OSJC's- doom3_guns.wad remix - now with 'the artifact'!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Endless123

Re: OSJC's- doom3_guns.wad remix - now with monstas!

Post by Endless123 »

osjclatchford wrote:not sure how you did this I tried a I cant bloody get this working...
6 simple steps

1 - open the doom3_guns.wad with Slade
2 - open the decorate file
3 - look for any Doom numbers and get rid of them
4 - reassign all actors using the replace method(actor SOSOSO : SOSO Replaces SOSO instead of actor SOSOSO : Weapon 2002)
5 - once all actors have been replaced with the method above save the file
6 - do the same for doom3_fix.pk3

Simple isn't it? :P
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

oh wait I got it! i found some odd actors called 'thingyies' these are the problem.
not only you are right, endless123, -ghost- was bloody right too! the creator of the original mod created a bunch of null items that shared the spawn ids in order to restrict ammo... odd indeed...
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

osjclatchford wrote:oh wait I got it! i found some odd actors called 'thingyies' these are the problem.
not only you are right, endless123, -ghost- was bloody right too! the creator of the original mod created a bunch of null items that shared the spawn ids in order to restrict ammo... odd indeed...
Well they wasn't entirely the problem since many other items, weapons and ammo shared the same id so just removing the thingy won't help much since there is still lots of stuff sharing same id of rockets and cells. The way to get rid of that bug once for all is to get rid of the Doom numbers(id) and do a manual replace (as i mentioned in the pm)
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

Endless123 wrote:Well they wasn't entirely the problem since many other items, weapons and ammo shared the same id so just removing the thingy won't help much since there is still lots of stuff sharing same id of rockets and cells. The way to get rid of that bug once for all is to get rid of the Doom numbers(id) and do a manual replace (as i mentioned in the pm)
yeah I'm sure that's the proper way to do it (you've more proven yourself knowledgeable on the subject) but I also changed the ammo definitions abit too and its working ok now so I think it'll be it.

latest version: https://www.mediafire.com/?stqjaregvfrw6if or see front page

also I should mention that the ammos had some strange thing where they dissapeared after 1024tics so I changed them to -1 and they seem fine...
I guess... :?

now I must say an enourmous thankyou to endless123 for his patience and help on this mess of a project and also a thanks to -ghost- for likewise help and inspiration to implement the monstas!
well i figure if more errors occur i can do your thing but I'm too bloody lazy and to be frank bloody sick of looking at the code of this mod now! LOL I just want to go play it. I'll see you all later!
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Glad I was able to help! Just tried out the new version and everything seems to be working well, the ammo pickups seem like more reasonable amounts too, since I think 4 shells was like 12 or something crazy before, now it's just 4 like normal.

If I find more bugs do you want more to keep posting them here, or just let it lie for now?
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

Please feel free to post them. If they are big enough or or theres a lot of them maybe I'll fix and update! Lols have fun...
jimbob

Re: OSJC cant leave it alone - doom3_guns.wad remix

Post by jimbob »

Endless123 wrote:There is a simplest way to make it works

Simply use the zdoom launcher, add all .wad files and type this in the extra command line section : -file "osjc_zdoom.pk3" "doom3_fix.pk3"

In short it will looks like this :
*picture of launcher*
And if played with btsx just add the wad in the wad section and it will work fine.

My only complains are the HUD icons are a bit too big and the dropped ammo are also a bit big. However it's not spoiling the fun and i really enjoy it anyway. Good mod :D
A bit off topic but what launcher is that? ZDoom launcher 1.05? Where do find that thing?
Endless123

Re: OSJC cant leave it alone - doom3_guns.wad remix

Post by Endless123 »

jimbob wrote:
Endless123 wrote:There is a simplest way to make it works

Simply use the zdoom launcher, add all .wad files and type this in the extra command line section : -file "osjc_zdoom.pk3" "doom3_fix.pk3"

In short it will looks like this :
*picture of launcher*
And if played with btsx just add the wad in the wad section and it will work fine.

My only complains are the HUD icons are a bit too big and the dropped ammo are also a bit big. However it's not spoiling the fun and i really enjoy it anyway. Good mod :D
A bit off topic but what launcher is that? ZDoom launcher 1.05? Where do find that thing?
many versions exists but i prefer 1.05 since it's fairly stable and easy to use. Here is the topic for more info on zdl

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=32596

remember, it's not because a more recent version exist that this will work better than the old ones. choose the one that fits your needs
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

latest version: https://www.mediafire.com/?stqjaregvfrw6if - just a couple of fixes;

bfg ammo looks different (so as not to confuse with the classic bulk-cell) and doesn't not disappear after 1024 tics, zombie ammo and weapon drops are back to the better randomizers that dont just drop everytime (I was getting snowed under in pistol/smg ammo) dont fret the, machinegun still can be nabbed from the smg zombies and its still on the ssg spawner but theres more chance of an ssg than a smg to spawn. oh and shotgun ammo boxes are back in but have 12 not 20 shells also rocket box ammo is back in but is now a pile of 3 rockets as opposed to the rocket box of five... plus plasma and bfg ammo have cheapo software brightmaps :wink: all makes more sense to me as far as visuals/balance works but further alpha testing may yield further edits as necessary... enjoy
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

I don't know if this'll help or not, but Doom RIsing (http://www.moddb.com/games/doom/addons/ ... ssic-patch) uses the Doom 3 weapons as well and has all the ammo pickups and such if you want to use those or take a look at its code for ideas.

The new version is playing pretty well, though I think it might help if bullet boxes gave you a little pistol/MG ammo as well as chaingun rounds. Sometimes you'll find a bunch of boxes but no chaingun so you end up running low on bullets if it's not a zombie heavy map. I think the rocket launcher could be a little more responsive while shooting as well, since it has a delay on it right now. Lastly I think I'm picking up ammo even if I've hit the ammo cap, it's most easily noticeable with the chaingun.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

Well I put the classic ammo back in as felt it was nicer to be honest. There are new ammo sprites in doom_guns.was but I did not like them. As for the ammo, the max capacity thing is not a real prob but could be fixed later. Pistol ammo is staying as it is. As mentioned on the trailblazer thread; randomizers can cause issues but other weapons are usually available. If not consider it a challenge...

*EDIT*
another fix is up for grabs on the frontpage : adds bullethole decals to machinegun, fixed the plasmagun (was using too much ammo per shot) increased ammo give to plasmacells (seemed a little tight on ammo on most mapsets...)
*END*
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Would you be able to add support in for your science zombies addon as well? That'd fit well with the Doom 3 weapons since D3 has civ zombies too.
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Zanieon »

OH... MY... GOD... :woh:

This wad still exists? I thought i would never find it again, this is what i used as a base resource to start Doom Reinforced, my very first mod.
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

-Ghost- wrote:Would you be able to add support in for your science zombies addon as well? That'd fit well with the Doom 3 weapons since D3 has civ zombies too.
just for you, scalliano zombie support is now in the pack. :wink:
simply add -file scizombies_d3.pk3 to the end of your command line. less ammo abut now but meh, its not bad :D

go get some: https://www.mediafire.com/?stqjaregvfrw6if - or see front page.

I've also been playing on saturnX and found I've had to tweak the performance of a few things. the bfg was fucking useless for me so I sped things up a bit and took it upon myself to sex up the visuals too with some smoke and particles. also done some similar visuals on the plasma (never liked those lo-res looking plasmaballs) also sped up the rockets as I was constantly missing everything I aimed at :evil: much better now imho. also fixed the occasional gib you'd get on wounded low-health enemies with the smg (looked mad!)
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Thanks for adding that in! This is really shaping up to be a pretty cool Doom 3 mod. I haven't noticed any other bugs so far, but I'll let you know if I find them. The only thing I can think of would be stuff like Doom 3 style sprites for items, but that's a stylistic thing more than function. Is it intentional that weapon reloads alert enemies? I reloaded my shotgun on Doom Map 02 and alerted everyone. :P

Return to “Gameplay Mods”