HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R15 (1 Apr 2024)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: HXRTC Project v4.1 (UPDATED 18 september 2016)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hi there again Doomguys, it's turn for another release of the H-Project, v4.1 this time. There are some significant changes respect from previous version 4.0, released just a few days ago, and being aware of the f****** annoying bug/glitch that happened when you used some special actions at the level exit, causing the disappearance of all the weapons on entering next map (and the impossibility to recover them), I've decided to make a turning point, to put hands on work and change some things that have been present on many previous mod releases. This also implies some important changes when you play with the mod from now. It is possible that some of the introduced changes are not be liked by everyone, but basically I think it's the best solution for now. Sorry for any possible inconvenience, I hope sincerely this does not mean you stop playing but keep enjoying as you have been doing so far. :winker:

Once said this, I'm gonna detail you with the awaited changelog in this new release. But not all is going to be bad, of course not! So this one includes the following changes:

- Most special actions (ACS-based keys) have been replaced or merged with some already existent features: the Kicking action has been integrated into the fists/bare hands weapon mode (formerly known as Double Knuckles) in a similar way like in initial versions of HXRTC Pack Project; so with primary fire you use your fists and secondary fire makes you use your stomping foot on enemies, things or any surface. Taunting action is somehow still present, but instead of lowering your current weapon and showing your middle finger to anyone, you make only the speech action (similar to Skulltag/Zandronum standard Taunt button) while keeping your weapon ready. Hand Grenades and Land Mines are now slotted weapons, so for using them you have to change to their corresponding slot (now they are located in Slot 0, so some special Monster Weapons have been moved from their old slot, more info about it can be checked on Help Screen).
- As said before, Double Knuckles weapon mode has been renamed, now it is known as Punch & Kick. (Thinking about a better name actually, if possible!)
- Included extra taunts in Taunting action mode, now the player is able to laughing hard (randomly) instead of only say 'Fuck you' to his opponents. The taunting SFX have also been edited for creating a more 'first-person' convincing effect.
- Now Hand Grenade and Land Mine weapons have a respective, new secondary fire mode. The grenades now can be thrown closer or farther, depending which fire key is pressed; the mines now can be layered directly on the floor or thrown at short-medium distance. The maximum amount ammo for both weapons has also been increased a little, so you can carry a bit more of them with you.
- Increased the kickback for all the player's weapons; now their fired projectiles will push back the enemies at longer distance, making them also a bit more slippery (done this to mitigate the now missing direct-kicking action, so your foes won't surround you so easily).
- A new horde of pretty despicable enemies have joined forces with the evil hellish spawns: the Renegade Marines. This group of soldiers, fed up and tired of the ostensible tyranny of the UAC Headquarters, have mutinied against the corporation and decided to attack anyone who opposes them, including YOU. Don't bother trying to talk and/or negotiate with them; their intentions are enough clear and they'll not attend reasons from anybody. So when you're lurking out there and find one or more of them, don't hesitate for a moment and open fire, unless you want to get converted into mincemeat. Be aware: they are almost as strong as you, also they almost have the same weapons and skills as you. There's not much more information about them at the moment, but it's said that a whole big horde of powerful monsters have already been squashed by only a couple of this renegades... :o
- The nazi units are not spawned anymore on standard maps/levels/wads as regular enemies, 'cause they have been replaced by the Renegade Marines. They'll keep spawning on Wolfenstein based levels, though (depending which map is played, of course).
- Fixed a bug related with player's Rage Points: now it's not possible anymore to keep gathering Rage Points on player's pain state if the Maximum Rage Bonus Time powerup is still active.
- Some new background sounds, specially for computerized tech pillars and holding-heart columns.
- The HUD has been updated to maintain compatibility with new weapons and actions, and now it shows in a new inventory slot the picked up Computer Map (or Mega Computer Map) you obtain in a level. :wink:
- Other several tweaks and bugfixes.

Well, that's all more or less for now... I wish you keep enjoying and dooming as usual! :thumb:

Have a nice doomsday, everyone... ;)
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

Hexereticdoom wrote:Hi there again Doomguys, it's turn for another release of the H-Project, v4.1 this time. There are some significant changes respect from previous version 4.0, released just a few days ago, and being aware of the f****** annoying bug/glitch that happened when you used some special actions at the level exit, causing the disappearance of all the weapons on entering next map (and the impossibility to recover them), I've decided to make a turning point, to put hands on work and change some things that have been present on many previous mod releases. This also implies some important changes when you play with the mod from now. It is possible that some of the introduced changes are not be liked by everyone, but basically I think it's the best solution for now. Sorry for any possible inconvenience, I hope sincerely this does not mean you stop playing but keep enjoying as you have been doing so far. :winker:

Once said this, I'm gonna detail you with the awaited changelog in this new release. But not all is going to be bad, of course not! So this one includes the following changes:

- Most special actions (ACS-based keys) have been replaced or merged with some already existent features: the Kicking action has been integrated into the fists/bare hands weapon mode (formerly known as Double Knuckles) in a similar way like in initial versions of HXRTC Pack Project; so with primary fire you use your fists and secondary fire makes you use your stomping foot on enemies, things or any surface. Taunting action is somehow still present, but instead of lowering your current weapon and showing your middle finger to anyone, you make only the speech action (similar to Skulltag/Zandronum standard Taunt button) while keeping your weapon ready. Hand Grenades and Land Mines are now slotted weapons, so for using them you have to change to their corresponding slot (now they are located in Slot 0, so some special Monster Weapons have been moved from their old slot, more info about it can be checked on Help Screen).
- As said before, Double Knuckles weapon mode has been renamed, now it is known as Punch & Kick. (Thinking about a better name actually, if possible!)
- Included extra taunts in Taunting action mode, now the player is able to laughing hard (randomly) instead of only say 'Fuck you' to his opponents. The taunting SFX have also been edited for creating a more 'first-person' convincing effect.
- Now Hand Grenade and Land Mine weapons have a respective, new secondary fire mode. The grenades now can be thrown closer or farther, depending which fire key is pressed; the mines now can be layered directly on the floor or thrown at short-medium distance. The maximum amount ammo for both weapons has also been increased a little, so you can carry a bit more of them with you.
- Increased the kickback for all the player's weapons; now their fired projectiles will push back the enemies at longer distance, making them also a bit more slippery (done this to mitigate the now missing direct-kicking action, so your foes won't surround you so easily).
- A new horde of pretty despicable enemies have joined forces with the evil hellish spawns: the Renegade Marines. This group of soldiers, fed up and tired of the ostensible tyranny of the UAC Headquarters, have mutinied against the corporation and decided to attack anyone who opposes them, including YOU. Don't bother trying to talk and/or negotiate with them; their intentions are enough clear and they'll not attend reasons from anybody. So when you're lurking out there and find one or more of them, don't hesitate for a moment and open fire, unless you want to get converted into mincemeat. Be aware: they are almost as strong as you, also they almost have the same weapons and skills as you. There's not much more information about them at the moment, but it's said that a whole big horde of powerful monsters have already been squashed by only a couple of this renegades... :o
- The nazi units are not spawned anymore on standard maps/levels/wads as regular enemies, 'cause they have been replaced by the Renegade Marines. They'll keep spawning on Wolfenstein based levels, though (depending which map is played, of course).
- Fixed a bug related with player's Rage Points: now it's not possible anymore to keep gathering Rage Points on player's pain state if the Maximum Rage Bonus Time powerup is still active.
- Some new background sounds, specially for computerized tech pillars and holding-heart columns.
- The HUD has been updated to maintain compatibility with new weapons and actions, and now it shows in a new inventory slot the picked up Computer Map (or Mega Computer Map) you obtain in a level. :wink:
- Other several tweaks and bugfixes.

Well, that's all more or less for now... I wish you keep enjoying and dooming as usual! :thumb:

Have a nice doomsday, everyone... ;)
While I'm celebrating our Independence Day I'll download this. I must say that this is a nice update for getting rid of that annoying bug and added more enemies for the killing :twisted:. Anyway, keep it up man and viva Chile mierda :joker: :cheers: (_)3
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

What the hell? I double-posted it by mistake, sorry about that.
Miguel371xd

Post by Miguel371xd »

Spoiler:
Mister Neauxbauxdeay

Post by Mister Neauxbauxdeay »

[quote= "Hexereticdoom"]Double Knuckles weapon mode has been renamed, now it is known as Punch & Kick. (Thinking about a better name actually, if possible!)[/quote]

If you're looking for a better name for the "punch and kick" weapon selection, then how about "Unarmed"? I think that should convey the same idea, albeit more to the point. :wink:
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

aww man, this update took out the middle finger taunting....

Is there any way you would consider bringing that small feature back? Like you are only able to do it when you are unarmed. You can taunt regularly while holding weapons.
Mister Neauxbauxdeay

Post by Mister Neauxbauxdeay »

As of version 4.1, the Lord of Souls does not properly show its light blue characteristic overlay when frozen with the chiller crossbow or the Chilly Mancubus Ice Cannon.
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Uploaded v4.1a as a hotfix release! :!:

It corrects an issue related to icy deaths from some mini-boss monsters, somehow (G)ZDoom was not showing correctly the 'ice-statue' state when those monsters are frozen by ice-based attacks. Also, the Taunting action now alerts monsters as in previous versions except the 4.1 last one, and made a minor change in the HUD.

Quoting time, now...
Mister Neauxbauxdeay wrote:As of version 4.1, the Lord of Souls does not properly show its light blue characteristic overlay when frozen with the chiller crossbow or the Chilly Mancubus Ice Cannon.
Yeah right, and it was not the only monster that was affected by the issue, also some Baron-class and Spider-class monsters were not displayed correctly on its icy deaths. Now it's fixed in v4.1a. Thanks for the reporting! :thumb:
JimpArgon wrote:aww man, this update took out the middle finger taunting....

Is there any way you would consider bringing that small feature back? Like you are only able to do it when you are unarmed. You can taunt regularly while holding weapons.
Yeah, sorry about it, but it was necessary to fix that exit+entering map glitch. :(

I'm afraid that is not possible, 'cause primary fire and secondary fire are already taken by punching and kicking actions, unless in a near future there was implemented in (G)ZDoom a terciary fire, I think it cannot be done for now. However, it's possible to make an external addon and making it work loading with the mod, but being careful not to call intentionally the exit glitch. And if you also miss the kicking action, you can recover it downloading the small addon made by Zombie Killer.
Mister Neauxbauxdeay wrote:If you're looking for a better name for the "punch and kick" weapon selection, then how about "Unarmed"? I think that should convey the same idea, albeit more to the point. :wink:
Hey not bad, I'll consider it for a future release! :)

Any other possible suggestions, doomguys? :?:
Miguel371xd wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
leodoom85 wrote:While I'm celebrating our Independence Day I'll download this. I must say that this is a nice update for getting rid of that annoying bug and added more enemies for the killing :twisted:. Anyway, keep it up man and viva Chile mierda :joker: :cheers: (_)3
I hope you have a good time celebrating that day! Wish you keep enjoying the mod! :thumb:
Miguel371xd

Post by Miguel371xd »

Hexereticdoom wrote:Uploaded v4.1a as a hotfix release! :!:

It corrects an issue related to icy deaths from some mini-boss monsters, somehow (G)ZDoom was not showing correctly the 'ice-statue' state when those monsters are frozen by ice-based attacks. Also, the Taunting action now alerts monsters as in previous versions except the 4.1 last one, and made a minor change in the HUD.

Quoting time, now...
Mister Neauxbauxdeay wrote:As of version 4.1, the Lord of Souls does not properly show its light blue characteristic overlay when frozen with the chiller crossbow or the Chilly Mancubus Ice Cannon.
Yeah right, and it was not the only monster that was affected by the issue, also some Baron-class and Spider-class monsters were not displayed correctly on its icy deaths. Now it's fixed in v4.1a. Thanks for the reporting! :thumb:
JimpArgon wrote:aww man, this update took out the middle finger taunting....

Yeah, sorry about it, but it was necessary to fix that exit+entering map glitch. :(

I'm afraid that is not possible, 'cause primary fire and secondary fire are already taken by punching and kicking actions, unless in a near future there was implemented in (G)ZDoom a terciary fire, I think it cannot be done for now. However, it's possible to make an external addon and making it work loading with the mod, but being careful not to call intentionally the exit glitch. And if you also miss the kicking action, you can recover it downloading the small addon made by Zombie Killer.
Mister Neauxbauxdeay wrote:If you're looking for a better name for the "punch and kick" weapon selection, then how about "Unarmed"? I think that should convey the same idea, albeit more to the point. :wink:
Hey not bad, I'll consider it for a future release! :)

Any other possible suggestions, doomguys? :?:
Miguel371xd wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
leodoom85 wrote:While I'm celebrating our Independence Day I'll download this. I must say that this is a nice update for getting rid of that annoying bug and added more enemies for the killing :twisted:. Anyway, keep it up man and viva Chile mierda :joker: :cheers: (_)3
I hope you have a good time celebrating that day! Wish you keep enjoying the mod! :thumb:
Spoiler:
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Miguel371xd

Post by Miguel371xd »

Miguel371xd wrote:
Hexereticdoom wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

Hexereticdoom wrote:
JimpArgon wrote:aww man, this update took out the middle finger taunting.
Ya but..... Nobody but idiots would do that anyways. I mean who taunts then exits the level on a regular basis? Normal people shouldn't have a funny feature taken away because some people cannot resist taunting and finishing a level. Ya, im a little sour about it. Sue me. :lol:
4thcharacter

Re: HXRTC Project v4.1a (UPDATED 21 september 2016)

Post by 4thcharacter »

I don't see taunting around out of place after killing all the enemies and you're about to hit the exit switch.

But it doesn't hinder the game fatally at any time so I say it should be put back. There shouldn't be any problems with it.
Pokky

Post by Pokky »

Hello again, just want to report a bug about the cybermastermind floating in the air. It could actually walks in the air!
Spoiler: Image
Also, sometimes I accidentally killed the combat droid with my weapon. Turning on sv_smartaim 2 doesn't help.

Is there anyway to make the droid or the crystal invulnerable to the player's attack in the next version?
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

I don't know if anyone reported this one, but let me show you. All homing attacks can be avoided by crouching if the mapset allow that feature. This video is an example of that.

The Annihilator is a special case. If you're not careful, you'll still die by the splash damage of the rockets and if you're too close to him, a rocket will hit you to the face.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”