[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] v3.1 released (p204)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
_mental_

Re: [WolfenDoom] Blade of Agony (we need your feedback, p93)

Post by _mental_ »

Mav3rick wrote:stupid question, may i try this with gzdoom g1.10pre-1359?? pretty pretty plz? :P
Why don't you use GZDoom 2.2pre? Recent versions work on OpenGL 2.1 hardware. It's still work in progress but give it a try.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Mav3rick wrote:stupid question, may i try this with gzdoom g1.10pre-1359?? pretty pretty plz? :P
Well if you can't afford OpenGL 3+, surely it is a pick but... you'll encounter several issues such as wrong pitch for models and not-working-properly portals, like this one seen on Intermap (tested with most recent build from github repo). Probably even more issues could happen though anyway.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Ozymandias is right, you will encounter even more problems without being able to use the latest version of GZDoom. BoA pushes the engine to the limits and you need a modern machine anyway, so... I think it's time to start safing some money :P
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Indeed. I don't think that such old graphics hardware is going to cut it anyway without letting the game degenerate into a slide show.
The most demanding parts of this mod are even maxing out my Geforce 550Ti. And that's saying something because in most maps the CPU is the limiting factor.

Aside from that, the 1.x branch is dead by now. Most of the backwards compatibility functionality is already present in the 2.x branch and there won't be any 1.x updates anymore.
fr00ben

Post by fr00ben »

First post here, I have always been reading zdoom forums but this thread made my register so I could give my thanks and respect for this project.

I have tried to stay away from downloading it so I wouldn't spoil it until it's done, from what I've seen in the video this looks absolutely amazing, looks like a build engine game.

Would you say that Zdoom has surpassed build engine in what is possibly to do now? Build engine games has always been some of my favorites and I would love to see more in the vein of Duke, Blood and Shadow Warrior, even tho that this resembles RtCW.
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

_mental_ wrote:
Why don't you use GZDoom 2.2pre? Recent versions work on OpenGL 2.1 hardware. It's still work in progress but give it a try.
i did try the first version of 2.x yet i did have problems with sprites and stuff out of place
Ozymandias81 wrote:
Well if you can't afford OpenGL 3+, surely it is a pick but... you'll encounter several issues such as wrong pitch for models and not-working-properly portals, like this one seen on Intermap (tested with most recent build from github repo). Probably even more issues could happen though anyway.
my card is gl 3.3 no idea if that is enough to play some of this :P
Tormentor667 wrote:Ozymandias is right, you will encounter even more problems without being able to use the latest version of GZDoom. BoA pushes the engine to the limits and you need a modern machine anyway, so... I think it's time to start safing some money :P
well there is one way to find out :twisted: where is the download?? 8-)
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

Mav3rick wrote:i did try the first version of 2.x yet i did have problems with sprites and stuff out of place
"The first version of 2.x" tells me nothing. Was it 2.0.x or 2.1.x or 2.2pre?
Did you try the latest stable version 2.1.1? Here is the latest devbuild at the moment. Check it too.
If you will encounter some problems I strongly suggest to report them by creating a topic on the corresponding forum.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

@mav3rick
You need a fresh installment of GZDoom probably... also you must go at least for this one because r1752 has issues with Line Set Portal.
Otherwise wait for a new dev build.

Concerning the download you need well... check under GitHub and Google... :wink:
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

fr00ben wrote:Would you say that Zdoom has surpassed build engine in what is possibly to do now? Build engine games has always been some of my favorites and I would love to see more in the vein of Duke, Blood and Shadow Warrior, even tho that this resembles RtCW.
There are still things that can't be done with GZDoom that are possible with Build but in terms of overall possibilities, GZDoom is definitely the superior engine.
GENTEK

Post by GENTEK »

Hey Torm! Your web site for BOA is awsome I really like the design! :D
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

_mental_ wrote:
Mav3rick wrote:i did try the first version of 2.x yet i did have problems with sprites and stuff out of place
"The first version of 2.x" tells me nothing. Was it 2.0.x or 2.1.x or 2.2pre?
Did you try the latest stable version 2.1.1? Here is the latest devbuild at the moment. Check it too.
If you will encounter some problems I strongly suggest to report them by creating a topic on the corresponding forum.
Well the exact number i dont recall since it was long time ago, i even post here in the past because i did have visual glitches using any 2.x, but now all work good :)
Ozymandias81 wrote:@mav3rick
You need a fresh installment of GZDoom probably... also you must go at least for this one because r1752 has issues with Line Set Portal.
Otherwise wait for a new dev build.

Concerning the download you need well... check under GitHub and Google... :wink:
Hey how dare u to tell me to use google and work to find it :P is sooo rude but but but oh fine i will do the home work lol :P ;)

well to my surprice it work on the 1.10 :P so for now im using it and doing my first mission ;) i did try that version and i dont have more weird sprite problems as in the past :) but since many of the mods im playing are from 1.10 the save no work :?

thanks for all the help :)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

GENTEK wrote:Hey Torm! Your web site for BOA is awsome I really like the design! :D
Thanks for the kind words :)
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Graf Zahl wrote:Indeed. I don't think that such old graphics hardware is going to cut it anyway without letting the game degenerate into a slide show.
The most demanding parts of this mod are even maxing out my Geforce 550Ti. And that's saying something because in most maps the CPU is the limiting factor.

Aside from that, the 1.x branch is dead by now. Most of the backwards compatibility functionality is already present in the 2.x branch and there won't be any 1.x updates anymore.
Im really bumbed out that I need to get a new computer just to get new features on GZDoom, let alone play this mod. My PC is way too old to run new cards.
But I guess moving to openGL3 had to be done and I'm quite happy with the nmlatest GZDoom 1.x and what im able to do with it my mods.
Mav3rick

Post by Mav3rick »

hey since u need feedback i can give some :P and after playing the 1st mission here r some ideas or advices :)

1... the left bar is for oxigen? if that is the case will no be better only show when is on use?

2... sprint bar, really? this was the only thing that bothers me from rtcw, maybe to no abuse of the sprint will be if u sprint u can make louder sound and make enemies go and check it out, kind like commandos 2,3

3... can we have some more ammo from soldiers? if they drop the weapon is half clip, and if they drop the clip is full, after starting the mission i was 0 on ammo because they didnt drop :( so i have to use the knife

4... why a knife a small and light cuting weapon be so slow like a big hammer? love to have it to move it more faster like a lot faster ;) also the sprite can be improve, its suppoce the blade have to be poiting fordward and no up :P

Spoiler:
6... since you are send from home base, why no have to choose what weapons and ammo to take with us(of course will be limited)? and after send to another mission we keep the previous inventory and ammo/weapons from the other missions :D

so far is looking good :) few framerate problems with fog but the rest is working normal ;)
Wiw

Post by Wiw »

GENTEK wrote:Hey Torm! Your web site for BOA is awsome I really like the design! :D
What website?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”