Colourful Hell 1.01 fix fix tweak tweak

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

What do with black shotgun spawn?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:24 am

keep as they are
No votes
modify a little for ranged options
No votes
Remake the crew for better variance
29%
Remake with focus on the leader as the boss
71%
Rehaul and scrap the concept, make something else shotgunny instead
No votes

Total votes: 7

Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.77 SPIDERS

Post by Tapwave »

DevilBlackDeath wrote: to make a mod with shotgun as a starting weapon and infinite ammos for it ?
Extremely easy, but why ask this here instead of the Editing forum where you're much more likely to get an answer and not yelled at for bumping threads?
All you need to do is to make a weapon inheriting from the shotgun, give it weapon.ammouse 0 and then redefine the weapon slot to make it work, and that's it.
DevilBlackDeath

Post by DevilBlackDeath »

Tapwave wrote:
DevilBlackDeath wrote: to make a mod with shotgun as a starting weapon and infinite ammos for it ?
Extremely easy, but why ask this here instead of the Editing forum where you're much more likely to get an answer and not yelled at for bumping threads?
All you need to do is to make a weapon inheriting from the shotgun, give it weapon.ammouse 0 and then redefine the weapon slot to make it work, and that's it.
Thanks a lot ^^ Well mostly to say that it'd be fitting for the mod ! Sorry for the bump by the way then !
Athel

Post by Athel »

It should be noted that the new enemies do not call A_FaceTarget before attacking. A small issue, but its odd seeing a purple cacodemon shoot its fireball from the side of its head :-)

Edit: Aaaaaaannnnd I did NOT see the date on the last page. Well, guess this is relevant still.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

The obituary lines from the green Mastermind and purple fatso needs some fixing.

Also, about the purple pain elemental.. they don't make sense, color-difficulty wise. They spawn purple lost souls which are dreadful enough and they spawn TWO of them each and at an alarming rate. This is bad if the ammo supplies in the map is tight. Unless the said PE and Lost soul are as tough as a glass cannon then maybe they're good, or make the purple lost souls spit ammo when they die.

Compared to their red and yellow counterparts, they are much more threatening. And sometimes, the purple lost souls aren't affected by projectile-based attacks. Is this intentional?

EDIT: Scratch that, most of the pain elementals' difficulties relies on the situation. Red and yellow lost souls are much like revenant missiles but with good evasion and techniques you can evade them. Purple ones on the other hand can massacre you if they're in large numbers, short distances and close quarters.
Last edited by 4thcharacter on Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

*Ravedoom*
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Honestly getting 2 purple lost souls to infight is one of the greatest things you will ever see. It's like a dbz fight between 2 idiots, its so goddamn silly, all you hear is the AHH sound from them trying to to rush each other, and since they insta-dash, it's just one continuous loop.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Cryomundus wrote:Honestly getting 2 purple lost souls to infight is one of the greatest things you will ever see. It's like a dbz fight between 2 idiots, its so goddamn silly, all you hear is the AHH sound from them trying to to rush each other, and since they insta-dash, it's just one continuous loop.
That's one thing that I like about purple lost souls. They're prone to start hilarious dumb looking fights between each other. I actually saw them charging towards each other in a continuous circular pattern but for some reason nobody lands a hit, thus making them loop in eternity. And it's hilarious seeing them swarm a yellow cybie and it's weaker variants to death.

When they finally killed their target and they decide to turn back to you though...
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Normally I wait till I have an update to reply up but ill address few things
Neat stuff, dude.

Mind if I make a patch to make this work with Guncaster?
Patches are always good, there's no need to really ask for permission on those
If anyone ever wants to make patch to make this work with another mod than go for it, I have nothing against that.
"My wings still disappear while in motion" - a Baron
Care to give more insight?
It should be noted that the new enemies do not call A_FaceTarget before attacking. A small issue, but its odd seeing a purple cacodemon shoot its fireball from the side of its head :-)

Edit: Aaaaaaannnnd I did NOT see the date on the last page. Well, guess this is relevant still.
I'll look into that and aim to fix some that I can find, if there are enemies that do these please let me know which ones, should make fixing it easier.
I'll start looking from purple and up tho.
The obituary lines from the green Mastermind and purple fatso needs some fixing.

Also, about the purple pain elemental.. they don't make sense, color-difficulty wise. They spawn purple lost souls which are dreadful enough and they spawn TWO of them each and at an alarming rate. This is bad if the ammo supplies in the map is tight. Unless the said PE and Lost soul are as tough as a glass cannon then maybe they're good, or make the purple lost souls spit ammo when they die.

Compared to their red and yellow counterparts, they are much more threatening. And sometimes, the purple lost souls aren't affected by projectile-based attacks. Is this intentional?

EDIT: Scratch that, most of the pain elementals' difficulties relies on the situation. Red and yellow lost souls are much like revenant missiles but with good evasion and techniques you can evade them. Purple ones on the other hand can massacre you if they're in large numbers, short distances and close quarters.
I'll look into the lines

Pain elementals are generally rather rare and the purple might seem stronger than the yellow, but the issue is more in the lost souls itself. Red pain elemental is definatly much stronger than purple with its attacks and the yellow pain elemental is more durable and also attacks bit harder. But yeah the souls might be bit wonky.
I will plan to look into that to balance em a bit.
The purple souls do this sort of "phase" dash thing when they attack to make it so player can't hide behind decorations and the like and also to dodge projectiles, but the code is bit wonky and doesn't always return the lost soul back to solid state. How it should work is that when the lost souls is close enough it should stop the phasing, buuut it is bit broke.

Update wise I haven't really had much time lately to work on the monsters and lot of the planned monsters still could do with custom graphics that I haven't had motivation and time to work on.

Tho I will aim to push a small update at some point to fix few things, add a customized graphic to white arachnotron which I was PM'd and to add a white tier lost soul once I get the fellow's code done.
I might also add in a place holder black archvile and black baron but will see.

The white lost soul is gonna be quite fun, hope you won't mistake it for other monsters cause its bit of... illusionist.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

0.78 is up

Some rather minor stuff, however more importantly; I live agaiiiin!
This update adds one white enemy variant and fixes some issues
Also rebalances the lost souls and pain elementals with the purple and yellow variants.

Change log;
Spoiler:
PFL

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.78 jazz for the soul

Post by PFL »

Cool.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

YES
TheSkyBug

Post by TheSkyBug »

Finally! I'm very happy to see that project is not dead!
Will update my add-on as fast as i can.
Hege Cactus

Re: [WIP]Colourful Hell 0.80 Imping

Post by Hege Cactus »

Hi

v 0.80

Looot of polishing up, tweaks and stuff in this release and more fun
Some monsters gained nerfs, others buffs, some act more properly, others look slightly prettier, etc etc etc
I also tried to lower the amount of junk the enemies drop
There are also some changes that might be bit so-so/rushed and not completely tested as I've had less and less time to do testing rounds, the new white tier imp for exsample isn't completely polished yet but functional atleast.

Full change log here;
Spoiler:
Royfoker3

Post by Royfoker3 »

awesome mod thanks
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Ha! And here I thought this was abandoned. Gonna have to give the new version a spin, soon.

edit: Benellus is one scary motherfucker. I encountered him in The Living End, and he basically turned it into a horror game... He would fly up to me out of nowhere, start blasting, I'd hide and wait for him to wander into a teleporter, then scramble to progress before he inevitably showed up again.

Also I still have no idea how to deal with THE BEES besides "grab invulnerability, W+M1 with rocket launcher".

Return to “Gameplay Mods”