[MOD] Final NeoDoom

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
doomguy88

Re: [MOD] Final NeoDoom

Post by doomguy88 »

Essa música é familiar
Failure

Post by Failure »

Wow didn't know you were working on another mod till now!

Anyway, you have no idea on how much I apreciate your new work.

Also, do you have a list of the songs used in your wad?
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

A little late for this (bump), but... rly nice job, Daniel! Specially the "house" maps, thy were just awesome! And nice musics as well, as always!

(BTW, and I thinking that my 'robber zombies' would be new XD)
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Too bad that Daniel vanished a few weeks after delivering his final piece of work. I was in contact with him for a while, but it seems now that he is flying under the radar. :(
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I'm around... but not with enough time as before, neither the desire to play games anymore.

About the music, there is a list of the soundtrack from this and other wads here: http://musica.ufma.br/dlemos
It also has the MUS soundtrack made for older wads.

Seems that people are enjoying it, about 6,500 downloads in Mod Database... http://www.moddb.com/mods/final-neodoom.

Also, I read Doomguy2000's review. I liked. Very honest. Congratulations.
(obs: I've read it here: http://doomguy2000.boards.net/thread/93/final-neodoom).
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Hello!

Just to inform a great update to Final NeoDoom, with better compatibility with multiplayer game and other additions - specially that the file is about 200 MB smaller:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/final-neodoo ... neodoom-14

Cheers!
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

What a nice way to start a day! Welcome back Daniel.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Hello dear jdredalert! Thaks for the welcome, hope everything is doing right :cheers:
Zenon
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Zenon »

Pleasant returns, Daniel!
It seems my computer stops me from extracting or looking at the readme file in the zip, any idea why that may be?
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Hi Zenon!

Probably it's due to the ZIP compression method - it's LZMA, compressed through 7-zip. SLADE doesn't open the PK3, but (L/G)ZDoom does read it. I suggest you to use 7-zip too.
Logan MTM

Post by Logan MTM »

Welcome back!
PyroHeisenberg
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by PyroHeisenberg »

Daniel wrote:Hello!

Just to inform a great update to Final NeoDoom, with better compatibility with multiplayer game and other additions - specially that the file is about 200 MB smaller:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/final-neodoo ... neodoom-14

Cheers!
I was playing Final NeoDoom and now my long time friend returns from the ashes?!

Welcome back, now I'm restarting this gameplay...! :mrgreen:

PS:
Spoiler:
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

Another Daniel wad for my Daniel wads collection! :D

(BTW, come back in fb! People needs you! D: )
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Hi! Very good to see all of you back in action again!!!
Ravick wrote:Another Daniel wad for my Daniel wads collection! :D
(BTW, come back in fb! People needs you! D: )
kkkk alright! I'm looking forward to go back...
PyroHeisenberg wrote:
PS:
Spoiler:
PS 2:
Spoiler:
:lol:
Talon1024

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Talon1024 »

Back in the day, the original NeoDoom was one of the first ZDoom mods I ever played.

I was really impressed by the fact that it was possible to add new weapons and monsters to the game, and I didn't know how it was actually done, since I thought every Doom mod back in the day was made with DEHACKED.

The soundtrack in the original NeoDoom really made it stand out among most other Doom mods, and it made NeoDoom feel like a very high quality, action-packed gaming experience.

I also really liked the fact that you could build up your health and armor up to 300, and carry around invulnerability powerups (immortality chalice).

As for Final NeoDoom, it feels like a step up and a step down from the original in terms of overall quality.

Some of the monsters are really annoying, like the swarms of mini caco monsters, snipers, ghosts, and heavy machinegun zombies.

I feel like the music in Final NeoDoom doesn't fit the gameplay as well as the music in the original NeoDoom did. For example, the music tracks on MAP07 "Remembrance", MAP10 "Manquant", and MAP11 "Reviver" feel very "chill" compared to the metal/rock music in the original NeoDoom.

I didn't enjoy the gameplay on maps like MAP08 and MAP09. Lots of monsters in crowded spaces, not knowing whether or not you'll be running headlong into a missile if you run backwards, and Archies in places where there's so little cover. At least I found a good strategy to take on arch-viles, which is to use the biotoxin cannon alt-fire against them.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”