[Release] Megabounce+ r09 (28/08/2022) - AKA Bouncy Doom

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
The Zombie Killer

Re: [RELEASE] Doom: Megabounce r03 - Now large maps are boun

Post by The Zombie Killer »

Just looked at the ACS, and I thought I'd give you a little tip.

If you want to use 5120 as a fixed point number, just add ".0" on the end, rather than using the value multiplied by 65536, it looks much nicer.

Code: Select all

#include "zcommon.acs"
#library "boing"

Script "BounceIt" OPEN
{
	while (true)
	{
		if (GetCVar("sv_megabounce_dampenshake"))
			SpawnForced("Bounce_VFXDampened", 0, 0, 0, 0, 0);
		else
			SpawnForced("Bounce_VFX", 0, 0, 0, 0, 0);
		for (int xCount = -6; xCount < 7; xCount++)
		{
			for(int yCount = -6; yCount < 7; yCount++)
				SpawnForced("Bounce_Radius", 5120.0 * xCount, 5120.0 * yCount, 0, 0, 0);
		}

GiveActorInventory(20028, "Bounce_Item", 1);

if(GetCVar("sv_megabounce_norandomdelays"))
			Delay(30);
		else
			Delay(Random(24, 34));
	}
}
Beed28

Re: [RELEASE] Doom: Megabounce r03 - Now large maps are boun

Post by Beed28 »

Didn't realise that, the wiki tripped me up a bit there. I'll fix that for the next version, if there will be a next version. Cheers!
Beed28

Re: [RELEASE] Doom: Megabounce r05 - AKA Bouncy Doom

Post by Beed28 »

Hi! After a long while, I released a new update of this silly mod.

Some more details are on the OP. Have fun!

CHANGELOG:
Spoiler:
DOWNLOAD r05: https://www.sendspace.com/file/2orxd2
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

I cannto get this to work for the life of me..... Is there something I have to type into the console first? I read your changelog and it says "k" has a settings menu.... But nothing happens when I press it.

I have tried this in Zdoom, GzDoom, and the dev version of GZ doom. Nothing.

What a I doing wrong?
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

Are you loading it correctly? If you go into the controls menu, do you see Megabounce at the bottom of the list?
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

Beed28 wrote:Are you loading it correctly? If you go into the controls menu, do you see Megabounce at the bottom of the list?
I don't know how I couldn't.... I am dragging and dropping the wad into gzdoom. Anyways, no. There is no "megabounce" option at the bottom of the list.

Also do you think you could include a readme? I see in your changelog that said you have included one, however there is nothing but a unzipped wad file.

*edit* downloaded link from your first post and it worked. Still would like a readme file though.

Anyways, now I can finally see what this is about first hand. Thanks
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

Glad you solved your problem in the end. :D The download link in the update post was was the same as the one in the first post, so I dunno what went wrong there. :P
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

Beed28 wrote:Glad you solved your problem in the end. :D The download link in the update post was was the same as the one in the first post, so I dunno what went wrong there. :P

Well the original file I downloaded was 24 KB and was not giving me any error messages in regular GZdoom or Zoom. After re-downloading the one on your first post, the file size is now 13.8 KB. And it gives me an error message in GZdoom. (Non Dev build.)

Anyways, this is certainly interesting and funny. Imps keep trying to shoot me with fireballs and I am jumping over them like Im Mario. :lol:
Rexen
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 Home
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Rexen »

I was thinking about adding an option for key cards not to bounce as they can fall down into pits and stuff and might make the map unbeatable.
cmw1986

Post by cmw1986 »

Very sorry to bump this, but I just think this is a really cool mod and a great addition to my amusement park level!. This will be great for a Bump 'N Jump ride where players can battle enemies while bouncing 'n pouncing all over the place.

Good job Beedy! :thumb:
Beed28

Re: [RELEASE] Megabounce+ r06 - AKA Bouncy Doom

Post by Beed28 »

Apologies to bump this, but, a brand new version has been released! The whole thing has been rewritten to work under ZScript, and thus, I'm renaming the mod to "Megabounce+". Please note that this new version has separate CVars from the older versions, as some of the CVars has had some changes done to them.

Check the OP for a download link! ...or if you're too lazy, click here instead.

Changes:
Spoiler:
Beed28

Re: [RELEASE] Megabounce+ r07 - AKA Bouncy Doom

Post by Beed28 »

New version is up, some bug fixes and tweaks here and there, as well as making the jump button a whole lot more fun.

Click me!

Changes:
Spoiler:
Beed28

Re: [Release] Megabounce+ r08 (31/12/2019) - AKA Bouncy Doom

Post by Beed28 »

Been quite a while, but a brand new version is out! Several new features, as well as quality of life, have been added, such as presets and the air control option being completely reworked to no longer utilise the vanilla "sv_aircontrol" CVar, allowing it to now be saved whenever the game is closed.

Probably the biggest addition is the ability for the map to use its own bounciness settings, generated from the map's checksum in particular. Some maps might not bounce as much, while other may prove to be a very bouncy ride throughout.
(note if you want to see what settings the map will provide, set the console value 'sv_megabounceplus_debug_mapsettings' to 1 and the settings will pop up in the console upon starting the map (but not when loading a save game))

Download link

CHANGELOG:
Spoiler:
Setnakt

Post by Setnakt »

Yeah none of the downloads for this work as of 1/31/21. All of the PK3 files have been converted to useless php files. Well except for the last user entry, which uses a scam website and is utterly useless.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Setnakt wrote:Yeah none of the downloads for this work as of 1/31/21. All of the PK3 files have been converted to useless php files. Well except for the last user entry, which uses a scam website and is utterly useless.
The post directly above yours worked for me.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”