[WIP] Classic Arcade!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
eyesoftheworld94

Re: [WIP] Classic Arcade!

Post by eyesoftheworld94 »

This is extremely cool!
ibm5155

Post by ibm5155 »

Nice idea, the weapon wiggle could be done (use some sin or cos acs).
I think there's no way to bright the map when the player fires, but,at least, you can use dynamic lights when the player is firing ;P
Still a nice job, with more changes and it can looks like a 100% doom clone
EDIT: Graf, what about a shader filter that emulates crt? so that arcade monitor is going insane D:
The Zombie Killer

Post by The Zombie Killer »

Heh, there's still interest in this thing? Maybe I'll work on it again soon.
As for the weapon bob, I was actually planning to add that in by replicating the actual code from the Doom source. Doomero was working on an arcade machine too, and it had weapon bob. It looked really cool. I have no idea what became of it though, the YouTube video has disappeared.
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

The Zombie Killer wrote:Heh, there's still interest in this thing? Maybe I'll work on it again soon.
As for the weapon bob, I was actually planning to add that in by replicating the actual code from the Doom source. Doomero was working on an arcade machine too, and it had weapon bob. It looked really cool. I have no idea what became of it though, the YouTube video has disappeared.
Yes, i still have that mod, the weapons bob is a mix of decorate and acs, the marine when is walking call a script and this script give an inventory to the weapon actor and this make the weapon bob.
Trusty McLegit

Post by Trusty McLegit »

Just to confirm, yes there is still interest in this thing! :D
BFG

Post by BFG »

suggestion: please make a new SS Nazi instead of using the one in Doom 2, the original acted a little different, had idle sprites and different sounds. The american voice and Doom chaingun sound takes you out of the Wolf mood.
enderkevin13

Post by enderkevin13 »

Just found this, and it looks impressive!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”