HD Addons-Silent_Darkness(Updated June 20, 2016)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

What skin should I use for a Thunderbuster sprite replacement?(REALM667 weapons)

Poll ended at Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:21 pm

ElectroGun
8%
Freeze Rifle
17%
Nuclear Missile Launcher(Honestly, you can't tell it's a rpg..)
8%
Plasma Beam
33%
UAC Plasmatic Rifle
25%
Channeler
8%

Total votes: 12

Silentdarkness12

HD Addons-Silent_Darkness(Updated June 20, 2016)

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Greetings, ye fellow Doomers. I've been doing a decent amount of addon creation for Hideous Destructor as of late, making many addons to go with Hideous Destructor. And now I shall share them with you : O

Asbestos(DISCONTINUED)

This addon adds an extra function to the melee, allowing you to put yourself out a bit quicker by switching to the melee and hitting the alternate reload key.

Clarification edit: When you're on fire, I mean : P

I made this because I quite often end up getting lit on fire by that mage imp I just killed, who threw a fireball at me down a narrow corridor just before dying, and I can't put the fire out in time.

EDIT: I have discontinued this mod. I just can't get the bugs out of it. If someone wants to do so, then feel free. But not only do I not want to touch it again, it's rendered moot by the Blue Potion Extinguisher, a far more balanced alternative.

Monster Pack

This addon will throw in new monsters to the game, usually Realm667 monsters modified and refitted to fit Hideous Destructor's unforgiving style of gameplay. I will take recommendations, but I don't want to put in more monsters just because it'd be cool. It needs to benefit the enemy roster as a whole.
Spoiler:
Changelog:
Spoiler:
To Do:
Spoiler:
Credits:

Hideous Destructor by Vaecrius
Brimstone Imp: "Agaures" by Dreadopp, ID Software, Sandypaper, Midway, Blizzard and Eriance.
Ghastly: "Ethereal Soul" by Neoworm, Ghastly Dragon, Sandypaper, ID Software and Vader.
Split Soul: "Phantasm" by MagicWizard, ID Software and Midway Software

Same info is in the CREDITS file in the pk3.

DarkHud(DISCONTINUED)

This is a HUD made by me for Hideous Destructor. I am no artist, but I feel somewhat happy with what I have here. Definitely would not say no to some artistical assistance. The only thing I used for this mod was a piece of free art resource that I left in the credits. I forget what it was off the top of my head, but it's in the credits lump.

This HUD is far more featured than the simplistic default HUD. It even comes with a bleeding indicator, removing most of the mystery from HD's mechanics for those who didn't read the manual. This HUD is presuming that you have the game resolution set to 1440x900.
Spoiler:
CREDITS:
-Rawdanitsu from OpenGameArt.org, for the "Simple Hud GUI constraction kit in 8 colors." that
I used to form the basic graphics. Definitely would not have been able to get as far as I
did without it. :D

Changelog:
V1-Initial Release

To-Do:
-
NOTE: This is also discontinued because it was getting too far off the rails and far too ugly. Thankfully, I have already made a replacement HUD that I think looks far less ugly.

DarkHud Reborn V4
This is a remaking of the DarkHud into something more Doom-styled, that I think is far less ugly than the old version was. It still retains a lot of the features that the original did.

Ancient, extremely inaccurate screenshots:
Spoiler:
Notice: The HUD currently only works on 1440x900 resolution. Sorry. I can't figure out how to get this thing to scale to other resolutions. And since nobody wants to actually TELL ME HOW, this is all I can manage. If you want to help me get this thing on smaller resolutions, then tell me how to scale to resolution, or do it for me.

GIMME: https://www.mediafire.com/?digccqepm6femn3

Lost Soul Revives: HD Edition

I retrofitted a mutator so that lost souls revive enemies.

Sigh.

HD Lockdefs
This addon adds custom lockdef messages that make the locked door messages make a bit more sense, lore-wise.

Blue Potion Extinguishers
This addon lets you put yourself out if you're on fire by drinking one of those there blue potions.

Actual Sniper Rifle
This replaces the marksman rifle sprites in HD with the Realm667 Sniper Rifle.

Colt 45 Pistol
Replaces the old Doom Pistol with the Colt 45 handgun.

Hellstorm Bronto
Replaces the GRAPHICS frankenspriting that is the Brontornis Cannon sprite with the Hellstorm Cannon.

HD XDeath Pack

Adds in XDeaths and chainsaw gibbing to the Pinky Demon, the Revenant, the Mancubus, the Hell Prince, the Hell Knave and the Cacodemon.

Credits:
Spoiler:
Bugs:
Spoiler:
GIMME
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ggza58 ... tor_Addons

Half-Loot

Someone insisted on me making this, so here it is. 50% less loot items from everything, in the very unlikely offchance you found Hideous Destructor too forgiving on ammo.....somehow.....urgh.

Have a bad time here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wgg6x ... tAddon.wad

NOTE: As of July 30th, 2015, the old DarkHud and the Colt Pistol addons are no longer part of the Combo Pack. The Colt Pistol was removed because there was no way to make it fit well without a rewrite. The old Darkhud will never get reintegration, and the Colt Pistol may eventually be given a patch to work with DarkHud.
Last edited by Silentdarkness12 on Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:05 am, edited 25 times in total.
Abba Zabba

Re: Hideous Destructor Addons by Silent_Darkness

Post by Abba Zabba »

Would you say Hideous Destructor ranks #2 in most sub mods? I'm not quite sure.

Anyways, this looks pretty neat, I'll take a peek.
Silentdarkness12

Lava Grunt wrote:Would you say Hideous Destructor ranks #2 in most sub mods? I'm not quite sure.

Anyways, this looks pretty neat, I'll take a peek.
1. Samsara
2. Demonsteele
3. Buurtul dum
4. Hideous Destructor

It is pretty close, though.

Btw, I know there are a couple of bugs. The Asbestos addon seems a bit wonky for me. Idk. Also, the larger Brimstone Imps are bigger than their hitboxes. Idk what to do about that.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Really? Samsara and Demonsteele have more submods individually than Brutal? That just doesn't add up...but HD being 4th most, I can see.

Not to be a stickler for in game logic but, what exactly is the asbestos? Like him pulling out a standard UAC fire blanket and using it? Or like a straight up clump of asbestos he just happens to carry around for good luck?

Regarding future monsters...I always liked the concept of giving lost souls variants. One, for example, could make a considerable (yet still small) explosion when killed, similar to how a pain elemental has decent splash damage when it dies. (normal lost soul death splash is pretty much equivalent to a hellish firecracker and doesn't do a whole lot.)

Can the brimstone imp immolate you at the moment?
Silentdarkness12

Lava Grunt wrote:Really? Samsara and Demonsteele have more submods individually than Brutal? That just doesn't add up...but HD being 4th most, I can see.

Not to be a stickler for in game logic but, what exactly is the asbestos? Like him pulling out a standard UAC fire blanket and using it? Or like a straight up clump of asbestos he just happens to carry around for good luck?

Regarding future monsters...I always liked the concept of giving lost souls variants. One, for example, could make a considerable (yet still small) explosion when killed, similar to how a pain elemental has decent splash damage when it dies. (normal lost soul death splash is pretty much equivalent to a hellish firecracker and doesn't do a whole lot.)

Can the brimstone imp immolate you at the moment?
1. Well, that was just me listing favorite mods. : P

2. Haha, it's not actually asbestos. Just a mod name I came up with. It's him basically trying to smother the flames and put em out with his hands/whatever abstracted thing he can find at a moment's notice.

3. Hmmm. I could do that. Actually, I have two ideas now regarding Lost Soul variants. The thing you mentioned, and making a variant of Lost Soul that splits into smaller lost souls upon death.

4. Yep!
Raziel236

Post by Raziel236 »

The radius and height settings in decorate determines hitboxes.
Silentdarkness12

Raziel236 wrote:The radius and height settings in decorate determines hitboxes.
Okay....how would I make this work alongside A_SetScale is the real question, though.
Raziel236

Post by Raziel236 »

Don't use A_SetScale, instead just put

Actor Blah Blah 11111
{

Scale 1.25 or whatever it is.

So a radius and height setting of 1.25 the original imp will work.
Silentdarkness12

Raziel236 wrote:Don't use A_SetScale, instead just put

Actor Blah Blah 11111
{

Scale 1.25 or whatever it is.

So a radius and height setting of 1.25 the original imp will work.
Thing is, I want to do what Vaecrius did, using A_SetScale to put some random size variation into the imps.
Raziel236

Post by Raziel236 »

I guess it's just multiple actors all with different scales(and hitboxes) with a chance of spawning.
Silentdarkness12

Raziel236 wrote:I guess it's just multiple actors all with different scales(and hitboxes) with a chance of spawning.
Nein.

Code: Select all

spawn:
		TNT1 A 0
		TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIfInventory("Clip",1,3)
		TNT1 A 0 A_SetScale(frandom(0.9,1.05))
		TNT1 A 0 A_GiveInventory("Clip",1)
		TROO AAABBCCCDD 8 A_Look
		TROO A 0 A_SetAngle(angle+random(-4,4))
		TROO A 1 A_SetTics(random(1,3))
		TNT1 A 0 A_Jump(216,2)
		TNT1 A 0 A_PlaySound("imp/active")
		TROO A 0 A_CheckFlag("ambush",1,"spawn")
		TROO A 0 A_Jump(32,"spawn2")
		loop
This is for one actor, DrunkImp, from Hideous Destructor itself.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Silentdarkness12 wrote:Thing is, I want to do what Vaecrius did, using A_SetScale to put some random size variation into the imps.
I'd like to have a way to change the hitbox size too - right now the only variation is in sprite size.
Silentdarkness12

Vaecrius wrote:
Silentdarkness12 wrote:Thing is, I want to do what Vaecrius did, using A_SetScale to put some random size variation into the imps.
I'd like to have a way to change the hitbox size too - right now the only variation is in sprite size.
Ah.....hm. Have you put in a suggestion thread on that yet, Vaecrius?
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by phantombeta »

Such a thing has been suggested several times, and most times it has been [WFDS]'ed or [No]'ed.
Why? Because apparently the modder can get things stuck. (Which they already can. :v)
This feature would actually be pretty easy to code.
Silentdarkness12

phantombeta wrote:Such a thing has been suggested several times, and most times it has been [WFDS]'ed or [No]'ed.
Why? Because apparently the modder can get things stuck. (Which they already can. :v)
This feature would actually be pretty easy to code.
Hence why I asked. It doesn't seem like it'd be too hard. Also, a way to check if there's x amount of space for a spawn of that scale would be neat, to reduce the chances of the actor getting stuck.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”