LegenDoom [2.8.3] - LDL [4.2]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
FireSeraphim

Re: LegenDoom [1.4]

Post by FireSeraphim »

@Yholl: I been meaning to getting around to suggesting a few modifiers for the legendary weapons and I like what's there already but I hope you don't mind me suggesting a few more
  • Courageous modifier:
    • While you're at full health, your weapons do twice as much damage
      (this modifier is sort of a Legend of Zelda reference)
      (I would say most of the weapons would be ideal for this)
  • Chain Lighting modifier
    • Kinda oblivious but basically causes damage to jump from
      enemy to enemy
      (Ideally it would be applied to the plasma rifle and bfg9000)
Arctangent

Post by Arctangent »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:well, the active sound comes from them, but the sound is perceived directly by the player, rather than it being heard from where the monster is positioned, isn't it? and it's the same with the laughter sound?
There's nothing that strange with those sounds. They're just played without allowing them to fade with distance.

Basically, they're played as 0D sounds, instead of 3D sounds.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

FireSeraphim wrote:Courageous
Yeah, sounds like a good one I haven't got yet, I'll write it down. I'll probably give it a different name though.
FireSeraphim wrote:Chain Lighting
Chain Lightning is kinda difficult to do, I'll pass on that.
FireSeraphim wrote:Kinda oblivious
heeeeh
Arctangent wrote:Basically, they're played as 0D sounds, instead of 3D sounds.
nyet
Arctangent

Post by Arctangent »

Yholl wrote:nyet
I wasn't talking about the laughter, since I have no idea if it's given that treatment, I'm just talking about a boss's active and death sounds.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

There could be also a legendary weapon that has a "curse" effect as well. Basically any monsters that are hit with "cursed" weapons will be attacked by it's fellow monsters.

Kinda like the curse spell on Wrath of Cronos.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

well, whatever the treatment the sound of boss enemies are given, that particular behavior is what pre-determines a boss-enemy usually, isn't it?
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

Yholl wrote:No, it comes from them. I'm not sure why you would think that.
Probably because at some point bosses used to have global sounds in Doom (IIRC).
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

It still is, any sounds coming from bosses (minus the things they fire or summon if they can) will be played at higher volume and you can hear their death and see rattles no matter where you are. On the laugh sound, it's probably played in the same way too.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

The Sight sound, is the sound when a monster sees you. For a boss, this is played at full volume throughout the map.
The Active sound, is the sound of a monster's idle noise, like a growl. That's what the Active sound is. It is never played at full volume.
The Death sound is like Sight, played at full volume for bosses.

The laughter of Legendary bosses, and all other sounds associated with Legendarification, are not played at full volume throughout the map.

I know you are thinking of sight when you say active, but when you use the exact term for a different thing, I am very very confused.

I'mma go to sleep now ok bai
Viscra Maelstrom

oh christ, i'm an idiot. :| i was referring to the sight sound, yes. i guess i messed up the word "active" with "activated." sorry for that bundle of hassle.
Viscra Maelstrom

woops. if you hold down the fire-button when using the Triple Threat BFG, subsequent shots will not be in spread, but instead just fire a single ball.
Arctangent

Post by Arctangent »

Yholl wrote:stuff
i blame viscra okay
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

Yholl by any chance will you be adding some new enemy types or something between the lines? dunno maybe from a chaingunner/sargent it will morph into something else or they will apear as normal and flip the switch when they go into active mode :P
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

Mav3rick wrote:Yholl by any chance will you be adding some new enemy types or something between the lines? dunno maybe from a chaingunner/sargent it will morph into something else or they will apear as normal and flip the switch when they go into active mode :P
2 words for ya
Weapon Mod
Viscra Maelstrom

yeah, this is designed so you can play it with any monster mod possible, since it's compatible with pretty much everything.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”