HXRTC Project Golden Edition Plus R15 (1 Apr 2024)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: HXRTC Project v4.2 (UPDATED 29 september 2016)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Well then Doomguys, it's time for another update for the H-Project, the v4.2 to be precise. As being usual, apart from some new features, this release fixes some remaining bugs present in previous updatings, plus some other ones you have reported these days in the thread. Thanks a lot for your collaboration mates! :)

Also, have to say I forgot to mention one thing about the mod file: from version 4.x there have been several optimizations and tweakings for using it with recent release of GZDoom 2.2.0, so if your computers and/or graphic cards allow to run with it, I should strongly recommend it for an improved playing experience. (Otherwise keep using ZDoom or GZDoom older releases, of course).

Click here for downloading GZDoom 2.2.0

Once said this, it's time for the pertinent detailed changelog, so here you have:

- A couple of new bossy enemies have joined the hellish enemy forces: the Pest Master (an infernal creature that may resemble a bit like a Metroid Chozo Statue, but having even worse intentions; it attacks using a kind of lizard hand for throwing venom projectiles or flames, and better you stay back when it dies) and the Sinister Fiend (another walking nightmare released from the realm of shadows, this thing can be quite hard to kill due to its evil abilities; it can resurrect several times at the same time it attacks with poison balls or evil seeking spirits, specially be careful when it has lower health). :!:
- Improved the Z-Gun's secondary fire; now instead a standard three-shots burst it can release a powerful charged shot, allowing you to dispatch more easily strong enemies at first-starting maps. (Perfect when ammunition for other weapons are scarce as hell!)
- The Venom Monster's Toxic Wand primary fire now is a seeker projectile, so you won't need to aim your opponents to attack with it. Secondary fire remains unchanged, in case you need a stronger attack or aiming gets more relevant. (Don't forget that venom-based enemies can't be poisoned in any way!)
- Updated HXRTC Marine's body sprite and mugshot. After a long time, he has obtained a precious marine helmet for protecting his head. :P (But don't expect a major protection on-game, after all the special armors still count mainly in combat!) :wink:
- Increased armor of your in-battle allies: the Special Combat Droid and Ghostly Black Gem now will resist more efficiently the fierce attacks of your enemies, specially in big bosses confrontations. (However they still can receive damage from your weapons, so please try not to shoot at them, they're your friends!) ():)
- Fixed the floating CyberMastermind bug. (An unnecessary Decorate flag was causing the problem, removed and solved!)
- Fixed the strange seeker missiles behaviour, bypassing the player when in crouch state. (Another flag was provoking the issue, it seems the SMF_PRECISE option for A_SeekerMissile has a problem detecting crouched players, may be this should be fixed by ZDoom and GZDoom developers). :ugeek:
- Some Gremlin enemies colours changed: reverted Gremlin greenish skin to its original black one (now when dying it spawns Blue, Yellow, Red and Green MiniGremlins; Gray MiniGremlin variant removed).
- Minor tweakings, bugfixings and maintenance updatings.

And now, please go to download link available on first post and update your copies ASAP. More updates and features coming soon, with a bit of luck! :shucks:

Cheerio, keep having fun as usual and have a nice Doomsday! 8-)
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Project v4.3 (UPDATED 14 october 2016)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hi ya Doomguys, how is it going? Here again to announce a new release for the H-Project, it's turn now for version 4.3!

However, don't expect a lot of changes this time, this one is more like a maintenance update for fixing some remaining bugs still present in previous releases. But of course, this doesn't mean there is no absolutely in-game changes, in fact there are some ones, not many but there they are. OK, I'll just leave aside the usual preambles and let's go straight to the point then... :P

So then, this is the changelog for this version:

- Added to the existing bestiary a total of three new monsters: Black Imp (a rather known variant of the standard Imp, this dark skinned hellspawn will use a dangerous tri-attack at long range or its electric claws for finishing player's nice dreams, so don't let get chased if you know what's good for you), Infernal Cacodemon (coming from the deepest depths of Hell, this fiery creature can spit large fireballs or use its fearful flame breath at closer range, so better you prepare your coolest weapons to pour cold water on this hot beast) and the Arachnosseous (a rare variant of the standard Arachnotron, supposedly un-cybernetized and reassembled by Revenants (?) giving it up a bony appearance; its behaviour is also slightly different from its arachnoid comrades, being quite faster and elusive than them, beware and stay back from its extremely harmful raygun).
- Included a new poisonous weapon: the UAC Chemical Spray. This hazardous spraycan product was once a prototype from one of the crazy UAC scientists, intended primarily to be used like a standard insecticide. However, problems began when the scientific committee discovered it was a highly toxic product: it was effective against bugs, but also effective against humans. So after discarding definitively the chemical product marketing for obvious reasons, the few manufactured spraycans were stored in a secret area for their subsequent destruction. But seems somehow they weren't totally destroyed at last, cause some hellish monsters were able to pick some samples of the product and using them for their evil purposes... :stuppor:
- Fixed a minor mistake with the Sinister Fiend's evil spirits, which were wrongly counted toward level kill percentage when spawned.
- Fixed Napalm Launcher's secondary fire flames, now they show correctly their previously missing dynamic lights.
- Updated HUD for adding compatibility with the new UAC Chemical Spray weapon.
- Some other minor bugfixings and code optimizations.

EXTRA: Included in the H-Project's compressed zip file a new revision of the Hookshot special power (credits to JPalomo) included some time ago in previous releases of the mod. Now it has been updated and changed a bit the way it was working; you can still use it for scaling unreachable heights or overcoming deep chasms, but when you shoot the Grappling Hook onto an enemy, instead of pulling it toward you, YOU WILL be pulled onto the enemy, the same way if you had shot it into a wall or any other vertical surface. Also they're been included two new and optional special powers in the addon: Double Jump and Hovering (credits again to JPalomo) which will increase considerably your agility and avoid floor traps easier. (NOTE: Remember this is an optional file addon, so if you want to use it you'll have to load it AFTER the mod itself to prevent non-working issues).

Well, that's almost all for now, as being usual you can get the download link in first post and update your copies to enjoy newer features! :winker:

Keep enjoying, have fun and also have a nice Doomsday! 8-)
hunterman123

Post by hunterman123 »

Huh, well, atleast we can experience some newer enemies, them elementals are quite hard to fight, I would like if we could see some more non-elemental demons but anyways good job.
Pokky

Post by Pokky »

I noticed that renegade marines won't teleport in if they are located far away? This also happened in the previous 4.2 version.

They seemed to be in idle state even though other monsters can be alerted and move on its own.
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Pokky wrote:I noticed that renegade marines won't teleport in if they are located far away? This also happened in the previous 4.2 version.

They seemed to be in idle state even though other monsters can be alerted and move on its own.
From version 4.2, the RMs have been set as ambush enemies (misnamed "deaf" enemies, in some cases) so they won't start chasing the player after hearing his weapons or tauntings until they have a direct LOS to him. This is not a bug.

On the other hand, I'm announcing the next 'coming-soon' version of the mod; this release will make a rather notable turning point respect to player's statistics, due to the new 'Level+Experience' system that will include. So, when you kill enemies along your Doom adventures, you will earn some XP points; and when you earn enough, you will advance to next level, improving your total health capacity. (In other words, your maximum HP will increase dynamically with each reached level, like in many RPGs).

However, at the moment this is still an experimental feature, but also is planned to be improved on more future releases (if it's possible and my still-limited skills allow it, of course :P).
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Project v4.5 (UPDATED 3 november 2016)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Howdy there, Doom dudes! As I announced on last post, the new release of the H-Project is available from now (version 4.5 this time) and apart from coming with a few new features, it also brings some important changes respect from previous releases.

Now let's show most of them in changelog, as being usual...

- Player's arsenal has now available a couple of new weapons: the Dual Combat Rifles (yeah, after a long time planning to implement them in the mod, finally they're finished and ready to shoot, hope you have fun with them, remember it's better two than one!) and the Gatling Lasergun (a new, fearful plasma toy that will delight most of the lucky ones they find one of it; coming with two fire-speed modes and a fully-automatic recharge system, this will be REAL FUN to use!). :twisted:
- Bestiary has grown with the presence of two new big-bad-bosses, and not less dangerous than the existing ones: the Bucentaurus (might resemble to a Hell Knight with an overdose of steroids and horse vitamins, but this four-legged nightmare is worse than it looks; don't let it chases you or you'll be trampled until the Judgement Day) and the Pyroflamer (a Spiderdemon relative with the absolute power of fire and bombs; it has a terrible desire to make a BBQ with your meat bones, so try to avoid becoming the menu's first plate!). :!:
- A new RPG-ish feature enters now in scene: the Level+Experience system! From now the player is able to earn XP points from killed enemies, and when he takes apart enough foes it will raise up to next level, improving this way his main HP status (this means your maximum health will increase dynamically with each reached level, so the more enemy killings, the more total HP will you obtain). Note you will always start at level 0, and the maximum reachable level is 50. Your HP will be increased around a 8%-12% of your starting total health (now only 100, instead of the previous 200 fixed value) with each level reached.
- Due to the introduced new Level+Experience system, a big part of the healing & armor items have been debuffed in their granted player's bonus points up to 1/2 from the previous values, for balance purposes. This means you will need from now to collect more bonuses than before to increase the player's Health & Armor, including those ones that exceed the normal limits. However, the previous limit of 2000 HP/AP has been removed, and the player can collect up to a maximum of 9999 HP/AP like in older releases of the mod. In general, and due to the bitly increased difficulty, now the normal healing items (stims, medikits & heal backpacks) will be more valuable than before.
- Updated skill difficulty levels, and now is available a new Very-Hard skill level (not Nightmare mode) called "WANNA SEE WHAT IS PAIN?" for those who want to experience a challenge harder than known-standard Ultra-Violence mode.
- Now the Sinister Fiend's spitted spirits are killable by player's weapons (previously they were a bit OP with their invulnerability) and will disappear once they chase the player and perform a melee attack. (Warning: they're still immune to poisonous attacks!) :nope:
- Updated the HUD for compatibility with new weapons and showing the current player's level and experience points.
- Some other tweakings, plus minor optimizations & bugfixings.

It's almost all for now, hope you enjoy this new version! And no need to say, download link available on first post, check it now, report any bugs, blah blah blah... :P

Have a nice Doomsday, everyone... Cheerio! 8-)
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

Whoa, what an update. Sadly, I will download it another day because I'm currently doing a LP of DUMP 3 :( .
That remind me of something, though. I suggested some time ago that it's possible to remove the smoke effect or adding a file for that as an option due to the decrease of FPS.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

I'm in a middle of another playthrough too, but also really excited to play this one next. Its a bit comical as I have had v4.3 initially downloaded, then 4.4 comes out so I got that and now 4.5 came out, so now I'm gonna download that too lol. It be even more funny that when I'm done with my current playthrough, this mod will update again in that time. : P
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Haven't played in a few versions. This new one is pretty damn fun. I really love movement addon, too. It would be cool if holding the grapple button kept you stuck to the wall you grappled to. Also, I quite miss the quick melee, grenade, and mines. specially the quick melee. Are you ever going to bring it back? I think there should still be separate binds to quick switch to grenades or mines at least sorta just like pressing 0 but more accessible instead of having to rebind 0. Lastly, I think you should increase the height of the hitboxes of the tesla lamps as shooting directly at the bulb does nothing as everything passes through and it's the part most people would think to shoot to begin with, Even if I know I should be shooting the middle I keep shooting the bulb by habit and getting screwed over for it because it does no damage.
Mister Neauxbauxdeay

Post by Mister Neauxbauxdeay »

It seems that the Laser Gatling you added in v4.5 would go perfectly with the Executioner boss enemy. Due to him being a cyberdemon replacement, I can't help but think he needs something a bit more intimidating than his standard minigun fire, yet at the same time, still in keeping with the concept of him using an ultra-heavy rapid fire weapon, if you catch my meaning. :wink:
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

leodoom85 wrote:I suggested some time ago that it's possible to remove the smoke effect or adding a file for that as an option due to the decrease of FPS.
Yeah, I'm preparing an optional addon to remove the smoking effects, and when it works OK, it will be released in a few days. :wink:
Spaceman333 wrote:Its a bit comical as I have had v4.3 initially downloaded, then 4.4 comes out so I got that and now 4.5 came out, so now I'm gonna download that too lol. It be even more funny that when I'm done with my current playthrough, this mod will update again in that time. : P
All right, but version 4.4 had not been published officially in the thread... :3: :mrgreen:
Someone64 wrote:It would be cool if holding the grapple button kept you stuck to the wall you grappled to. Also, I quite miss the quick melee, grenade, and mines. specially the quick melee. Are you ever going to bring it back? I think there should still be separate binds to quick switch to grenades or mines at least sorta just like pressing 0 but more accessible instead of having to rebind 0. Lastly, I think you should increase the height of the hitboxes of the tesla lamps as shooting directly at the bulb does nothing as everything passes through and it's the part most people would think to shoot to begin with, Even if I know I should be shooting the middle I keep shooting the bulb by habit and getting screwed over for it because it does no damage.
I'll take a look in the grapple feature suggestion to implement it if possible, but I do not promise anything... (ACS coding still resist me quite a lot!) :bang:

I'm very sorry, but due to the declared glitches in the initial v4.0 (check it in some previous pages) I'm not reverting to the quick-action buttons at the moment, at least until I find a satisfactory solution to implement them in a way the game doesn't get seriously bugged between Doom levels. Meanwhile, you have an alternative way to recover and use the kick-action button, using the original Zombie Killer's optional addon (in which one the previous v4.0 quick-action buttons were based), you can download it from here:

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 49#p723055

Load it after the H-Project's main file, but don't forget not using it while pushing the 'exit' switch on played maps... :!:
Mister Neauxbauxdeay wrote:It seems that the Laser Gatling you added in v4.5 would go perfectly with the Executioner boss enemy. Due to him being a cyberdemon replacement, I can't help but think he needs something a bit more intimidating than his standard minigun fire, yet at the same time, still in keeping with the concept of him using an ultra-heavy rapid fire weapon, if you catch my meaning. :wink:
You know? Like a lot your idea! :D

I think I'll implement it on next release... The Execky beastie is going to be even more hazardous than it is now! :grr:

See ya next time Doomdudes! 8-)
Hexereticdoom

Re: HXRTC Project v4.5a (UPDATED 21 november 2016)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hi there Doom mates, it's time for a small mod revision of current v4.5, for fixing a few bugs/glitches and introducing some new & fresh features you'll enjoy for sure. (Some of them are coming from your proposed suggestions, so please don't forget to take a peek!) :winker:

The detailed changelog for this update is the following one:

- Introduced some new collectable items that you'll find along your doomish adventures: the Ancient Ankh (a quite rare & shiny artifact which has the special power of saving your nice butt in most compromised situations like inescapable traps/pits or fierce enemy ambushes; when you pick and use one of them, you'll be safely teleported to current level startpoint, so that way you'll have a second chance to survive in those damn hard levels); the Hyper Potion (a strong, tonic beverage, used to be drunk by some tired UAC workers; picking up one will increase your Rage Meter by 25 points); the Tranquilizer Potion (the inverse of the previous one, the relaxing effects of this drink will decrease a 25% of your Rage bar, so depending on the situation you may want to avoid it) and the Smart PDA (a small gadget that may have little usefulness nowadays, but when you pick it up will record your level current position and can return to it in emergency case -- yeah, just like a standard savegame, no more than that! Useful if you forget to save often, like me...) :tongue:
- Updated the Gatling Lasergun's projectile 'plasma' sounds with new ones, made this time from scratch by me (with help of course, of Audacity and its useful built-in effects). If you like them, cool then! But if you hate them, too bad, I'll revert them on next update if you want... :-(
- Replaced Executioner old chaingun attack with a gatling-laser one (now it will be even MORE dangerous and menacing specially in close confrontations, so don't relax in any way!) and improved the PyroFlamer's standard fire mini-bolt attack by increasing its projectiles speed.
- Increased a bit the Tesla Coil height, so when you aim & shoot at the bulb, this nasty device will also receive damage.
- Updated the old 'Find-a-Secret' space-chorus sound with a new, more mystic-jingle one. (Hope you like it!) :P
- Fixed a minor glitch with Dual Combat Rifles, which provoked the green visors animation being stopped while holding the Reload button with both full clips.
- Some other bugfixes and maintenance tweaks.

EXTRA: Included in the H-Project's compressed zip file a new optional & tiny addon (HXRTCNOSMOKESFX_V1.PK7), useful for those (G)ZDoom users who have some in-game performance issues with most smoke cloud effects used often in the mod, which can decrease FPS specially in older/slower machines. If you're one of these users, you can try loading this addon after the mod file and check if it helps! :wink:

More or less that's all for now... Hope you keep enjoying!

Cheerio and have a nice Doomsday, everyone... 8-)
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Nice FFVII reference there.

Does the tranquilizer potion have any benefits when you use them? Because if it does nothing than decreasing rage points it would seem like a filler powerup. If it doesn't I think it should have an opposite effect of rage bonus; making you take less 2x damage.
Mister Neauxbauxdeay

Post by Mister Neauxbauxdeay »

4thcharacter wrote:Nice FFVII reference there.

Does the tranquilizer potion have any benefits when you use them? Because if it does nothing than decreasing rage points it would seem like a filler powerup. If it doesn't I think it should have an opposite effect of rage bonus; making you take less 2x damage.
Either that or health/armor regeneration over a period of time would do it justice, seeing that there's nothing in the mod that uses the regeneration feature as of the current version.

Then again, we could also say the same for time freezing, slowing time down, or increased movement and attack speed.
Pokky

Post by Pokky »

Hello, after playing through the mod for quite some time, I have a few suggestions.

1)The duration of the fire left behind by the mancubus and the pyroflamer are really long and it's annoying. Shortening the fire duration would help..
2)The nightmare revenant's raygun is too fast that it's impossible to dodge it in time. Make the projectile speed slightly slower?
3)Can you make the homing ice trail or ice projectile more visible? It's really hard to see them since they are semi transparent.

I have a few questions to ask as well.

1)Do stone monsters have increased resistance against kinetic weapons like bullets? I found that they took more hits than their fire and ice counterparts.
2)I had not seen a shop droid that offered cell ammo refill. Balance reason?

A hotkey for the ankh would be extremely helpful considering how distracting it is to scroll through the inventory menu during a firefight.

Any tips on dealing with the sinister fiend? I have trouble killing it because every time I land a hit on it, it will fake it's death; not taking damage.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”