[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] v3.1 released (p204)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Talon1024

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [WolfenDoom] Blade of Agony (Web of Agony online!)

Post by Talon1024 »

Tormentor667 wrote:Where?
BoA Website wrote:JOIN HISTORICAL BATTLES - Relive the action of WWII from a new perspectiven
Mars873 wrote:Does it say perspectiven on the web-site by purpose?
Why would it?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Thanks,just fixin' it
Frozenwolf150

Post by Frozenwolf150 »

I decided to try this mod after seeing the highly positive review by ICARUSLIV3S on YT. So far it does not disappoint. However, I immediately found a glitch with the doors, which was also mentioned in a post a year ago. When I tried to open the front doors of the Allied HQ, I was standing too close to the wall, and the door swung open and I became stuck between the door and the wall. Activating the door again had no effect, as it was jammed in the open position (against my face). The only way out was to use 'noclip' or reload the autosave.

I did some further testing and have found three places where it's possible to get stuck in the Allied HQ map.

1. Behind the front door, as mentioned above.
2. Behind the shrub to the left of the front entrance, by climbing the hill and jumping on top of the trees.
3. Behind the northernmost green tent, by climbing the hill and falling into the gap between the tent and the cliffside.

Some other comments on the Allied HQ map. The chest of Nazi gold respawns, but the key for it does not. Also, although your weapons are disabled, you can still throw a grenade and kill people, which breaks the game.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Okay, I know I already snarked on Doomworld about Tunisia's Egyptian ruins, but this is too much for me:

What? Paris doesn't have a "main" bridge, and none of them are on the Somme. It's like talking about New York's main bridge on the Mississippi, or Berlin's main bridge on the Rhine.

Thing is I'm pretty sure it was a different city before. It's been changed to Paris for some reason, even though it makes the rest of the briefing absurd.
Wiw

Post by Wiw »

Yeah, why was that changed? I remember it used to be St. Quentin. What happened?
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

@Frozenwolf150
Try the most recent build from github, I think you missed something

@Gez & Wiw
There is a plan to change the city but probably we'll keep the bridge as it is. Concerning the plot even that one will change or properly updated
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Gez wrote:Thing is I'm pretty sure it was a different city before. It's been changed to Paris for some reason, even though it makes the rest of the briefing absurd.
Good spot and thanks for noticing. First the mission took place in St. Quentin but we changed it to Paris without changing the river as well. So instead of "Somme" it should be called "Seine" And yes, it might be not historically correct to have one main bridge in Paris but so, Hitler wearing an iron suite isn't as well - that's the arcade freedom :)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

What I'd like to know is why it's important for the mission to take place in Paris.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Well. it's simply a more epic location. The interiors of the whole place has been changed so much, the architecture has changed, it just feels right to move it to Paris instead of leaving it in St. Quentin
Gez

Post by Gez »

If you're changing locations around, I strongly suggest taking the last mission of E1 and splitting in two. Make the search in Tunisia be for some gizmo that gives the location of the Spear, which is in Egypt.
printz

Post by printz »

I've looked at the website. Everything looks great, until I see that you're still using the cartoon-like Wolf3D boss sprites. Now that's not a deal breaker, but such sprites, obviously limited in Wolf3D to the 64x64 square, just don't look great in Doom, especially when they take spiderdemon amounts of damage to go down. Really even in Wolf3D I've always thought they looked more like political cartoons meant to conclude the episode, than like ultimate tests of skill.

Normal sized sprites with scarier equipment, high agility and self-healing abilities (like the player's) would look better.

Will this mod have portals?
Gez

Post by Gez »

There already are portals.
printz

Post by printz »

Any download links? Where do people "try" this mod from? If it's just from Github, then no thanks.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Yeah, you have to get it from Github and then run a command to make the pk3. (Unfortunately it doesn't work right of the bat if you just load the zip downloaded from Github).
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

printz wrote:Normal sized sprites with scarier equipment, high agility and self-healing abilities (like the player's) would look better.
I somehow agree, but getting a good sprite artist who is capable of just doing that is almost impossible these days. On the other hand, BoA is some kind of a spiritual successor, so having such sprites gives it a retro-feeling - I actually like em :)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”