Faspons [JULY 20 2023] - Now Monster Pack Compatible!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Baconator

Re: Faspons [REL: MAY 08 / DEV: MAY 26]

Post by Baconator »

Cheeki wrote:Overall I think this mod is absolutely excellent, the only thing I take issue with is the fast projectiles being just a little too fast. A lot of the time if an imp or something gets close to you in a dark room you just end up taking all the fireballs to the face because you don't really have time to get out of the way. If they were just a little slower it would make the closest dodgeable distance small enough to not be a problem on most maps. Also, I can't tell if the slide kick has any sort of flinch chance or stun, but I think adding something along those lines would definitely make it more useful.
Personally I think you should play Faspons jumping and crouching enabled.
Purists may want to burn me alive but the faster action demands better control scheme.
So next time imp surprises you, just crouch...

And yes, the slide kick seems wonky to me too.
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

God damn, I am back.
Cheeki wrote:Overall I think this mod is absolutely excellent, the only thing I take issue with is the fast projectiles being just a little too fast. A lot of the time if an imp or something gets close to you in a dark room you just end up taking all the fireballs to the face because you don't really have time to get out of the way. If they were just a little slower it would make the closest dodgeable distance small enough to not be a problem on most maps. Also, I can't tell if the slide kick has any sort of flinch chance or stun, but I think adding something along those lines would definitely make it more useful.
Hey, thanks for the review! There is an option to tone down the projectile speed right now in the options to the vanilla speed but I might take a look at the speeds currently and see if I can tweak them. Been on break for quite a while with life.
Baconator wrote:Any news for the followers?
Could you list all new dance moves? You disabled cheats on hardest difficulty so relaxful observation is out of question.:P

I still suggest making this mod modular- weapons, monsters and gore(that would be very popular :thumb: ).
But I understand if you want this to be complete package.
I MIGHT get rid of the disabled cheats because I feel like some people would just like to play without restrictions.

I will start listing out the new dance moves as time goes on :wink: Right now, it has been hectic trying to get organized at home so I will be picking Faspons back up and start modding the new UA difficulty more and more.
Baconator wrote:
Purists may want to burn me alive but the faster action demands better control scheme.

Yeah, the slide currently ticks a kick attack every frame when sliding (10 ticks in total) but I need to work out some of the kinks. I've been going back to what I have right now and seeing what I missed or needs tweaked with my hiatus.

Currently, DEV and REL are now the same and updated to July 3rd. I basically did a major merge from DEV to REL and fixed a few bugs here and there.
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Faspons [REL: JUL 03 / DEV: JUL 03]

Post by Wivicer »

That weapon cycling bug is still in the download. You've got a few different weapons assigned to multiple slots. Like the fist is assigned to slot 0 AND slot 1 at the same time.
faslrn

Re: Faspons [REL: JUL 03 / DEV: JUL 03]

Post by faslrn »

Wivicer wrote:That weapon cycling bug is still in the download. You've got a few different weapons assigned to multiple slots. Like the fist is assigned to slot 0 AND slot 1 at the same time.
Resolved. So what I had done back in the past is assign the knuckles, riotgun, and double barrel to separate slots because people (including myself) prefer to have weapons all individual keys, but this broke the next/prev weapon binding. So now, the slots have been removed and I used "use x" instead.

Thanks for pointing this out.
patrik

Re: Faspons [REL: JUL 04 / DEV: JUL 04]

Post by patrik »

So, back into modding mood? ;)

I think something must got altered in grenade throwing code, because it doesnt work correctly with OldRifle and SingleReloadRPG addons anymore. I mean, it still plays throwing animation and deducts one grenade from inventory, but it doesnt throw anything.
Got one GFX suggestion for you - could you borrow bullet puffs from Xaser´s Argent mod? I think they look very slick but still minimalist enough to not stick out from LoFi aesthetics of Faspons.
And about that new difficulty "Ultimate Agitation", does it affect anything at this moment? Because I couldnt spot difference.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

I dont understand....the latest changelog is still set to May? I thought there was a new release?
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

Skrell wrote:I dont understand....the latest changelog is still set to May? I thought there was a new release?
There is but there are issues with GitLab/Hub with updating the changelog files. It basically prevents me from merging the branches so I am trying to find a different way of doing it so it doesn't cause merge problems.
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Wivicer »

patrik wrote: And about that new difficulty "Ultimate Agitation", does it affect anything at this moment? Because I couldnt spot difference.

You haven't noticed zombiemen and shotgun guys dodgerolling out of the way?
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

I have a few suggestions:

1. Add a toggle option to disable weapon tracers.
2. Add in the option for SSG gibs for enemies (like in smooth doom) and/or increasing the distance in which lower tier enemies can be blown in half (so that it can happen at a further distance)
3. What about adding an option to toggle between two different chaingun fire modes so that one resembles the vanilla fire rate more?

EDIT: Check the deselect animations for the shotgun; you will find something wrong with the frames that causes a visual glitch when selecting other weapons.
Last edited by Neccronixis on Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
patrik

Post by patrik »

Wivicer wrote:
patrik wrote: And about that new difficulty "Ultimate Agitation", does it affect anything at this moment? Because I couldnt spot difference.

Heh, now when you say that, I propably must have blown them out faster than I could notice. :lol:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
faslrn, I found out where problem with OldRifle and SingleReloadRPG addons lied. It was caused by your renaming of grenade. And I found out berserker kick attack was broken in them too. I decided to fix those glitches and I also adjusted other things to make them look and feel more consistent with changes in other weapons. So, if you are interested here they are: :wink:
Old Combat Rifle
Single Reload for RPG
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

Wivicer wrote:

They currently only dodge on pain state but I will be changing this!
Neccronixis wrote:I have a few suggestions:

1. Add a toggle option to disable weapon tracers.
2. Add in the option for SSG gibs for enemies (like in smooth doom) and/or increasing the distance in which lower tier enemies can be blown in half (so that it can happen at a further distance)
3. What about adding an option to toggle between two different chaingun fire modes so that one resembles the vanilla fire rate more?

EDIT: Check the deselect animations for the shotgun; you will find something wrong with the frames that causes a visual glitch when selecting other weapons.
patrik wrote:
Wivicer wrote:
I can add an option for the tracers. I'll throw the setting together.

I'll look into the SSG gibbing. Shouldn't be too hard :)

So basically a minigun vs chaingun setting. I'll see if I can balance out a chaingun.

Heh, now when you say that, I propably must have blown them out faster than I could notice. :lol:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
faslrn, I found out where problem with OldRifle and SingleReloadRPG addons lied. It was caused by your renaming of grenade. And I found out berserker kick attack was broken in them too. I decided to fix those glitches and I also adjusted other things to make them look and feel more consistent with changes in other weapons. So, if you are interested here they are: :wink:
Old Combat Rifle
Single Reload for RPG
Thanks boss :D Sorry I haven't gotten around to fixing it quicker!
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

Baconator wrote:

Okay, finally figured this out: was an issue with how I changed the casing issue awhile back and forgot to set the horizon spawn height to 0. Fixed.

I've been ironing out a few other bugs. Once done, I'll start working on Ultimate Agitation again.

EDIT: Also added a new option to fade out the gore. So if you still want it but don't want it bogging down the system after awhile of slaying monsters, you can enable "Fade" in the mod options menu for gore! I'll be pushing this along with some other changes out soon to DEV. I'm trying to optimize the gore right now however, so in larger, open arenas with tons of fighting and blood that it won't slow down the system as much. Anything I can do to reduce the load is fine by me.
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

I re-did the chainsaw and rocket launcher sprites which I was going to use in my own version; but since you are constantly updating the mod, I'll give them to you if you are interested in using them:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vir6l ... prites.pk3
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

Neccronixis wrote:I re-did the chainsaw and rocket launcher sprites which I was going to use in my own version; but since you are constantly updating the mod, I'll give them to you if you are interested in using them:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vir6l ... prites.pk3
These look awesome! The yellow on the chainsaw is actually quite nice and the RPG is super clean compared to what I have now. I think I have a few additional frames I would need to create to fully replace all the sprites, need to double check.

Were you planning on changing any other weapon sprites?
Echelon5

Post by Echelon5 »

Those look great, please use those!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”