[HUD]Fallout 3's HUD for Doom.

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ZioMcCall

[HUD]Fallout 3's HUD for Doom.

Post by ZioMcCall »

Months ago i become a great fan of Fallout series,for this i tried to recreat the hud of this game for Doom and various mods.
There are two changes from original hud:
-Under the HP Bar there is the count of the keys,in replaces of the compass and of the enemies indicator.
-The shield bar(SH) take the place of the PA bar.

The hud is divided in four versions:
-The hud compatible with normal Doom(Or with simple mods that have the "ammo2" ammunition item)
-The hud compatible with Brutal Doom v20(which add the grenade count under the hp)
-The hud compatible with Project Brutality(which add the grenade count and the mines count under the hp)
-The hud compatible with Wild Weasel's NAZIS!(which add the nazi grenades count under the hp)

Each of this compatible versions,have four variants that change the colour:
-Green(Fallout 3's hud default colour)
-Orange(Fallout New Vegas hud default colour)
-Light Blue
-Red

For a good quality,is advisable to set the full screen and set the screen risolution at 800x400.

Screenshots!
Spoiler:
Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/be07u ... +3+HuD.zip

CREDITS!!!!!
-Retrogamerita,who made the grapichs
(RetrogamerIta's youtube channel)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmoTzn ... ju3MxlmGPQ
-Me(Naturaly)for made the Sbarinfo
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Re: [HUD]Fallout 3's HUD for Doom.

Post by Vostyok »

I haven't had a chance to download yet, but how friendly is your hud with different resolutions/aspect ratios?
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Very clean & simple. But I must see how it works with different resolutions, as Vostyok said too.
For example, I can only play with 1024x768 one, so I'll stick to that forever. I'll give some more feedbacks later then.
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

This mod isn't friendly at all with 1920x1080 - while I'm sure a lot of effort has gone into making this; there is still a lot of work to be done. The hud is barely visible on 1920x1080 as it is cut off at the bottom, hiding the ammo counter.
doony

Post by doony »

awesome, I love hud mods, they really change the ambient in the game
this one reminds me the AEons of death hud, its very good
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

Mikk- wrote:This mod isn't friendly at all with 1920x1080 - while I'm sure a lot of effort has gone into making this; there is still a lot of work to be done. The hud is barely visible on 1920x1080 as it is cut off at the bottom, hiding the ammo counter.
These huds works only on the 800x600 resolution,but i will try to make them friendly with all the resolutions.
LolwellunTeapot

Post by LolwellunTeapot »

It would be very fitting for Doom Rougelike Arsenal. Are you OK with making compatibility for DoomRLA?
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

LolwellunTeapot wrote:It would be very fitting for Doom Rougelike Arsenal. Are you OK with making compatibility for DoomRLA?
I never tried DoomRLA but i'll give a look :)
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

not sure why DRLA would need a custom hud when it's already got its own, perfectly functional HUD with it...
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Nice work so far, but you should probably use the actual Fallout 3 HUD font instead of a generic sans-serif.
EnderTheKnight

Post by EnderTheKnight »

Im having some trouble with the mod itself,and i am using ZDoom,and with the resolution i have "1152x864",the only things i get from the hud,is that the only thing i see is the "HP" cut in half in the bottom close to the middle,and i played a crap ton of Fallout 4 recently,and obviously,i wanted to feel something from Fallout. :?:
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

EnderTheKnight wrote:Im having some trouble with the mod itself,and i am using ZDoom,and with the resolution i have "1152x864",the only things i get from the hud,is that the only thing i see is the "HP" cut in half in the bottom close to the middle,and i played a crap ton of Fallout 4 recently,and obviously,i wanted to feel something from Fallout. :?:
You must set the resolution at "860X480". Don't worry,i'll try to fix it soon.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

that's a pretty low resolution to run the game in, when most monitors nowadays have about 2.5x the width and height.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:that's a pretty low resolution to run the game in, when most monitors nowadays have about 2.5x the width and height.
Well Doom have been played for decades at low res because it was low res to begin with and the arrival of HD monitors didn't magically turn Doom into a HD game. There is a few features in gzdoom you can use to both have this HUD displayed and have your fave resolution enabled and i'm sure you know what i'm talking about so please don't b**** this mod because of low res. Peace :)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Endless123 wrote:
Viscra Maelstrom wrote:that's a pretty low resolution to run the game in, when most monitors nowadays have about 2.5x the width and height.
Well Doom have been played for decades at low res because it was low res to begin with and the arrival of HD monitors didn't magically turn Doom into a HD game. There is a few features in gzdoom you can use to both have this HUD displayed and have your fave resolution enabled and i'm sure you know what i'm talking about so please don't b**** this mod because of low res. Peace :)
I'd argue that it should be up to HUD authors to allow their work to look good at any possible screen settings.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”