[Add-On] DoomKrakken's Monster Randomizer (V4) FINALLY.

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DoomKrakken

[Add-On] DoomKrakken's Monster Randomizer (On Hold)

Post by DoomKrakken »

I am fully aware of the fact that it needs to be updated. Right now, I'm working on a personal Stronghold: On The Edge Of Chaos patch that will make all the custom monsters compatible. Lots of those monsters are included in the Monster Pack, so I'm updating them in Stronghold first, so that way I have some of the randomizer's monsters done and I have something personal completed. I'll also have practiced the new copy-pasta methods I'm learning.

The only problem is... there's a megaton of monsters to work on. Since the code is now even more complicated, each individual monster will need its own DECORATE file. So it'll be a long while before I can turn anything out.

What you guys can do while you wait is recompile any changes you might want implemented into a list, and if I want to do any of those changes, I can remember to do so while I'm redoing the code. :)

P.S.: I may need to get a GitHub for this.
DoomKrakken

Re: [Add-On] DoomKrakken's Monster Randomizer (V3.5)

Post by DoomKrakken »

News bump!

V1 and V2 monsters have been updated.

I just cleared the biggest hurtle in my monster pack. Namely, successfully updating all the V2 monsters to the new code, since that one had a long-ass list of monsters to do. What helped was that most of the V1/V2 monsters were in Stronghold: On The Edge Of Chaos, and were therefore in my personal Stronghold patch.

Expect a download sometime soon. There aren't so many monsters to do in V3/V4, so I think it should be done soon. However, there are a couple even newer monsters I wanted to work on that I was hoping to get released here too. I also wanted to experiment with Dynamic lights and what not with all the monsters. I'm a bit on the clock because I had also promised Spicy Waffle that my monster pack would be complete in a few days, so I may not have time to implement the even newer monsters and/or dynamic lights.

We'll see what happens. Pray for the best. :D

- DoomKrakken

P.S.: I decided not to waste time with the Heretic/Hexen monsters, so I removed them all from the spawners, by commenting out all their code. For those of you who know how to mod and wish to play using Heretic/Hexen monsters in the monster pack, you can feel free to simply uncomment all the names that were commented out. I'm not going to bother making a mutator for that right now.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

Do you have any version without error in Kamikaze Zombie?
In the latest version I downloaded 3.5 says an error on Kamikaze Zombie.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I'm aware of the bug. This next version will have remedied that issue. The Kamikaze Zombie will be there, it's just that I had coded something wrong.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

OK! I wait for the new version.
DoomKrakken

Re: [Add-On] DoomKrakken's Monster Randomizer (V4) FINALLY.

Post by DoomKrakken »

FINALLY!!!!! IT'S HERE!!!!

Download is in the OP.

Warning: Bestiary information is now obsolete. I wanted to upload the monster pack before doing the bestiary, as that takes the longest time to update. I will let you guys know when that's done.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

I'll check today . :D
durbdoogle

Post by durbdoogle »

Cool, new update! Haven't given it a spin yet but was the Kamikaze zombie error fixed? Also anyone try this with DoomRL or LegendDoom? I think it would go well for when you don't want to get too indepth with DoomRPG. Just lots of monsters and some gun variety. Thanks for your work DK :)
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

You're welcome!

Yes, the Kamikaze zombie bug was fixed. I said it'd be fixed by the next update.

You guys might want to hold off on further downloads for now. I'm gonna update this pack again to fix some bugs I discovered.
user5124

Post by user5124 »

This is really fun - guncaster feels too easy without (even on UV/nightmare), but it's not just the difficulty that I like, it's how strange and interesting all the enemies seem. There are deadly threats that I don't even understand (ghosts, strange homing bombs, enemies that seem to come back to life, etc)

Nice job.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

My thoughts exactly. :D

Thank you. :)
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

Do not have the original monsters Heretic but have it edited monsters, it was cool.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I removed the monsters from Heretic and Hexen, as most of them were too tall for where they spawned. I didn't bother scaling them down or rearranging spawn locations, so I just removed them. I'll figure that part out eventually.

A new update is available. I just fixed some aesthetics and errors. I highly recommend redownloading both the base and the Guncaster patch now.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

I'll download now
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

More minor updates to come. I will notify each time.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”