is no longer a problem.

No more trouble sorry to everyone for the my noob inconvenience. <Living and learning>
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

I might add a "kill" button to the menu which kills the player cause not everyone is a console shaman (I know, it's easy, but still...). I have noticed the number of maps with death exit increases, for some reason. Of course, the newer ones also employ sector damage so you absolutely, positively have to die, but that's another story.

Waiting for the StaticText color fix to make it to a Dev Build so I can edit the description colors a bit and make the menu more pleasing to the eye. For now that's what's coming up in v1.6.2.

BTW, you don't need quotes if it's a single command.

Examples:
Commands that don't need quotes: kill; kill monsters; give all; summon doomimp.
Commands that need quotes: alias name "summon doomimp".
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

Thank's Lud ! I'm training commands in console.
From what I saw is unnecessary to add a kill button as there are few noobs like me in this matter, if a large majority need the Kill Button is another story.
Thanks again for teaching me. :D
Accensus

Re: CustomDoom v1.6.2

Post by Accensus »

Updated to v1.6.2. As mentioned, added menu colors and kill button. The colors are subject to discussion. More precisely, the description colors. I picked dark-blue because it fits the logo and is harder to confuse with the section separator, which is light-blue. Also does not make the menu too colourful, which would achieve a negative effect.

You need the newest development build for this version!

I will remove the requirement text next to the download link when the additions make it to a stable build.

EDIT: I've updated the version and added a bindable key to the controls menu. Please redownload again if you have downloaded before this edit. :)
Last edited by Accensus on Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

Kill Button too? You are truly amazing to heed the needs of users. :D :thumb: :D :cheers:
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

What can I say, I aim to please. :P I love all the feedback I'm getting, even if negative, and adjust accordingly. As a soon-to-be student programmer, reading the feedback and improving the product is a very important part in any sort of development. It also recharges my motivation, to some extent. :)
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

You can count on me to test the mod looking for bugs or improvements, I will gladly help.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Ideas for improvements are always welcome and greatly appreciated. Bugs would be harder to find since I've removed most (if not all) of them. I don't think you'll encounter any.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

It's ok! It's ok! I can help I will try. :D
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

I've corrected the dev build information. You MUST have the newest dev build for v1.6.2 and any future updates after that one, until a stable release is out. As mentioned, I will remove the dev requirement text when that happens. I know it's inconvenient, but it's the only way to keep the mod going forward. v1.6.1 has everything you need, with the exception of the newer, minor changes, in case you don't want to DL a dev build.
sweety80

Post by sweety80 »

Thanks to the a fun mod.
I am a person other countries. Please want me to understand.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”