Doom: The Golden Souls 2 | OUT NOW! | Current Ver: 1.4

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Batandy

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls 2 [Demo Released!]

Post by Batandy »

Gez wrote:After you complete the three maps, you can leave the path on the world map. Then you're lost forever.
Heh, that's what i get for whipping up a demo world map by taking assets from the real one, it'll be fixed :)
Randumb
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Randumb »

Thanks for the demo; played two hours and it was really fun. I'm not kidding when I say that I promoted your stuff onto my YouTube Channel!

Also, I expected a voice different from the Cyberdemon; a voice that can make this Cyberdemon much more different than the two we faced in the original... you should know what voice I'm talking about. Can we expect to hear some of "his" voice-clips?
Spoiler:
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Introducing the Flame Orb!
This little guy has a low health pool and can be taken out with just one shotgun blast, but should be considered like a high level threat in fights with multiple enemies, since he'll keep firing his auto-aiming flame projectiles and can kill you easily if you're not paying attention. The flame orb does not move, like the big plants, and if he's killed, he'll blow up hurting any enemy nearby, so don't stay close to it!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

a burning effects on him should make him even more threatening, anyway awesome flame effect!
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

I'm guessing he's inspired by the "Amp"s (Or Flame Chomps, they both look similar) from the Mario games? :P
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

I've noticed this in a couple mods now... What's the deal with map 3 beach level in the demo. GZDoom plays the water sound at full volume across the whole map and it's annoying as hell.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Keeps looking better and better! (btw, the unused area (or rather area that leads to a potential portal) in the HUB to the right of the castle in GS1 is going to remain unused right? GS1 is done done?)
Gez

Post by Gez »

Scuba Steve wrote:I've noticed this in a couple mods now... What's the deal with map 3 beach level in the demo. GZDoom plays the water sound at full volume across the whole map and it's annoying as hell.
Check your sound setting, see if you're using the OpenAL backend or the FMOD backend. If OpenAL, switch to FMOD.

If it's already FMOD, I have no idea what the cause is.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

OpenAL will also ruin the experience in the abandoned house, as the golden spiders become an incessant cacophony throughout the whole map.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Scuba Steve wrote:I've noticed this in a couple mods now... What's the deal with map 3 beach level in the demo. GZDoom plays the water sound at full volume across the whole map and it's annoying as hell.
Yeah as Ed said, switch to FMOD, this reminds me that i've got to make sure the player knows to have the right settings enabled (mod also breaks without 3d models enabled, but i've made sure to give every 3d model a box shaped sprite that says "Enable 3d Models" so the player knows what's wrong)
Abba Zabba wrote:Keeps looking better and better! (btw, the unused area (or rather area that leads to a potential portal) in the HUB to the right of the castle in GS1 is going to remain unused right? GS1 is done done?)
Yeah it's probably gonna stay that way, sadly
Randumb
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Randumb »

A suggestion: You know how some level spots in certain games have scenery around them to show that level it might be like? (Like a lake, some trees or hills around it) It'd be good detail, and even though the three maps are likely meant to be used in World 2, you could fix up that part of the world map in the final release.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Randumb wrote:A suggestion: You know how some level spots in certain games have scenery around them to show that level it might be like? (Like a lake, some trees or hills around it) It'd be good detail, and even though the three maps are likely meant to be used in World 2, you could fix up that part of the world map in the final release.
The world map you see in the demo has nothing to do with the full version's world map, i've just quickly put it together for those 3 levels (and it will be reused for every demo, except that the 3 levels will be different).
So, yeah, the real world map is gonna have some level-based scenery around (but not too much, i don't want to spoil them)
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Just played through the demo and I gotta say these levels are fantastic! I love the range of themes and I really look forwards to the final product. Maybe I'll contribute a map this time...
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

This mod is come very awesome.I must understand why a lot of people play this with Brutal Doom.BD RUIN THIS MOD!
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Almost forgot to post this here
It's a render i made for my facebook page :)

Wallpaper 1920x1080 : http://i.imgur.com/HdYPZ4k.png

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”