[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] v3.1 released (p204)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [WolfenDoom] Blade of Agony (new shots p103)

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Kroc wrote: [*]In HQ, Lt.Rojas and the Jukebox have 10 options, and I'm used to using the 1-9 keys to navigate; you can't type "10". Suggest you limit the menus to 1-9, use "0" for 10 or always use "0" for the "bye" option.
Did you ever play Strife? Such kind of interaction comes with that game and it is pretty inspired from it. If not hardcoded, in this case.

[EDIT]: Fixed the button though.
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

Mmm after i rescue the dude from prison, can we tell him to stop and follow? It was soo annoying getting in the way or blocking me from move and getting my ass kicked because of this.

Also how can i remove the annoying shake efect when i get hit? and what command can i use to stop many effects like smoke, rain and stuff like that im on c1m3 and im on 5fps :P i use the options and put all to 0 yet they still load
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Mav3rick wrote:and what command can i use to stop many effects like smoke, rain and stuff like that im on c1m3 and im on 5fps :P i use the options and put all to 0 yet they still load
You need to restart the map when you change the effects
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

Tormentor667 wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:and what command can i use to stop many effects like smoke, rain and stuff like that im on c1m3 and im on 5fps :P i use the options and put all to 0 yet they still load
You need to restart the map when you change the effects
I know torm and i did, that is why i ask if there is a command to avoid load extra stuff, and also there is nothing to take away the annoying cam shake when been hit??
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

No, it's a gameplay parameter
yqco

Post by yqco »

In the latest builds, flinching can be disabled by typing "flinchamount 0" into the console. Flinching is an intended part of the game and disabling it will limit yourself from the full experience. I would suggest keeping it enabled but experimenting with different values until you find a happy medium. For example, setting it to 0.25 (the default is 1) will result in very small flinches but still allow some feedback from being shot.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Also consider that removing the flinching makes the game much easier and is considered as cheating
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

yqco wrote:In the latest builds, flinching can be disabled by typing "flinchamount 0" into the console. Flinching is an intended part of the game and disabling it will limit yourself from the full experience. I would suggest keeping it enabled but experimenting with different values until you find a happy medium. For example, setting it to 0.25 (the default is 1) will result in very small flinches but still allow some feedback from being shot.
Thanks buddy ;)
Tormentor667 wrote:Also consider that removing the flinching makes the game much easier and is considered as cheating
and?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Mav3rick wrote:and?
It's simply not the intended way to play the mod. Feel free to activate god modus, give yourself all the weapons and deactivate flinching - all the same.
YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YukiHerz »

You should consider what's "Difficulty" and what's "Annoying Features that shouldn't be there".
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

HazeBandicoot wrote:You should consider what's "Difficulty" and what's "Annoying Features that shouldn't be there".
Why flinch would be an "annoying feature"? It is there to force players to hide and sneak more while playing, we wanted to implement a different way to play a Doom mod with BoA, it isn't just a "fight horde of enemies, get the key, powerup yourself, go to next room, jump down from a cliff out of 200m without getting a single hp of damage, go on to next room/area".
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

HazeBandicoot wrote:You should consider what's "Difficulty" and what's "Annoying Features that shouldn't be there".
Flinching is a gameplay element that is now used on mods for ages without people complaining about it, it's simply a realistic gameplay element that forces you to behave more patient and careful instead of running wild into enemy hordes. BoA is based on the Doom engine, yes, but you shouldn't play it the same way as Doom
Doom Juan

Post by Doom Juan »

Get DOOM out of your heads: this is BOA :P
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

From what I understand you can turn it off, anyway. As long as the option exists, that's a huge compromise compared to what a lot of modders do: They try to force you to play it their way, no questions asked.

Just because they're recommending you don't turn it off doesn't mean you absolutely cannot play without it.

In the end, it's their mod, and they have final say over what happens in the end. Personally, I'm quite glad they made a user option to begin with.
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

Tormentor667 wrote: It's simply not the intended way to play the mod. Feel free to activate god modus, give yourself all the weapons and deactivate flinching - all the same.
Come on torm, it have to be a switch to toggle it or reduce it, the game as it is without to me, is great but with that is too annoying, is one thing i dislike from RTCW, please dont act like by changing something is cheat and try to force something is the right thing, not all have the time or patience, the only way i could beat level 2 was with god mode on the tank at the end, it was way frustrating to deal with
Tormentor667 wrote: Flinching is a gameplay element that is now used on mods for ages without people complaining about it, it's simply a realistic gameplay element that forces you to behave more patient and careful instead of running wild into enemy hordes. BoA is based on the Doom engine, yes, but you shouldn't play it the same way as Doom
What other mods do have "Flinching"?
Doom Juan wrote:Get DOOM out of your heads: this is BOA :P
Nobody ask ur opinion ;)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”