Wad In Progress

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
XanderK9
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Wad In Progress

Post by XanderK9 »

Starman64 wrote:I was in a shortage of time
How was there a shortage of time? It's not like there was a deadline to upload a mod, after all.
thonglover
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by thonglover »

Hm..kinda of a bad start.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

thonglover wrote:Hm..kinda of a bad start.
Would you mind elaborating?
thonglover

Post by thonglover »

The way he started this post, Not the right place to ask for ideas and he has no evidence (or images) proving hes making a wad and plus i'm surprised he didn't get a instant ban the moment you saw this post.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

I don't insta-ban people for that. I like to give people a fair chance, because as a lot of people have proven over the years, it's entirely possible to just miss the rule threads and not know what's going on. I really feel like punishing people like that is the wrong way to get people to learn how our community works. I'm a bit sad that people feel that certain users should be permanently booted from the community just for one misstep.
thonglover

Post by thonglover »

wildweasel wrote:I don't insta-ban people for that. I like to give people a fair chance, because as a lot of people have proven over the years, it's entirely possible to just miss the rule threads and not know what's going on. I really feel like punishing people like that is the wrong way to get people to learn how our community works. I'm a bit sad that people feel that certain users should be permanently booted from the community just for one misstep.
Well sorry about that, I just honestly don't like it when post things like this and i can understand giving people 2nd chances :) i just wish that some people read the forum rules before they post.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Hmm... well what if for new users it be made a requirement to visit the rules thread and post that you understand them or click some sort of box to say that you read them before you can post anywhere else? That way, there isn't an excuse to have not read the rules prior to posting. Even if they simply skip over it and don't really read it, still they were told they'd need to have read them and understood them.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

If you can find a phpbb mod that does that, feel free to submit it to Randi.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

I understand thonglover's and wildweasel's point here, any maybe sometimes veteran users lack a little bit of patience with newbies here. Though I have to admit that this thread is the perfect example for the lack of social skills and network etiquette that is simply not acceptable for me. This kind of behaviour isn't tolerated in real-life, so why should it be tolerated here?

Starman64 didn't read the rules nor for the forum in general, neither for the projects area (which are hinted in red and bold, underlined at the very top), for me this isn't a unhappy mistake but simply a "I don't care"-attitude.

Nevertheless, I still think that this is just a fake troll, I can't believe there are people which are that limited...

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”